Sunday, July 29, 2012

Versalles- Week 52





HELLO FAMILY,
This week went all right. We were able to find a brother this week that really knows a lot about the bible. Which was strange, because usually when we find people, they usually don't know much about the bible. But this brother knew more than us. We started lesson one and we were talking about prophets and he said, OK but I want to know what your plan of salvation is. Or I want to know how you can be saved. Because from what I understand, You need to have faith in Jesus Christ, but that's not all, you must repent of your sins, be baptized, receive the gift of the holy ghost and endure to the end. So basically this hermano knew everything about lesson 3, the gospel of Jesus Christ. We finished lesson one and he told  us that he would read the Book of Mormon, and I actually believe him. Sometimes people tell you they will and they don't... Ha. He has some issues with the way we are baptized, but we told him that if the Book of Mormon is true, then it is taught correctly in the Book of Mormon. I hope we can help him get baptized! I didn't bring my bible to that lesson.. maybe I should have... jajajaja! because I have just been proselyting with a Book of Mormon in hand and some pamphlets.. jaja!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAD AND SCOTT!!!!!!!
I got a package! It was one with three ties(that were sick), face stuff, etc.. was that the year box? or the other? who knows... jaja... Burt's bees was quite a novelty:) as well as the stingers:) I probably have enough deodorant to last until the millennium... solo para q sepas..  Everyone  has been converting to the BEN SHERMAN ties that you sometimes send me:) those sick ones from nordstroms rack... Elder Mehr got some as well as Elder Cook(another AZ guy going home in August) all because you send me those:) jajajaja... Those are probably the coolest. I probably will need razors, and more benzoyle peroxide soon.. thank you!
So our zone...we need to become better teachers. so.. in district meetings, that's what we do... teach... I mean, I'm not a great teacher.. but the ones that can really teach understandably is the Elders in the pic I sent... elder mehr, cook and orcutt... the two dl´s and zl´s... anyway... hope we can improve!
So that place where we buy smoothies every night, Try to talk to this lady about the gospel... she basically told us that she was going to convert us to her church(jokingly)... She wanted me to teach her English and I told her that when she invites us to her house(to "teach"...gospel), we would teach English.. then she was like, only if you were a member of my church! you would be a huge impact for my Church! because you work with strategies! jajaja... I am grateful to belong to a church that doesn´t depend on someone like me to be successful... anyway... funny story.
I read the gospels this week... chronologically... not by book... that was really cool.. especially after reading Jesus the Christ:)
I am in the bible... check it out:acts 9:43, 10:6, 10:32.....Simon Tanner
I sent a pic of one day of my planner... it was Saturday... as you can see.. we had many appointments all with a back up plan.. unfortunately, EVERY SINGLE THING FELL THROUGH! so much for planning...right?

I have been baggy for wakeboarding... whatever...
We have found 40 new investigators in the last 3 weeks... guess how many have come to chruch? a big fat 0. finding people is easy... finding people that come to church is another onda
We were talking about converts with a ton of faith in Sunday school with a return missionary... my mind went straight to hermana Elizabeth... that was the most powerful baptism... she is second counselor in the relief society. She should be getting ready to go through the temple soon... that woman had so much faith... so crazy
U2 just came on in the Internet cafe... good memories:) " I still haven't found what I'm looking for"
Multi zona was sick.. about the bungee... I´ll tell you all about it in person.. jajajajaja
Things with my comp are going all right... Its amazing, on your mission how much you learn about what you don't want in a spouse.
Fun fact about El Salvador: you pick up these smells that are just putrid... everyone uses public transportation...funny thing about everyone is that No one uses deodorant...
Thanks for everything! I really love you all! Happy B- day dad.. thanks for everything! Austin, don't fret too much about football.. you are the boss of your body... don't do anything that might make the rest of your life suck... jajaja.. love ya mum! thanks for everything! for the package y todo! have fun at camp.. let dad ride a little bit.. its his birthday week:)
SALU
Elder Thornton

No comments:

Post a Comment