Monday, February 18, 2013

Barberena- Week 78



Holy sod! My mind is blown! ASH IS GOING TO LONDON!!!! And way more crazy that she leaves the day I get back! With any luck, we will cross paths.. But who knows..but either way, she will be exactly where she needs to be:) I am super excited for her:)

So, the newest news of the week is, I stayed in my area, and.......I am training again. number 4... whoop. My future wife will be lucky if we have kids... jajaja! But anyway, my new kid is from Peru. his name is Elder Llamacponcca.. try and say that 5 times fast.. jaja! He is a cool guy and a pure Lamanite! his first language wasn't Spanish.. It was some tribal language from the Andes of Peru! jaja! President asked me this time to think of all the times I have trained and try and make this time training the best time I have done it...(i feel like my English is super bad... so sorry if this letter and future or past letters don't make sense..)

I actually ended up having lots of fun with Elder Ayala... .. I figured that instead of macheting him, I might as well be his friend first.. ya know? And that made all the difference...

We had a baptism of a family completed on Saturday and the family of the baptismal candidate was there and they had a good experience. Now one of the siblings wants to be baptized. We are blessed. the husband  baptized his wife and it was super super awesome.. very cool for my comp! Got to the country on Monday and baptized on Saturday! Hope it happens for him in that way for the rest of his mission. Lots of baptisms!

I have been studying PMG in depth these past couple weeks and I have found 2 errors in the translation of the manual. me la pico I really am learning a lot and am looking forward to learning more. I love gospel study!

lately, I have been getting kinda upset with snakes... why cant they just leave me alone like any normal person!?

I think that changes are absolutely inspired. For one, your companion. For two, the people you teach. Three, the members you meet.. like especially because I am so nervous to start the normal life, the familia A that has helped me put some plans in order to be able to not worry about stuff so much.. so many inspired things of the mission:)

So the familia G, our new cook came to church yesterday! So that was good news.. he still has problems smoking.. but we are trying to work through it.. I like to teach a lot with fotos of the fam... the father of the family told me that he is investigating the church for his family.. because he is envious to have the family that we have... he said that he could see that light and happiness in our faces and that we really loved each other... so we hope that they keep progressing con todo..

I feel like I have grown up a lot on my mission.. spiritually and temporally.. but that doesn't mean that I am not the same person. I just have a lot better idea of the person I want to be.. to be my own person. And not worry about the bandwagon effect.. and in a way, I have always been that with my taste in music and worldly things, but you know,, whatever. I just really love my life a lot and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be sharing the gospel, and deepening my love for this wonderful cause. I love you all a ton and have a great week!

Dad, I apologize, I have no idea about those user names and passwords.. but good news about the other stuff! Thanks for everything! You are great! I love ya dad.. keep training!
Mum,last weeks subject line: from the shins, Australia! we´ll see if you figure out this one.. the trick is to listen to the song and then think of me... not listening to it... jajaja! Anyway, thanks for everything and thanks for helping me with school stuff and what not.. I got a short email from Elder Trump today! hes doing great:) I love you and thanks for everything!
Austin, sounds like everything is going alright.. just remember that things are going hard because Satan doesn't want you to progress.. the 6 months before I left where some of the hardest parts of my life.. but it gets better. I promise. love ya bro... I cant wait to go to Lake Powell with you! It will be sick!
Ellie, thanks for everything, pictures look good!
Brynn, thank you for the very nice note... I am glad that you take my advice seriously and that you really try to smile... smile at challenges and smile and problems.. it helps everything!
Thanks for everything! you are all awesome! congratulate Ashlyn!
salu!
Elder Thornton

No comments:

Post a Comment