Saturday, December 8, 2012

Santa Tecla- Weel 71

Hellos! So big news..... again... I have changes.... again. Can you believe it? Two times in a row.... but, I am a lot less bummed about being changed this time than last time... but still... it kinda sucks.. We had the familia Interiano ready for baptism this week. So that has happened two times in my mission... getting changed the week of the baptism..but whateves...

So early this week, a member from the volcano took us around the volcano in his car for 3 hours. He was showing us where everyone lives and how many people actually live up there. There are 10,000 people that live up there. And they are so much more humble and loving than the people in Santa Tecla. I was really excited to be able to work up there.. but.. now I have changes... jajaja..

got my Christmas packages!!!

I went to the foot doctor again to see how my toenail has been doing... She said it is looking good minus the fungus.. jaja... But she said it would probably be a good idea to go to her to check it out about once a month. And she said she would give me some stuff to get the fungus away when the nail starts getting better:)

This week I saw a little bit of The Who playing... and also, Paul from the Beatles.. it was super sick and it makes me want to play in a band..jaja.

If the whole paramedic thing doesn't work out, maybe I could just be an EMT and work in an ambulance.???

this week I had divisions with Elder De leon.. from Guatemala. That was super fun. We played this game called pictureka that night..jajaj! 

Today we had the spectacular Moroni´s de Oro meeting... I took about a twenty minute video of it all.. I will have to explain to you what it is sometime:) I won the best guara espalda.

There have been some weird days up on the volcano..jaja... people are sometimes super funny..jaja!

We were thinking about starting a Teancumite newsletter.. but we will see where that idea goes..jaja!

We got to watch the Christmas devotional last night from the first presidency. That was super spiritual and super awesome:) I was only able to see it in Spanish, but you know, whatever... I love hearing the voice of the prophets:)

This week we were looking for this guy that we have been teaching that lives near the cemetery..some guys told us that he was in the cemetery so we went for a look.. as we were searching, a guy comes up and starts talking to us in English. And he starts telling us about a bunch of stories of the people buried there.. Latin cemeteries are a lot different than American ones by the way..jaja!

Last story of the week: we had a lesson in the house of a member with the familia Interiano. We asked them first, what they would say to Christ if he were in the room with us. Then they started with the answers, then I asked them how they might feel. and more answers... then we asked them to close their eyes as we read 3 nephi 11 8-14 very slowly with a lot of feeling... Then I told them how I might feel in his presence. Knowing how unworthy I am of his presence and the many sins that I have, I would probably ask for forgiveness.. then we went to chapter 27:20-21 And talked about what he wants us to do.. He wants us to repent and use his marvelous gift of the atonement... when I looked into their eyes, I saw tears in 3 sets of them.. it was super powerful and I am super grateful for the gift of the atonement.

I love you all! thank you so much for everything!
TTT


austin, happy birthday! i cant beleive your 18! that is so awesome. thinking of myself at that age makes me realize how really awesome you are. When nephi and lehi (brothers) are preaching in the book of helaman, it says that lehi was not behind lehi one bit concerning righteousness... i try to be like lehi trying to be like nephi, in other words, you. thank you for being such a great example to me. love ya bro and happy birthday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment