Monday, February 18, 2013

Barberena- Week 77

Hellos!
Sounds like this week went well. This week went by super fast. And on Wednesday we have changes... I would like to say that I doubt I have changes, but considering what has happened these last few changes, who knows!? It went well... it was filled with plans and goals for the rest of my mission and for after.. so in other words, I have been thinking a little bit more about home this week, which is less than fortunate.. but you know, whatever.

First off, I started exercising again! for one, I need to get back in shape to go home... in other words, boat shape, as grandpa would say as he is eating ice cream... jajaja...but I actually started to feel a bit better... my body still screams at me, but I feel better about things... so that's good! jaja
And on Wednesday, we had interviews with Pres. swips my nic grips snip swips. It went really well and I learned a lot. The subject was goals... he had us set goals for baptisms for this year... Considering I only have 4 months left, he had me make a goal from now until May. I had a goal that I thought was high.. It was 3 baptisms a month... but then he made me realize that I had a consistent goal, but not a growing goal. He wanted me to improve every month. so I changed my goal. jaja... Then he told me that he had only had like two years where he did not make more that year than he did the year before.. crazy right? So he taught me to try and plan and make goals for years and months to come. He also taught me about faith. He said that faith comes by doing great things. And we will be given faith from God. He gives great faith as a gift. So that was good.. jaja!

Then I had my interview with hermana Glazier. She asked me about what it means to be a preach my gospel missionary... then she said that she had heard from many people that I had a gift for teaching... and that i had patience... then I was like.....ME  what?! are you sure? I think that all of us think that we don't have patience.. but you know.. whatever... she was also impressed with my study technique in Preach my Gospel... she really knows how to make you feel good... jaja...

Investigator update: our new cook and his family have a lot of problems with the word of wisdom and chastity (the are not married). But yesterday we had a powerful lesson about those things and we are going to go over today to help them make some goals. They are progressing con todo.  The father has even said that he has smoked less since we have started teaching him.. so that was awesome... they are super awesome.. yesterday they brought up the subject of baptism and asked how soon they could be baptized... very cool
R, our neighbor, had not been meeting with us for about two weeks for his wife.. But this week, he talked with us and said that he was ready to start up the charlas again. So we are super happy for him.. he is reading the BoM with todo.
We have a baptism this weekend. V. She is married to a member and has come to church for a year.. just hasn't gotten baptized because of family problems.. but now she is ready! whoop whoop! good things are happening.

I got a bunch of letters from a handful of people this week. Mostly Christmas letters... I also got ours! cool fotos:) I also got a letter from Cristina Wilcox.... she is doing awesome. she went to BYU and the most exciting news is that Coldplay came out with a live CD and that Mark Mabry has started a restoration project. Should be super sick... I also got one from the Allen's with some letters from Scott. He said something that I had always felt but could never put into words. I have worried that I haven't changed much on the mission... but basically... I am the same old Tanner, just with a way deeper love of the gospel. :) same with Scott:)

Dad, sounds like things are going awesome! that's great testimony that when you do the right things, good things start happening! Sounds like this year will be awesome:) I love you dad and thank you for your testimony.
Mum, sounds like things are doing great at home!  Cant wait to be get some tia rosas for lunch like we used to do.. jaja... I don't have 80 ties quite yet.. but I have a few.. Elder Coy went home with 120. crazy... no chemistry with him and that girl before the mission. We didn't even know her! Sounds like the new teaching method is really cool... I would like to try it sometime.. jaja.. love you mum, you are the best.
Austin, you are a stud... I am sure throwing will go great. love ya,
Ellie, are you going to try track this year? It would probably be super fun:) And it sounds like you know fashion... you will have to help me dress and by clothes when I come back.. urdie? (urdy sp?) jaja love ya!
Brynn, it sounds like the birthday and Christmas extravaganza went awesome! I am sure that you have turned into quite the artist.. Is that still what you want to do when you grow up? You should totally take some art classes when you can:) love ya! cant wait to see you!
I love you all and thanks for everything!!!!
SALU
Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment