Monday, April 29, 2013

Barberena- Week 88

Family,
So this week was a blur.... like lots of weeks.. but I guess I'll just start!
So there is this juice that has been out for a couple months with the flavor of a fruit called mandarina. Its like nectar from the Greek gods... its insanely rico. I would live off of it forever if it wasn't for the high fructose corn syrup.. jaja! There is also a natural fruit juice that I tried this week that tastes and smells like power bait. (you know, that fish bait stuff).. JAJA!
 
I get to stay in my area for my last change which is great.. I only wanted 1 of two things to happen in changes. I wanted to stay with Elder llamacponcca, or if they change one of us, for it to be me.. neither of them happened, and I am now training for the 5th time..... nuf said.. Training is probably the most stressful job of the mission.. but my new and last comp is from Guatemala. he is 18. but he is good! He should be a good comp.. He comes with a problem that all of my kids have come with.. he talks fast... jaja.. oh,,, and I am DL again from some reason...
I gave my raincoat to Elder llamacponcca.. He didn't have one and I knew that he would need one.. He was like a kid on Christmas... he was so excited. Small acts of charity bring happiness. He was really sad to leave. He was the only comp that I have had that we never fought.. never even argued. but, I hope he is happy:)
 
I got the Obama chip question again.. do you know anything about that?
These past couple weeks have been super super hot. I die. i die!, but whatever, I know that I only have to endure for like a month more and then I get relief in the AZ desert of triple digits.. jaja...!
So I don't think that I have been loved more by the primary girls in any other ward than this one. Its pretty funny:) One who knows that I am finishing soon said, "I'm not letting you get on that plane! see what happens if you get on that plane!" That made me laugh..
 
I got a letter from Lindsey and the Kilgrows! Tell them thanks because I am not going to worry about writing back anymore.. although I am still very grateful:)
We eat on Sundays with the familia Siguenza.. holy cow.. If you knew them, you would understand that that means that we didn't stop laughing the whole time we were there:)
I have a super original fun idea for a family picture... considering I assume that we will be taking one when I get back.. ask me to tell you about it in about a month:)
We taught about vicarious work with David yesterday.. that was interesting.. I thought that he would take it super well... but I was a tad bit mistaken... I hope it doesn't affect his fecha for this weekend.. pray for him porfavor!
Now for the momento that you have all been waiting for. GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! sick swips my nip grips.
First of all, I think my favorite talk this conference was by Pres. Packer. Just by the way he spoke and the form and format of his talk, I think that that was his last talk. I don't think he will give another.. I mean, those guys probably feel stuff like that.. that's the form in the which many general authorities have spoken in their last talk. His was awesome. His testimony was powerful.
Then, I was really surprised with the first woman that spoke, usually I feel that their talks aren't as good, but Elaine s Dalton's talk was sodding crazy powerful. I enjoyed the missionary work talks like Elder Nelsons, Pres Eyrings(especially) and also Pres. Monsons (gave him a high five in the scout jamboree). Elder Christofferson (shook his hand)is a sodding boss. les miserables I am interested to study. And also, so you know, Elder Falabella was the pres of Central America last year. I shook that guys hand as well:) And also, the captain Moroni of our days Elder Holland was sick.. 2nd favorite of the conference.
I thank God for a prophet. To guide us. we can have confidence in the words of the prophets because they speak the words of God.
Mum, thanks for you letter! Sounds like the conference was awesome. And congrats on finishing the BoM! you're a stud. That topic that they have given me is pretty dumb... definitely going to change that up a bit.. jajaj! What do I know about provident living!? All I know that is that I go to the pantry and there is food! jaja.. just kidding.. thanks for everything mum.. love ya!
Dad, sounds like we are part of a boat family again! I am glad that everything went well there.. I have some plans that I was working on today that I would like to run by you when i am back.. I don't think that I will have the hardest time adjusting, but you know... you never know! Thanks for everything pops! Wanna do leadville? (not this year.. but next year:)) thanks for everything and your advice! Sounds like the crit and the tour was sweet... one day I will be back on the bike. I love you
Austin, sounds like everything is going a lot better! Sorry for being hard on you.. I hope that you can get all that stuff figured out.. I am glad that you have figured some stuff out yourself. finish up school strong! love ya
Ellie, sounds like you are learning how to drive already. That's insane. Be careful!
Brynn, Hope everything is good! You haven't written in a while! have a great week!
Thanks for everything! Your the best. "have you ever had feelings for a nun?" (i saw a nun today on the way to the stake center and it made me laugh when I thought of that movie"
salu.
Elder Thornton


No comments:

Post a Comment