Saturday, December 8, 2012

Santa Tecla-Week 70





HELLO!
Thanks for all your letters and stuff... you guys are pretty cool:)

So this week I had divisions with Elder Scurr, so that was pretty cool and pretty interesting. He came to do some interviews for some people that we were supposed to baptize this month.. The mother and the daughter passed. But the father has Parkinson's and is not really ready... so we are going to try to wait for him to be ready.... we will see what happens there.. super cool family.. There is a new rule that if we don't baptize once a month, we have to write Elder Martino and tell him why... so I will probably have to write him for November. But its cool, cuz we are buds. jaja...

We had a few opportunities for service. My grandma salvadoreña wanted us to sand and paint this Disney ponochio thing.... I basically did it because I had a little bit of knowledge in painting from art class in high school... there was a lot of detail and I would not have known how to do it... I just think that it is really cool that sometimes stuff from high school or college helps me out in the mission.  
I get stressed when we don't really have investigators.... gotta do something about that!

Presidency of the area wants all the members to read the Book of Mormon before April... I guess their personal conversion is something that is pretty important right now.. We are having a special broadcast next Sunday from the presidency of the area to all the stakes in Central America... should be interesting.
 

So I got to 18 months yesterday, I got a new and last toothbrush of the mish.. I am starting to get a little scared about the real world.. and me looking back on these past 18 months thinking, (have I done everything I thought I would do? Have I become the person I wanted to become?.... deep questions like that.. That scare you! yikes!

We started a secret combination of righteousness in the mission.. Members: me, Elder Graves, Elder Mehr, and Elder King. We are called: the band of Teancum.. its like an underground missionary group and we like brainstorm ideas and stuff... we have been talking a lot about jam on. We also talked with a psychologist from my ward about it... The trick is to try and teach something that is going to help people receive the gospel in a way that is meaningful to them. So we have been talking about the culture of the country and its actually pretty sad.. something that you guys probably don't know is that this country is filled with sin and wickedness. Everyone says they believe in God, but don't pray, read, and at times, don't go to church. This country is filled with deceit. Satan has such a huge hold on the hearts of the people here, to the point that they think that they have enough and don't need anymore.. The people that do go to church think that they just have to accept Christ and that's all they have to do.. so they sin and do whatever they want. Satan uses peculiar ways to keep people away from the truth. 2 Nephi 28:8-9 is so true in this country. Like you wouldn't believe. Sometimes I feel like Alma and the sons of Mosiah when they said they wished that they were angels so that they could speak with the voice of a trump declaring this gospel.. wickedness is so strong here... this country doesn't prosper because it doesn't follow any commandments. No one wants to invest in this country in any business because of the distrust. No one trusts in anyone. Its super sad. People say that their families are important but they have no family bonds or ties. Family dinner is nonexistent. I have only met one or two families that are even close to the way that we are as a family. Where my best friends are Dad and Austin, how I consider them my best friends and we do everything together. So we are trying to figure some stuff out there... we`ll see.

Mum, thanks for everything... green eyes is a super awesome song... picture of my agenda was for today. Because I am vivienda la vida today:) thanks for everything! I love you! (I think I am going to start figuring out some school stuff today, FYI)
Dad, thanks for your letter, I hope everything goes well with the business. Get back on the bike! or your December race will be hard! love ya pops! Nice girl dog you guys are getting!
Austin, I hope everything is going great! Sounds like life is awesome! have fun in Mexico buey! (don't say that or you will be in trouble down there in Mexico)Jajaja... WHOOP!
Ellie, just keep shuffling! don't worry about getting hit in the face a lot jaja.!
Brynn, stay happy! love ya!
gracias por todo!!!!
SALU
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment