Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Versalles- Week 48




Whats up family!
So this week has been long and short at the same time. First of all, on these computers, I cant send pictures... sorry! i'll try my best to find a way to send pictures... but the number one news of the week is that Stanly got baptized on Tuesday night! The night before I left! I was able to baptize him. I felt honored that he wanted me to do it..talk about a baptism at the last minute right? but I gave a little talk as well.. it was hard... like a lot of my ward was there.. and it was kinda like a goodbye talk.... I was kinda teary eyed and Stanly and Ruth were both crying... Valle nuevo/Ilopango was definitely my best area... out of two... jajajaja! It was really hard to leave. Like everyone tells you that the mission is hard... and its true.. but no one tells you about the hard stuff like leaving an area... watching missionaries go home(elder coy finished on wed)... dropping investigators when they don't progress... leaving investigators because you had changes.... (how I felt with the familia quintanilla) its tough!... but at the same time, the mission is easy... in a different way..

Elder Rivas was a great companion... I taught with him better than any other companion I have had... he is really intelligent and we taught well together...
Now I am in Nuevo Lourdes(area, ward) Versalles (zone) its a lot closer to the ocean... so that means heat....its more out in the country.. but we are in a developed area... that's the first thing I noticed driving here... you could feel the difference in temperature...but I kinda feel like I wont be here so long??? don't know why... but we'll find out. My comp is Elder Garcia from Mexico city... he's alright.... he has the same amount of time in the mission as me... he is very quiet and timid...but at the same time doesn't let me speak a lot in lessons... but we will work it out...
So I have had a fever for the past couple days... and the only prescription is more cowbell!.. theres lots of cows here... but  no bells... jaja..
Elder Mehr is here in versalles! so that's good news... he is the DL in the other district:)
Thinking about this time last year, I was in the MTC... thinking that time went so darn slow... its weird.. I read in my journal and know exactly what went on those days so long ago... then I think back exactly two years ago... I was at Lake Powell with the Cowley's. That was the summer that I spent like 3 and a half weeks at Lake Powell.. best summer of my life(besides mission) because its the best place on earth!
Church yesterday was interesting... because it was like in a house... our building is getting remodeled... making it bigger... don't know why because hardly anyone goes... in my other area, attendance was like 180.. yesterday it was 87.... just a huge difference from what I was used to... but I'll adapt. I feel like I am basically re opening an area, because we don't really have any investigators... but you know, whatever... I just gotta figure out what I am suppose to learn here and do what I am suppose to do..
So this Internet cafe has a big TV in the back connected to a computer with a whole bunch of music videos on it... right now, areosmith has been playing for about 15 min.... but there are like four coldplay music videos... I think I almost cried at the crescendo of Fix You... then he runs into the stadium. I got the chills.. That was the coolest concert. I think I felt the spirit when they played fix you... jaja... best night of my life. So mum and dad, ENJOY IT sodding tossers! yes get me a sick shirt por favor! you lucky ducks... then I heard speed of sound... I remember the first time I heard that song... I was with Hunter going to school in junior high and they had played it on Saturday night live... then that summer we worked at T'd off... jajajaja...
So I've  got a good question for all of you.... I want stories of blessings that you have received from keeping the commandments... more specifically, the word of  wisdom, the law of chastity, tithing and sabbath day. please and thank you!
So sick about lance going Pro.... I want to be him.... how old is he? can I go pro? Oh the unknown...I want to go prooooo! (nacho libre)
 I love you all! thanks for all your letters and support and prayers!
Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment