Friday, June 15, 2012

Ilopango-Week 46


QUE ONDAS BICHOS? (I guess that translates to Whats Up Guys?- not like what it sounds like haha :) I asked him on Mother's Day, because we wern't sure -Marni
So they are giving Toms to everyone in the schools down here... I think Toms are cool... but are way overrated...
I've got a quote for some people that tell us....., "God knows my heart and that I want to obey... that I want to give up coffee.."Etc. Etc.... here it is.... "Hell is paved with good intentions" pretty good quote...jaja
Yesterday´s church was pretty interesting... it was a classic priesthood meeting... like where no one brings manuals and the teachers not prepared and more than half are asleep...jajaja.... in our investigators class for Sunday school there was a discussion that went down on the fall between a recent convert and T.. that was interesting. The sacrament meeting was a ward conference but it started 45 min late because the stake president showed up late.... I will bet some big money that that would never happen in the states...jajaja...but during the ward conference, the youth sang like twice.. and everyone here is tone deaf... like really tone deaf... mum, you always say that you are tone deaf but you have no idea what really tone deaf is... but..... BUT..... I was still filled with the spirit! The choir sounded bad , but they weren´t singing for anyone in the congregation, they were singing for God... very cool experience.
President Glazier came to my district meeting... I was shaking in my socks.... then he blew them off... machete machete.. sopresa sopresa...

So the family Deras... that family with the picture that has the cake.. the little girl was born with half a heart and all the doctors said she wouldn´t live after 1 year... she just turned ten years old!!!! (priesthood blessing)... it was the family of Niel Thornton´s comp... we made her a pillow.. and though she cant talk, her face lit up like nothing before... I was also filled with the spirit on that special occasion
This week I also went with Elder Winter. I have never had more fun working than I have with Elder Winter... also, I have never worked better with any other missionary than I have with him... we found a family that is pure gold and they come to chruch and are super pilas... I pray that one day we can be comps...:) I feel that we can talk about stuff at home in a very mature way and not get baggy ..... at the same time, we really can work hard when the time comes... I may or may not have figured out my teaching style when I get back:)
Stanly and Ruth are getting marred this weekend! whoo hoo!
Gladis and Noe are getting baptized this weekend! whoo hoo! Changes are next week... I´ll probably get changed... but who knows... at least I will get to baptize twice in this area before I leave...

So follow up on the story of the boy that hugs:la familia Quintanilla. We visited them last Monday. she started telling us about all the changes that she has seen in the family since we have visited... she said that she had never seen her husband pray before in her life and saw him do it on Monday... so when we asked when we could come back, she was like, TOMORROW! I was like,, WHOO HOO! Tuesday, we took Tito and Astrid and the wife starting crying... then I told her about how I felt with her son hugging me and she cried a bit more and the husband is loving every minute of it as well... The president macheted me because they didn´t have a fecha yet... so we are going to put a fecha down today... hopefully:) I also gave the bears that Brynn made to their little girl:) I felt that we had the best lesson of my mission this week with them.)
Hey so I don't have much time, but I love you all! Sounds like this week flew by! Austin and dad had fun! The girls also!
Dad, Happy Father´s day this week! I couldn´t have asked for a better Dad. I have learned so much here in the mission, but I think it all has been basically a review of what you and mum have taught me. I will be forever grateful for all the fun and memories that we have had together and it will only get better! The mission is really short. This time last year I was in the MTC thinking that the time goes so slow... now, I almost have 13 months! next week. We had a ton a fun before the mission and its only going to get more fun! There will be plenty more to do when I get back, but I just want you to know that I love you and really appreciate all the little things that you have done for me. And for always looking out for me and making sure that I´m OK:) Thanks for everything pops!
I love you all! SALU!
ELDER T

No comments:

Post a Comment