Monday, April 29, 2013

Barberena- Week 84



 




 
          HELLO,
I am sure you guys are all busy with spring break and stuff.. so that's cool.. but this week was awesome! It was indeed a week of miracles.

On Tuesday we had a small couple of miracles. We are working with a less active mom with three kids. 2 at or above baptism age. She has never wanted to come back to church. But on Tuesday she came for the activities on Tuesday night. The kids had a blast and the mom also had a good time. I guess that's the first step to coming back right? Also on Tuesday night, we had a father and two sons that came to the activities and another single adult come. They had never come to church before so that was a good starter...  our members can talk with people and they are good at fellow shipping.:) Side note, all the primary girls like my eyes a ton.. So they always want me to play games with them... on Tuesday I played mika with them.. its like a Spanish equivalent of tag. But you play with some kind of object.. and you have to touch the other with the object.. and yell MIKA! hahaha

The church came out with some new announcements this week.. Now we can email who ever we want.. as long as the person is not within the mission boundaries. So if I were one to have had like 20 girlfriends like Austin, I could email all of them... jaja--- also, ipods are now allowed... but only if they don't have a video function... so only the shuffles are allowed... and that is on a world wide level. Too bad I am leaving soon.. jajaja...

So my investagator opened up to me this week.. he told me that he hadn't been honest about telling me that some days he had smoked... but he showed true concern about whether or not he was going to be able to give it up.. I talked with him and he has a new desire to stop smoking. He wants to stop... its just that he can't. But poco a poco. He feels frustrated because he is having such a hard time with it.

There is a competition in the mission for the cleanest house. So now, our house is super clean! jaja... I walked around barefoot for a while... jaja. Being on a mission in this country is like being on a camping trip for two years... jaja

I got a wedding announcement from Noah this week! He got married in December.. But I knew that:) Also a letter from Tina and Kerry Green.. Tell him thanks!

So remember when I was talking about a new project I am working on called sky fall? So I guess some guy in my bishops mission did the same thing! So now our bishop is helping us with sky fall:) (apparently that's the name of a semi new movie as well??)

The 25 question lady is doing a lot better.. shes poniendese gato.  She called and asked for material help on a class that she has to teach on Sunday..whoop!

Now that I am finishing up, (and I am not baggy in any way shape or form) I have been thinking about what I might say in my talk when I return. I am sure within a couple weeks, the bishop will have all the talks for may planned out and you guys can send me the topic:) Please and thank you!

This week we had a miracle walk in the front doors of our church. David, our new investigator, has been living in the area for about a month. He always noticed the church when he went by in the bus, and decided this past week that he was going to find out more about that church and go the next Sunday. He showed up really early, supposedly, (we didn't know. We were bringing investigators to church) Because he didn't know what time the meetings started. After sacrament meeting, we finally got to meet him and he stayed the three hours of the meetings. We then explained to him what we do as missionaries and asked for his directions and everything. Then he later asked if we could come by later that day. He had already read the folleto we gave him and was filled with great questions. We finally found an investigator of gold. Or better said, he found us. I believe it is a blessing of obedience. My comp and I have really been striving for that lately. But the Lord prepares people everywhere.

Hope everything is going great! thanks for everything! Have fun on spring break!
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment