Monday, February 18, 2013

Barberena- Week 79

This week has been filled with teaching my companion. I have had to teach him a lot of doctrine. He being a convert of only 2 years means he does not know a lot about the doctrine. Something that is super necessary as a missionary. I am sure you could only imagine the struggles of that. He has to learn the doctrine so that he can teach the doctrine... but we are moving along gracefully. I think a lot of the new struggles this round training has to do with the shortened time in the MTC. Only 12 days for latinos.

Happy Birthday Cannon!

This week we had a leadership training and I got to see all my best buds. Elder Winter and Elder Mehr. Elder Winter is now a zone leader in San Vicente! where I was before and by far one of my favorite areas. I love those guys. They are such huge examples to me.  Their faith is incredible and something I admire. .. I also learned a lot in the meeting and felt the need of changing lots of things I have been doing... its hard at times but you know, there is no comfort in a growing zone and no growing in a comfort zone.(cita from Tina Wilcox:)) A lot of the meeting was on time management. The mission is growing a ton.. and the mission needs better users of time. Before the missions capacity was around 160.. before I leave, it will be at 250. All due to the age change! (btw, so awesome that Mindy is going on a mission! the coolest women I know are leaving... and that makes them more cool:)) We also talked about the new style of district meetings that we are doing. It is patterned after the YM and YW program.. so it should be good!

We found a new kid of about 17 years old that is like super smart. He knows so many facts about history, science, the whole enchilada. His name is Daniel. He works with a member that has some buses. But hopefully we see some progress there! He is one of those guys that has just a huge desire to learn.
This week Fransisco had his first day without smoking! We did some service with him this week and he let me right down some recipes for some good delicious stuff! One of the things he taught us how to do was to make an avocado cream... it is insanely good. He is really funny. This week we walked around the corner and we saw him smoking. He saw us, looked at his cigarette, and threw it... it was super funny! jaja... He has gone from three packs a day to about 2 or 3 cigarettes...and, smoking wasn't his only problem... also coke... he said he had the desire to buy some this week, but he started making food that he really likes and ate it instead! withstanding temptation. :)

I sent a hand written letter today with some stuff and "pros and cons charts" I want you to consider for me... just plans and stuff. Lemme know what you guys think! Thinking in what would be best for me and my future:)  The Lord rewards preparation. If you fail to plan you plan to fail. Thanks!

Mum, thanks for everything!l You are really awesome. Thanks for always supporting me and writing me and making sure I am all good! I love you!
Dad, thanks for figuring out all that school stuff for me. yYu are pretty awesome as well.. time management is hard at times... but I think a lot of it is discipline. You got to discipline yourself and just go to the temple! Unfortunately its a lot easier said than done..love ya dad!
Austin, where those lyrics from Mike Snow? the song animal? I don't think we even had Mike snow on our computer before I left! but yeah, get some cool music! Beirut and Mike snow and arcade fire and grizzly bears and broken bells and whatever you can find! dude, you are freaking huge! Austin Thorlander. A model, idiot... jajaja! anyway, I love ya bro! Keep up the good work! And thank you for being friends to everyone. Those moments are always special.
Ellie, it sounds like you are having fun at school and stuff! I hope all is going well with cheer and stuff.. its hard at times. But I am sure you are learning a lot:) love ya!
Brynn, I hope everything is going well with you! I hope you are perusing your passions still! I love ya!

I love you all! thanks for everything!
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment