Monday, April 29, 2013

Barberena- Week 90


HELLO!
First things first, Happy Birthday Ellie! Hope its a good one:)

SO this week was basically a blur... I mean... literally... I am always surprised at how fast the week passes. On Tuesday, we had divisions. I went with an Elder called Hammond. It was pretty fun. Sometimes on divisions, you stay up late telling stories.... that's how it was with us this week jajaja... Also, he helped me with a few of my plans and ideas for after the mission. So, prepare yourselves for something amazing:)

On Wednesday, we had a meeting for all the trainers and all the new missionaries.. That was way cool. And the day before, hermana Glazier called to ask about the nersh burts thing that we did a few weeks ago. She asked me how training was going and told me that I am one of the Elders that has trained most.. she also expressed that trainers lead the mission.. I would beg to differ.. but you know.. whatever... jaja! Anyway, that meeting on Wednesday was a huge machete.. I have so many things to change.. then on Thursday we had a zone conference, and that was a huge machete as well.. so all my good ties have blood on them now.. what takes out blood stains? jaja 
 
I talked a little bit with F this week.. its hard not to.. he cooks for us... jaja.. but he seems a little discouraged... maybe I was too hard on him.. but I will not excuse myself for what I said... but he said that if he doesn't get it under control in like 2 or 3 weeks, he will enter an institution to help him leave his vices. But I think he has a little more enthusiasm to keep going...I hope.

At the start of this last change, I had the goal to baptize every other week. We had people, families and everything was set to do it. As time has gone forth this change, it has not happened like that. I feel like my fechas fall left and right, even though a month ago, they were more than positive that they were going to be baptized. Sometimes I feel like and can relate to Alma when his only wish was to declare repentance with the sound of a trump as an angel would.

So the zone but the goal to baptize 7 people in every area the 22 of June. And one way to do it would be to fast every week... so we started yesterday.. I guess those guys will have to tell me if it all works out:) jaja..

So I found some answers to one of my questions that I have had for a long time... about dinosaurs... ask me about my ideas another time:)

So there were chambones in our area this week.. you should ask me about that one too sometime.. jajaj

Yesterday, I didn't teach my class of principios del evangelio and we went to the adult Sunday school class... the teacher is a super good teacher... at the end of the class, she asked everyone to write only the name of the person they could perform an act of missionary service to them... it really made me kinda mad that so many people didn't do it... and played it off as a joke.. and had some stupid excuse like " I have already tried." made me sad.

Then in the third hour, we went with the young men for our new assignment, and the lesson was on preparing for a mission.. freak.. it was so sick and powerful... bishop shared his testimony about his mission and whatnot... I want you all to know, that I would not trade these past two years for anything. For school, money, lo que sea la cosa.. I would not trade it for anything. Very few moments of my life have been so happy as these past two years.. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that you are focused on other people rather than on yourself.

David had an interesting thought yesterday. He compared our lives as a puzzle (of happiness) with a missing piece.. we all look for the piece and try to push whatever piece we can in.. it could be anything, cosas mundanas, whatever... but we will always come to find out that the missing piece is God. Mosiah 2:41.

Mum, thanks for the letter! that's cool that missionaries are coming and going left and right. But I want you to know, that I will not be one of those missionaries that always talks or talks openly about experiences from the mission.. they are all special to me.. :) (but Iwill tell you guys:)) Cool beans that everything went good with the boat, gym, and orange juice:) hope everything goes good this week! I declare in this moment that the day I return, I will drink a whole gallon of that orange juice! I love you!
Dad, hope all is well this week! and I hope you can finally beat my time at the whisky race! jaja... iIdon't even remember my time actually.. I think it was like 4 and a half hours of something.. but anyway, good luck this week! I love you
Austin, hope all is well! sounds like you are getting strong! and don't worry, I wont be weird... jaja... but yeah. We will do a whole bunch of locuras:) love ya bud
Ellie, congrats on making varsity! You are super cool.. don't worry about drama stuff... forgive and forget..
Brynn, sounds like this week was awesome and that the b day party was sick! have a great week! see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment