Monday, April 29, 2013

Barberena- Week 85



Hello! Sounds like the week was awesome! Don't worry about not writing, its totally understandable.. I actually did not even expect you guys to write.. So totally no problem this week was good!

Monday, after I wrote, I saw my first bishop of my mission! It was super cool to see him, considering that he was one of the best bishops:)
Tuesday: We walked into the church courtyard to talk to the stake pres, and Tuesday's are the wards activities, as soon as I walked in, all the primary girls came running after me yelling "!torton!!!" they wanted me to play mika again... unfortunately we didn't have time.. some might say that a missionary shouldn't play and stuff.. but I compare my self to Joseph Smith---- who ALWAYS made time and played with children:) also, hermana Claudia came again to the activities. But still no luck on Sunday.
Wednesday, I went on divisions with an Elder Olivia.. from guate. we celebrated the new pope from Argentina a bit... it was fun:)
Thursday, we had a meeting with a bishop from a ward that hasn't had missionaries there for years. We talked about a plan to be able to help them in their ward.. I am going to their ward on Sunday to drop the bomb on them.. then in two weeks, we are going to drop another bomb on our ward:) I love months that have 5 Sundays.. Because usually we can teach them:)
Friday, we had a correlation with our bishop and we put some plans down for a preach my gospel but to teach members.. we called it sky fall with elder Mehr.. but it was just an idea... now it is a reality. :)
Sunday, our bishop called me in and put us on divisions and sent my comp to do other things.. and the 2nd counselor and the pres of the elders. We had a small meeting where we worked on some things. It really make me feel good that the bishop trusted me enough to help him. I have expressed before, our bishop is awesome. He is so good with problems and such. Anyway, it was really cool:)
Well there is a brief synopsis of my week! here´s more:)

quote of the week: "you don't have to bray like a jacka__ to be heard of the Lord" (Joseph Smith to someone who prayed with shouts and stuff..jajaja)

I got two comments this week that I look like Joseph Smith..(weird) and that I sound like I am from England.. because I don't have a gringo accent... jajaja

I usually say to my comp on a weekly basis; Oh Elder, one day I will make music again.. jaja

I finished the Book of Mormon again yesterday.. I love it... it is so true.. I believe that makes 9 times that I have read it.

In the Sunday school class that I teach, I taught with only questions.. the whole class! it was really cool.. it was difficult, but it was awesome. I learned a lot.. and I think that they learned a lot as well... the questions started easy, but got harder to answer as they went on... many times we know the lesson already.. we just don't know that we know it:)

This week we arrived at just the right time to give a blessing.. like super awesome timing. He got sick that afternoon and we showed up that night.. there are so many cool experiences like that in the mission.

News with the G family: They are set for the 30 of this month! that is, if he doesn't smoke from now until then.. he has been successful this week! Last week I had a one on one with him again and I spoke hard things to him.... but that sparked the fire again and he is doing good! incluso, He says that his sons are going to be missionaries as well.- they are a good family with a few problems, but they are improving.!!! And we are happy about that.

D, really shows uneasiness with trying to figure out if the church is true. Very similar to that of which Joseph smith probably felt.. But he will be answered.

Mum, sounds like the week was good! Please don't worry about not writing.. its really not the end of the world. jaja.. but I am Glad that spring break was good! That's cool that Summer is going on a mission.. I remember in high school thinking that she was gorgeous... but I don't remember... jajaja..also one of my friends from San Vicente also goes to her mission on the day I go home! jaja... I love you mum! salu.. Next week I will send fotos... I haven't taken any lately.
Dad, sounds like everything is good with you as well! Have you really not been on the road bike since last summer? your crazy! Also, I hope all goes well with the boat! I am pretty excited. I love ya dad!
Austin, stay fresh! I hope that all is good with track and such... keep in mind what is really important! love ya!
Ellie, thanks for the poem and stuff, keep being awesome!
Brynn, I saw pics of you! looks like you enjoyed the snow! I love you!
Thanks for everything! I love you all! salu!
Elder Thornton

No comments:

Post a Comment