Monday, April 29, 2013

Barberena- Week 83



hello!!!

This week was great! We have started to work very close with the bishop and he has finally received the missionary work fire that we wanted him to have. We had consejo de barrio yesterday and the main topic was missionary work. Our bishop knows each of our investigators progressing and has asked the consejo to pray for each of them so that they can get baptized. The ward is planning two missionary activities this month and we are very excited. The main focus of the month of March is missionary work in the ward. We planned all of the topics of the talks to be given this month and all will have something to do with missionary work.
Also, the bishop was surprised that we are teaching mostly families. He was used to the majority of missionaries baptizing young men and women or children, or only individuals. It was gratifying to me that he noticed that we are teaching families and he has received the missionary fire that we wanted him to have. In other words, the bomb has been dropped. Mutilation of Satan. ... HE asked US when he could come out with us.. that hardly ever happens.

so good news... I am not DL anymore... WHOOP! I have been a leader for almost all of my mission and I am grateful for the chance to not be one and just work. According to the AP Elder Naylor, because the missions are dividing, the president needs to train a lot of new missionaries how to be leaders... so cool beans! I have thought a little bit about the positions I have had in the mission and thought about all the times I have trained. 4 times. I can count on one hand the missionaries that have trained as much as I have. I don't know why the president has so much confidence and trust in me.... and I dunno why the Lord has so much trust in me.. but you know.. whatever.
 Its super cool to listen to the spirit and learn that someone needs help. We are teaching another family that has a few financial problems... we have trouble finding them in the house because they get home late from work.. but one night we decided to go.. and earlier that day, they had received a notice that they were going to be taken from the house. So we have been trying to help them out a little bit and try and find a house. Hope they can find one in time.

We had a great lesson with the familia Gonzalez this week and with a former less active member that also had troubles with the word of wisdom. I think the member really like it! Because he took us out to dinner like 3 times this week and bought us an ice cream cake! jajaja! I think that it helped him realize that it is possible. still trying.. but has back tracked quite a bit... but we are all just trying and working and progressing.

That lady with the 25 questions.. I gave her her answers yesterday.. It really wasn't hard.. It took me like 15 min.. jaja.. but anyway, she got up and bore her testimony yesterday about charity. She really loved the lesson last week.. She talked about how she was able to put it into practice this week. I really enjoyed and was grateful for her decision to apply what she learned.. she said that she expected some great miracle for doing a small act of charity. But the true miracle she said, was the miracle of feeling that sensation that you helped someone. Its true. :) also, Veronica, my convert for this area bore her testimony for the first time. She did great:) Trembling a bit at the pulpit, but she did great.)
 

This week a family invited us over for lunch.. it was really cool to talk to them and get to know them... we learned about how they came to know that church etc.. They have a stand in the market... jajaja! so that's sick... that's a cool thing about being in the mission for so long... jajaja:) I really like their family because there are no secrets in their family.. A problem or sin of one, is a call of all the family members to help.. she had no problem telling me about her own sins and the sins of her family... because she and I both know that everyone makes mistakes and has that rebellious side sometimes.. I really learned a lot from the hermana.

Mum, take the number 531 and divide it into the number of days you have until general conference.. that is how many pages you have to read a day.. set a time where you will do it. and do it.. You can do it! Its cool that you are going to be able to talk with Jeff.. I definitely want to take to him when I have a little cash to start producing music:) I hope all is well! I love you!
Dad, I think i am leaning a little more towards NAU also. but, I don't have a GPA that high... but its alright.. I have actually been planning a little bit in my free time(which is close to none) about what I am going to work as when I am back.. making goals as to how much I want to make and how I am going to do it.  So that also, I can be able to do a few of the things that I want to do to follow and pursue some of my passions.. I will definitely share it with you when I am back in a couple months:)..thanks for everything dad! Get rid of those crocks.. jajaja. I love you!
Austin, I hope all is well and I am sure the blessing was awesome.. keep up the good work!
Ellie, sounds like you definitely had a fantastic experience with your blessing.. it will definitely be a treasure to you forever. Love ya!
Brynn. I am glad that you had so much fun this past week! love ya!

Thanks for everything! You guys are awesome!
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment