Friday, August 10, 2012

Versallas- Week 53





HELLO!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!!!!!!
So, as for studies this week... so crazy.. Romans turned into my favorite book of the bible... Romans 8 is so sick... and deep... the best is like the last 5 verses...I also started studying the pre-mortal life this week... it is soooooo DEEP.. actually... there's no such thing as deep doctrine... just understanding the scriptures.. but I have really been learning a lot.. I have probably pondered about this subject more than any other subject I have studied.. its sick.
SO Elder Cook from AZ is going home on Thursday.. he is taking a few things home for me, including a sweatshirt, a few jerseys that I don't want to get ruined, and that Messi jersey for Austin.. I gave him our address and your phone numbers.. TAKE HIM OUT TO DINNER OR SOMETHING! he´s a way cool guy... I think Spinatos would be cool! he´s way funny as well... like Cole... haha...
Had divisions two days in a row this week... that was interesting.. but learned a lot.
The song "feel good inc." by the Gorillaz has been in my head this week... the first time I heard that song was in the hard rock cafe in New York... like when I was fourteen... jajajajajaajaja...........good song.
I read a little bit of the book "Our search for happiness" this week... that is a sick book.. you could give that to grandma joy or something for Christmas... its a book made for non members... the purpose of the book is understanding. Just read like the first 6 pages! Probably one of my favorite books of the mission..:)
I was bike baggy this week... picture tells you why... I met this cyclist this week and he was a really cool guy(cyclists are usually always cool guys) and said that he would bring me some cool stuff and I would just pay him... he works in a bike store and gave me his discount on the stuff.. so I said... what the heck...haha! Speaking of cycling, Evelyn Garcia is a female cyclist from here(El Salvador, in case you forgot) and apparently is soooooo good! jajaja... look her up! cant wait to be back on the bike...
Got a letter from the Allen family this week! sick whips! (Dave and Tami)
So a lady in our ward gave us dinner this week with her family.. and had on her feet: wait for it......................Vans. Haven't seen those in 14 months... haha.. she was wearing skinny jeans and vans... it was legit... she's got flo...usually people wear skinnies and crocs or something... jajaja!
We found this week an hermana that has some of the mannerisms and personality as mum! It was really weird! but she was a buena onda and said that the next time we come she would have lots of questions... :)
This week we had an experience with a new investigator. His wife died a few years ago. Our first lesson, we taught the first lesson. Our second lesson, he didn't have very much time, so we did a quick overview of the plan of salvation and promised to talk about it more when we come back. He said,"Now i am really interested to hear what you have to say. Because that is something that I have wondered about for a long time. I will read the pamphlet and I will have questions for when you come. That is what I wanted to hear." It was a very cool experience and I am excited to see his progression.
Also, another family  we found is so interested in what we have to say and looks forward to our visits. They have really got a firm grasp on the first lesson(only have taught them twice). They really understand, which many times doesn't happen here... But the only problem is that the husband is at his house every other weekend. I know that they will get baptized, it will just probably have to be September or October. But it doesn't hurt to plan for months ahead, right?
I do need a few things: 2 books. lectures on faith and article of faith. also, can you send me the requirements of my major that are in my blue college folder. Also the Spanish major and minor requirements for NAU and like what I can test out of:) Also, two moleskin notebooks with lines and it flips up... please and thank you! I have gone through like two pairs of pants but a bought a pair here like two weeks ago and I am going to buy another pair today.. I just used my personal card... :) other than that, I am good!
Dad, sounds like the week went well! I cant wait to be able to ride with you again! love you dad!
Mum, happy birthday this week! sounds like camp was successful and I hope all goes well this week! I love you! thanks for everything!
Austin, sorry about all that shiz(name from the Book of Mormon) that's been going on.. we actually walked into my cooks house and they were watching the blindside. I saw the part where he sees his brother for the first time and gives him a hug,(got a little teary-eyed) then I thought, dang, my bro is going to be playing football this year.. my bro is a stud!... that stinks about all that surgery stuff and that's way cool that you have had good spiritual experiences this week with receiving your answer. very cool. got a scripture for ya... Romans 5:3-4.. tribulation produces patience:) love ya brotha! just keep your head up "cuz I learn fast how to keep my head up but I know I got this side of my that wants to grab the yoke from the pilot and just fly the whole mess into the sea" the shins... love ya brotha!
Hey thanks for everything family! love ya!
Romans1:9,11,12
SALU
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment