Monday, February 18, 2013

Barberena- Week 81



Hey family! Sounds like everything has been going good with you guys. I would have to say things are going good with me too... I can now legally buy alcohol, even though I will never drink:)
 
This week has been a week of a few miracles. For one, I have lasted so long in this country alive. Another would be that I made it to 21. And probably most important is that the wife of a family with a fecha  has been having trouble dropping coffee. She stopped drinking for just 5 days. Then on the sixth day she was going to make a coffee. She made it, took a sip, and almost threw up. She said that she had absolutely no desire to drink anymore. The husband, who has had trouble dropping cigarettes. He has dropped it for days at a time (when before he smoked three packs). This week is the week planned to drop it for good, forever. I have faith that God will give him the strength to stop. He sure has given him a lot of help these past couple weeks. When we did that milk with lime and tobacco thing, he really hated it... it helped a little bit, but he still has a little trouble with it all... when I told him that Austin had given me the idea, i gave him the cup and he was like"I hate your brother" and started drinking.. jajaja! We are going to do it again today if it hasn't worked out.:) He really wants to stop, but for the nicotine, It makes it hard for him.

The multizona on my birthday was fantastic. Elder Mehr was there... he is so awesome. I feel like my faith grows just by seeing and talking to him. He is one of those guys that will be one of my best friends forever. I really learned a lot from that meeting. I had to clean my tie off a little bit because of the blood stains from the machete of the president. jajaja.. the meeting was on faith and obedience. I love multizonas.. in the next one, I will be sharing my testimony because it will be my last one.. that's a scary thought.

This week I had a chance to see what it would be like to serve in the states.. We were walking down the street and this guy like flies out of the restaurant and was like "ELDERS!" so we waved and kept walking on the other side of the street. Then he kept calling us and we decided to turn around and see what this crazy hooligan wanted.. Turns out that he was a member from California and he and his wife had emigrated like 30 years ago and were visiting for the first time in like 10 years.. So they bought us a soda and and ice cream:) I am sure that that always happens in the states:)

After that experience, I had an interview that I needed to do.. it was awesome... I believe that I conversed with you about how much I loved doing interviews... but just to reiterate, I am telling you again:) I love it... like I have said before, the best part of the mission is watching people change their lives. We don't convert anyone. we just have information and invitations etc. Its up to the investigator to act upon the message that we share.
 
 I have had a leprous finger these past couple weeks, (I FORGOT MY CAMERA... so no foto) put finally I talked to the nurse and she had to send a pic to the doctor of C.A. and finally I was instructed to buy some cream that has done some miracles. Its almost as good as the Catholics holy water... jaja! I have only used it for like three days and my finger is almost healed!
I always think that it is weird that I have dreams about people I haven't seen in a while... this week I had like three of the same person... she went to my high school and NAU... cool girl.. but thats weird??

I love helping people. Remember that recent convert with the problem that called us for like 20 min? Well she is doing better... I gave her two talks to read over the week and she really loved them.. it was Pres Eyring and Elder Anderson's talks from last Oct... I love helping people with their problems... Maybe that's why I want to be a doctor so bad?

So I dunno if you got my handwritten letter.. but now I am leaning more towards NAU again. .. The president has said time and time again that the Lord rewards preparation. So I have been trying to prepare. Now I am finding out that I could graduate in two years with just a few summer and winter classes at NAU, and even possibly add another minor (music). If I got to Utah, then it would be three to get the chem minor... but I dunno what the deal would be like for non resident applicants for the U of U med school... ??? plus with this new info de la abuela about renting out an apartment or condo in flag? That would be like way cooler as well...I dunno, I decided this week that I wasn't going to lose any more sleep over the subject as I have been doing. I am just going to have my plan and live it.. and if it changes, so be it... I think that studying it out in my mind is a huge part of the process of getting my answer from God to know what to do.. something that I didn't do when I first prayed.. (See DyC 9). .. but something cool about all that is that I have found some cool new stuff of my pat. blessing that I hadn't really notices before. And it has helped a lot... it is in the last sentence of the second to last paragraph.. (if you have a copy:))

Mum, I hope all is well! I haven't got the package yet because they didn't bring anything for the multizona, but I might go to the office today to see if its there, but we will see.. if not, I will wait till the changes... on the 20... like 10 days.. So we will see! my comp is super funny.. He does everything like me! He buys the same soap, same food, everything... its funny...jaja. I love you!
Dad, I hope all goes well this week and that the race is sick! I hope all works out with all the school stuff... what do you think about school and stuff? What would you do? I love you pops!
Austin, sounds like Sadie's was sick. That foto was super funny! jajaja.. I am sure that it was way fun:) Hows the mission papers coming? Started yet? love ya bro
Ellie, hope all is well! keep on keeping on! love ya.
Brynn, my birthday was good and quiet! Just had a missionary meeting and worked that night, something that stinks about growing up is that your birthdays end up just being another day..jaja!

I love you all! thanks for everything! you are all pretty darn cool!
elder ttt

No comments:

Post a Comment