Monday, April 29, 2013

Barberena-Week 87








       Hello! Happy Easters! "first thing I learned out here. Missionaries are humans, and humans are            screw ups"

This week was good... it was hard work wise, but good! This week was the famous passion week. (or semana santa) Because of the high density of Catholics, its a pretty nation-wide thing.. which makes it hard to do work.. Highlights of the semana santa would be, the alfombras. (big murals of salt on the streets) mangos en miel. jocotes en miel. And toreja. Super delicious. Those are traditional foods of the semana santa.. and fish, but we didn't eat fish.. But anyway! Cool beans!

I went on divisions with Elder Kwak and every house we entered gave us food... I was stuffed.. semana santa spirit I guess.. but he did the interview of kevin, and he got baptized... pray for the rest of the familia so that he can stop smoking...

David, is not the guy with the sandwich... that's a mentally challenged guy that always asks us for a radio and hangs out at our cooks house:) jajaja.. he is an example, because he always is smiling. no matter what, he is happy:) Anyway, David set his own baptismal date.. for the 13 of April!! whoop whoop! That hardly ever happens... that the inv sets his own date.. swips skips my nick grips!

As I am going into my last change, I feel a lot of different things.. yesterday, I was thinking a little in church and I realized how little time I have left. And I got super sad. I got a bit teary eyed thinking about it.. I really love it here and don't want to leave... I mean, I do because I want to see you guys... but other than that, normal life stinks compared to this. As for changes, I would like to stay, but it is unknown.. I would like to stay with Elder llamacponcca.. but we will see. I kinda feel like Joseph Smith when he said "I go like a lamb to the slaughter but I am as calm as a summers day" jaja. I will really feel super sad the day I have to leave, but I know that we only have two years. I love this place.

We had a great lesson with Jorge. An inv that has been coming to church for 6 months (his daughter is a member) in which i expressed to him the feeling i have about returning home... he began to tell me about his life and the ways that he was able to endure through hard times in his life.. and he told me not to worry... so that's what i am trying to do I guess...Iam grateful for him.. he also wants to be baptized on his birthday on the 11 of may... but we are trying to get him to do it before.. but we will see:)

I am getting pretty good at making pupusas.. They come out as circles now... jajaja

I had the wonderful opportunity to speak in church yesterday. It was the first time that I have spoken on Easter. It was awesome and such an awesome experience to study the Savior life and atonement these past couple weeks. (I have about 200 pages left of Jesus the Christ) It was on the Atonement. And it was a bit of a machete.  Here is a quote "Es dificil de comprender de que los miembros de la iglesia tienen la audacia de no hacer lo correcto, como quebrar la palabra de sabiduria o la ley de castidad. despues de que Jesucristo paso por todo lo que hizo. ARREPIENTENSE!".. jajajajajajajaja.. It was a lot of love though.. so it wasn't a huge machete... ask me about that talk when I am back... it was cool:)

In the spirit of this Easter season, I will share my testimony. Something that I don't do that often in letters, but should.. anyway
I know that the this Church is the Church of Christ. He guides it. He leads it. He speaks with a prophet and He reveals that knowledge to us. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that Joseph Smith is he that revealed that truth unto us. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and we get closer to God every time we read it. We learn more about the atonement every time we read. Christ is the promised Messiah. He is the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament and was born into this world as Jesus Christ. Through Him I find reconciliation. He is my example. My Master. My Lord. My King. My God. My Savior and My Friend. I love Him. I want to do the Things that please Him. He is the Lamb of God who was unblemished and sacrificed for the sins of man and to save us. He bought us with a price that was heavy. But because of His love we can be clean. "I would that ye should seek this Jesus of whom the Prophets have testified. in His Holy and Sacred Name, amen.

Mum, I am glad that everything went well this week. I am happy that you had a great day at the Randolph center. I love you! Happy Easters.
Dad, I hope all goes well this week. Hopeful the tour goes well and the boat hunt as well.. In my talk yesterday I compared the relationship that we have with the relation ship that Christ has with His Father. I showed the picture of us at the tour de mesa cycling thingy... and then talked about how I always followed you around the garage and the house as a kid trying to help and be like you. Then cited the scripture that says, "I don't do anything but what I see the Father do." and then started my talk.. Thanks for everything pops! I love you!
Austin, I am really glad that you were humble enough to take what I wrote last week in the spirit of which I wrote it in. I want you to have your call before I am back. OK? I don't care when the availability date is, but I want you to have it when I'm back.
Ellie, I am super happy that you also had a wonderful experience with  the Randolph Center.. I know that they love you for the service you gave. It is part of their nature to love.. the have no influence of the natural man. Thanks for everything! Ilove you!
Brynn, I hope all is well and that you also had a great time at that center. Keep up the good in school and finish strong!
I love you all! Thanks for everything!
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment