Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ilopango Week 47





HOLA!!!!
So this week was so insane! One of the best weeks of my mission! It flew by so freaking fast! I am seriously amazed I made it through this week because it was so busy! So freaking awesome! We did have 2 baptisms, a wedding, and a meeting with a 70 with the 2 missions! and much much more! crazy...but I guess I will start with my list of.... things:
SO I've been studying the bible lately.... I have had a bit of an experience with it... I read, but when I find something that confuses me ...I study it out for a little bit... try and figure out what it means... then I realize, oh wait, there's a JST.. duh.. Its happened many times... its cool that the spirit in your study plays a huge role. That the spirit guides me in my study so I don't mess up.. its cool! then I read the Book of Mormon and realize how much peace is found in the words... anyway, cool beans!
So my zone kinda gets mad at me because everyone is gaining a bunch of weight.. but i'm still mas o menos about the same.. cool right?
I am changing this Wednesday! cool cool cool!  I love 100 percent of my zone.. but I am ready to leave... I feel like I have done all I can for this area... but yep! I'll  let you know where I am at next week! But yesterday I kinda told everyone goodbye yesterday.
So I took about 13 ties to get em skinnied up. So now 50 percent of my ties are skinnies... 30 skinnies... 30 normales... nice:) all different widths of skinnies:)
So, last Monday was p day... then we had a full day of work(Tuesday) but we were put in charge of passing out invitations for the wedding...Wednesday, we were flipping because Stanly still didn't have his papers to get married...so early early we went into the city to go get them with him... got them... gave them to the lawyer. went back to eat lunch.. then had to go back into the city for a meeting with Elder Maynes(70) & with the other mission.. it was awesome... I'll tell you about it.. Thursday we had divisions which makes everything go by faster.. Friday,was normal... Saturday we had the baptisms and the wedding! crazy! then Sunday the sabbath.)

Basically this whole week was waking up earlier to get everything done for everyone.. running around the city and running from area to area to get interviews done and stuff.. but it went so fast! on Wednesday I saw a bunch of people from my old ward, that was really cool to see... everyone was like PANCHO! jaja
The meeting with Elder Maynes:it was about taking the principles that we have memorized and turning them into actions...then the actions turn to testimony... then after all those things, the spirit comes... there was a bunch of stuff, but it was awesome:)
Another highlight of  the week, best letter of the mission so far.. is it weird that I classify letters? but it just made me laugh so sodding hard! It was from ash:)I feel like she makes me want to be a better person... but you know.. whatever) then I got another from Mons and mad me laugh even more:) then from Katie! She told me that she was getting married and was sending me an announcement:) so legit:)
So the wedding with Stanly and Ruth was really stressful, but it turned out really well... I hope my wife is chill about our wedding because Ruth was really stressed this week... jajaja! but if all goes well, Stanly will be baptized tomorrow before I leave, if he passes the interview tonight:) but lets hope and pray! They were very happy with all that:)
Gladis and Noe got baptized on Saturday and her mom is now active. I was very happy with that:) Its crazy the changes that I have seen in all of them... especially the mom, when we started teaching, I thought that she wasn't a member... because she had a lot of doubts, but now she is active and actually takes notes in sacrament meeting:)cool cool beans:)I believe it was only because we started to use members to help us out..please help the missionaries!

I almost cried this morning when I heard the news about Roxy.... actually I did cry a little bit... that's too bad... but if she was suffering, I suppose its best. Its just crazy that she has been alive since I was like 5.... crazy.... I want a puppy lab for my birthday next year. quizas..
Mom, thanks for your letter! I love you! don't worry about changes like you always do, I am in good hands! I love you! favor, when you decide its time to send a package, can you let me know before? so I can let you know if I need something:) Thank you! I still haven't received my year package... but you know, whatever, it should be coming soon:) I love you!
Dad, I hope fathers day went well yesterday! that's so crazy that in like a month you'll be.... 49???? crazy!!!! ride a couple miles for me! I love ya!
AUSTIN, you are such a stud 210 lbs! I am at about 170-175, I think, I haven't weighed myself in a while.... but sick bro! just don't do anything stupid that will mess you up for life! just kidding bro! enjoy the summer and most importantly, your life! its not worth being bummed, just enjoy! love ya!
EL. sounds like you are really growing up! every now and then you send a letter that surprises me! jaja... crazy! remember... don't do stupid stuff! jaja love ya!
Brynn, it sounds like your summer is going great! keep having fun! don't grow any more... you are hereby prohibited. love ya!
I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!
SALU!



ELDER THORNTON

No comments:

Post a Comment