Monday, April 29, 2013

Barberena- Week 89

Hello! This week was super interesting. Good things happened and bad things happened.. I´ll start with the bad:)

We might need to drop a family that we have been working with for about 4 months. He has been struggling with the word of wisdom for forever as you know.  Its sad because we have come to love that family so much. We want them to better their lives. But we can only do so much, right? We had a lesson with them with the stake president and it went well..just keep praying!

With D, it started like a roller coaster trying to help him with his doubts and questions.. but this week was like moving from doubt to doubt... then he thought that he wasn't going to be able to find a job that gives Sunday off.. but finally did,.. then eternal marriage.. that was interesting... I had never taught that principle like a taught him... I told him of what kind of wife I would like. It was kinda an odd lesson... jajaja

So I find out again and again that secrets don't stay secrets for very long in the church.... jajajaja... I have only told like a few people about me leaving and like now the whole ward knows.. jaja.... also.. this really surprised me: The bishop knew that I went out with Elder Martino when I started my mission. Secrets don't stay secrets I guess.. jaja..

This week i ate a pupusa that i shouldn't have eaten and it made me sick for a day.. the pic attached is my "give me cancer now" face... I had to stay in the house for the whole day... I was hating life on the all day... but, I got a blessing from the bishop that night and I was back to normal the next day:) The priesthood is way more powerful than pepto bismal.







We also have a new assignment from the bishop to help with the youth in their duty to God booklets- that are way cooler than the ones that I used... but we are to interview the youth weekly about their progress in that thing... Its cool to have the bishop trust us so much... He actually asked me the exact date that I leave so that I have a little farewell. He is a good bishop.

This morning I finished Jesus the Christ. That book is 802 pages of pure knowledge and doctrine of Jesus Christ. I feel like I know Him and His apostles a bit more. Very cool experience to read.

So funny thing... I just got off the phone with the secretaries of the mish and they asked me what airport I want to be sent to... I told them I want to got to New York. Concrete jungle where dreams are made of... jajaja... but he said that he was going to buy them today:) That is super weird... speaking of immigration stuff... my comp had to go get legalized this week... I got to see all my indie friends, Elder Martin and Elder Winter... super fun elders...

"The secret of happiness is that we are the cause of it."

Dad, i am glad that everything is going good and that you guys had a good time in Cali! and that work is good and everything. Sounds like the boat is sick! One of my buddies here and I are thinking about trying to plan some kind of Lake Powell trip this summer... if its possible (a fellow cyclist as well) and then a big group of us for the summer of 2014.. Because only us two will be back for this summer... weird.. jaja! I love you pops!
Mum, sounds like everything went well for your late anniversary party:) Mission beach is a really cool place. and I think that summer house there would be sick whips my nic grips:) Anyway, also, my comps name is Elder Santos:)
Austin, congrats on you meet! that's pretty sick. Representing the Thornton name:) And thank you for sharing your testimony with me... reading and praying really does help a ton:)
Ellie, I hope all goes well with testing and tryouts this week! Ask Austin for his advice... he shared with me a cool story:)
Brynn, good luck with testing! read your scriptures before you leave for school! love ya!

Thanks for everything! You are all awesome!
Elder Thornton

No comments:

Post a Comment