Friday, December 21, 2012

Barberena -Week 73



Hello!
2 craziest news of the week: the massacre in Connecticut. And Val is not only married, but living in our ward! crazy!

So last Monday, I got probably the best gift that I have gotten in my whole life. Hermana Elizabeth wrote me. In the card, she included a picture of us at the temple, a card made for me, her first two talks that she has given in sacrament meeting, her conversion story, list of special dates including: baptism, confirmation, patriarchal blessing, her callings, and the date she took out her endowments. The letter and conversion story brought tears to my eyes. I was so blessed to be able to even know her, let alone teach her and baptize her. Best Christmas gift ever.

So there is a whole bunch of new rules on skype. But I will either call or skype on Christmas day between 3 and 4 pm my time. I hope we can skype!

This week I woke up in the middle of the night to a cockroach on my face. Ask me about it on Christmas. So I put up a mosquito net on my bed.. hence the photos... I think I washed my face about a million and a half times. jaja.

We were teaching our neighbor this week and we challenged him for baptism. He accepted and is preparing a progressing. We talked to him the next morning and he told us that he had been talking with his wife last night and now she wants to listen to us,to the missionaries! She didn't want anything to do with us before, but we have our first cita with them as a family tonight. I am very excited. He actually reads the assignments we give him and tries to apply it to his life and he is really progressing spiritually. I love his attitude.

This week we went to the presidents house for a Christmas party. That was awesome. I forwarded fotos. There is a lot of Glazier traditions that I want to adopt in my family
 

Its going a lot better with my comp. I am starting to have fun with him:)

There is a family in our ward that are so awesome. We ate dinner with them like 4 times this week. They treat us like their family. They don't have any kids yet. They are a newlywed couple and both are returned missionaries. They told us basically. "look if you are hungry or need to use the bathroom during the day, we hide the key here and you can get in to the house and take whatever you want to eat." It is super fun being with them... if all goes well, I will talk to you from their house:) I will definitely be like that with the missionaries when I am big.

"The best teachers are not made by what they say... but that they live what they teach" quote of the day:)

Mum, thanks for the nice letter and the gifts that I am starting to open. You are pretty awesome. I love you and I will talk to you on Tuesday!
Dad, your missionary opportunity was awesome! Write your testimony in the Book of Mormon and a passalong card for mormon.org. Saw your pineapple! I read this scripture this morning and it would probably help: Romans 5:3 to 5. its a good one! Thanks for being a great dad. I love you.
Austin, I loved you're experience and the willingness that you had to fulfill your promise that you made to the Lord. You are pretty awesome. Everyone said that you did awesome in your talk! And tell Val hi as well:)
Ellie, you have homework this week. read Luke 2 and focus on what is important this time of year. Its easy to get distracted with the things of this world. But do it to it!
Brynn, I was really surprised that you would pick a country like El Salvador for a country report! That's super cool and I will try to answer all the questions I can:)
I love you all and I cant wait to talk to you on Tuesday,. Remember that I wont be writing on Monday but on Wednesday.
SALU!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment