Monday, February 18, 2013

Barberena- Week 74



Hello! It was really cool to talk to you all! You guys are pretty awesome. I hope you guys had a great Christmas!

So new project; nersh burts. Small messages to people that live close to us on pieces of paper. Then telling them where to find us if they are interested in the message. And do one like twice a month. Nersh=nourished by the good word of God. Maybe one message will interest someone:)
ON Sunday there was a primary program, and it was awesome. I felt through the whole thing that I wanted to be like those kids. Become childlike. And put off the natural man and all my sins.

Last week the bishop asked us what we as missionaries would like from the ward. That was the first time that a bishop has asked me that as a missionary and it was awesome. Our bishop is a boss.

The Christmas dinner went well and I met a lot of less actives and people brought their non member friends.:)

As for the temple, it was awesome. I went with a few questions. Mostly about what to do with the rest of my life...  I thought mums comment about figuring it out here was a good idea...considering I am a lot closer to God and stuff... but what I have decided is to start a year off at NAU, then possible go up to U of Utah and live with grandma possibly?? And then do med school there. During that time, I will be learning to produce music with the help of Jeff and a few other guys that I have met that are doing that.... so that way, I will still be able to pursue my passion. Also, with school, what I said yesterday, but preferably morning classes:)

Mum and Dad, thanks for the stories you wrote and thank you for everything. you guys are pretty awesome parents and I am super lucky to be here in the mission with parents like you that support me and such.. thanks for everything! I love you! (saw Frank wall:))
Austin,thanks for your story,, that is so true! keeping the commandments brings peace of mind... 
Ellie, thanks for your stories, as for your question. you may try asking very specific questions.. if you want a specific answer, you have to have a specific question. You also might say something like "this is my plan and if its not whats right, let me feel bad about it." or something of the sort.. in my experience, that burning usually means yes.
Brynn, as for your question. Austin had a great answer to that.. people that keep the commandments have peace of mind. I have talked to so many people that feel guilt for things they have done, but they have no way to repent because the are members of another church. The only church that has the true doctrine of repentance is ours. Keeping the commandments brings happiness.. the happiest moments in my life are when I am keeping the commandments. I just had a huge realization today when mum told me about the word of wisdom. I think she looks a lot younger than people her age. And that goes for most Mormons. They all look younger than they are... its weird... well, I hope that helps!
I love you all! you're the best.
elder thornton.

No comments:

Post a Comment