Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Versalles- Week 51





Tired out, not a miracle in days.
deciders for the lonely
whispering tears.
You try out for nothing then you drop dead.
not a miracle in years
leisure for the lonely
whispering unnecessary unless you´re in
(Phoenix, girlfriend... I think that's how the lyrics go)
That's what I felt this week... it was rough...but whatever... life goes on splendidly!
This week went all right. I felt like we planned super well and everything seemed to fall through. I had some sad experiences this week that got me down a little bit, but I hope I have learned what Heavenly Father wanted me to learn this week. For one, two people we are teaching were very positive at first. They always said that when they got an answer, they would get baptized. Every time we have tried to put a fecha, they flip out(for lack of a better term). So on Saturday, we tried to help them out and ask some questions to try to get to the bottom of it all. Basically, they bore their testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, they know its all true, they dropped coffee from the first time they were taught the word of wisdom, but, by the end of the lesson, they said, "I am not going to get baptized, so you can stop bugging me about it" I have never felt so defeated in my mission. I have never had that kind of experience with someone who has a testimony, and flat out denies baptism. Do you have any ideas on how to help them?
I am blown away time and time again about how the spirit works. I woke up one morning this week a little dis animated from the way this week had been going. Started the day and it didn't start out any different than any other day this week. Citas fall through and backup plans. When that started that day, I felt impressed to go look through the edges of our area and we found some dirt roads/trails that led to some champas(or houses made out of that sheet metal stuff, very poor, dirt floors, etc.) So we traversed through the jungle for about twenty minutes.. then My companion recognized it a little bit and said that he knew that their was member that lived in that neighborhood of champas but from what he understood was pretty sick. We found the house and the wife came out to greet us with the biggest smile. She probably was about 70 years old. She said that she was so glad that we had come so that we could give a blessing to her husband. She invited us in the house and to where the husband was lying. I really have never seen anyone on their deathbed, per se, but this brother was. he could not move or talk, and didn't even noticed when we walked in. His eyes were looking towards the ceiling and his mouth wide open. We got his attention and told him that we were going to give him a blessing. We gave him a blessing. Then the wife wanted to sit him up if it were for just a moment. We helped this brother sit up and the wife gave him a small hug and kiss and some comforting words of affection. I could feel the love that that sister had for her husband like nothing I had ever seen, but it reminded me a lot of the way that my mum and dad treat each other. It was very special. Later it was time to leave and the sister was just so grateful. As we walked back, I thought of the things that had happened and how I had woke up dis animated and how this sister had everything to be upset about and she was just so happy. It really put things into perspective. This morning we got a call from the bishopric and said that he had passed away early this morning. With these experiences and more details not mentioned, I felt like Mary did in Luke 2 when she said, "y guardaba todas estas cosas en su corazón"  Its funny how my thoughts about living here have changed from when I got here to now... I feel like I could live anywhere now... even in a hut in the middle of the jungle.. forever... jaja... something I do miss:carpet. jaja.. But other side note, I seriously absolutely love the people here... I always have... just the thought was reiterated this week:)
I need to write more in my journal...I haven't been writing in it... I write in my study journal everyday... but not my journal journal... I guess I can just use all the letters I have sent home... it has the most important stuff right?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CODY! AND 1YEAR!
The song two weeks by grizzly bear has been in my head this week... good song.. something that bugs you after being in the mission so long is you can't remember songs anymore... jajaja.
Don't you hate it when you go to the house of an investigator to find a Jehova´s witness at the door? jaja... speaking of that religion... this week we were knocking doors in the rain and one of them let us in their house,,, that was odd... never have I been allowed by a jehova´s witness to enter their house.. jaja.. not so positive... ja!
Had interviews with the pres this week. That was cool... always learn a ton with him... I think that he´ll probably be a general authority before his last days... jaja... but he helped me make plans so that I can constantly keep working at becoming a better teacher. PMG says that the best teachers are always searching for ways to increase their knowledge and abilities... so every week... I gotta work a little bit on just one thing... and just keep doing that forever:) cool beans!
Mum, thanks for everything! I would consider leaving the coldplay shirt there with you guys, but the harmonica you can send:) we have a multizone tomorrow so its possible that I could get a package  tomorrow:) I love you and thanks for everything! ps... yeah weird that no one is going to Utah... but say hi to grandma when you go!
Dad, thanks for everything! its crazy how fast time goes right? Next month, I will have only single digits left... 9! that's crazy and very scary at the same time.. but yeah, like I told you guys a few weeks ago, there´s so much stuff that's hard about the mission that you just don't think about.. one of those things is leaving areas... its like leaving for another mission. sucks... anyway! thanks for everything pops! you are an animal! "yeah i did a century on Saturday,,, no big deal..." jaja! you dog... I love ya pops!
Austin, don't do anything stupid with that shoulder of yours!  d&c 4............ and ¿¿¿¿¿alma 10:1?????  love ya bro
Ellie, I hope all goes well with camp and stuff! UP is also one of my favorites:) love ya!
Brynn! have you heard that vampire weekend song?Called "Bryn" its a good one!  Hope all goes well with so little summer you have left! love ya!
Thanks for everything family! have a good week!
Elder T. Tod Thornton (jajaja)
Btw, a bat flew into our house this week... it landed on my desk one night when the door was open.. I was reading a conference talk... I kinda flipped... jaja!


No comments:

Post a Comment