Friday, August 10, 2012

Versallas- Week 54


Hellos!
Sounds like Utah was sick as ever, but now ending right? That sucks... jajajaja!
This week went well.. we had changes.. I am still in my area but......wait for it.......................I am training again.... I am very grateful for the chance to train again. Honestly, I didn´t want to do it. I just wanted a good trained missionary that was a good teacher, because I have never really had that since my trainer. Then I realized that I was being very selfish and prideful. I realized that I was only thinking about myself and I needed to be thinking about others.

So my comps name is Elder Ventura and he is from the DR.. He is 18 yrs old... he talks like a Spanish black guy.. jaja.. he is a cool guy and I am looking forward to working with him.. Elder Mehr got changed to be Zone leader... that stud... Elder Cook knows that you would be out of town until this week... He is from Gilbert and took home some stuff for me.. when you see him for the first time, just say "whip grips" he`ll know what it is:) So when we found out we were training, we had to go to the presidents house were I found out that Elder Winter is training also... so that was cool!... way fun to meet up with that guy again:)
This week went really well. My first day with Elder Ventura, we found an hermana that let us in and has been having some personal problems. We invited her to come to church and she accepted. So on Saturday, my companion was thinking about her and said that we should go by. We confirmed that we would come by to pick her up the next day and she came! I have found very few people that have come to church the first time you invite them. It was a small tender mercy.
Last night, I don't know why, but I felt dis animated. I didn´t want to do the contacts that we had left. But once we started, we had another little tender mercy. We received nine references in about 45 min. I was amazed at the people that were so willing to let us come back. We weren´t changing much. We always bear testimony, I think the Lord was helping us out last night to give us some animation for this week.
So I got to talk with Elder Rivas for a bit and Stanly and Ruth are preparing to go to the temple next year! super active:) and those two kids Noe and Gladis are giving references with their mum like crazy! I got an email from Tito this morning and says that everything is going great in Valle Nuevo!
Elder Brose is STILL in Zacamil! he hasn´t left since I was their with him... he will have been there for 11 months! so crazy! I guess he mas o menos started teaching hermana Elizabeth's brother who is just as awesome.... after they challenged him for baptism, I guess he was like "of course I will get baptized if I find out its true... that's why I am investigating the church! duh!" bien pilas:) Also talked to Elder Escalante... I grew to love that guy..... I have been blessed with comps.. I have come to love them all... this past change was hard... but whatever... :)
Last week we had a family night with a few of our most positive investigators... they are youth that are really good friends with a group of friends in our ward. And like half of them are returned missionaries and the other half is preparing to leave... so that family night was super powerful... So they call each other "language!" (but in a Spanish accent) and the girls "languagecitas" its kinda funny... they didn't really know what language was until I told them... but they thought it was cool! Now whenever they see me they yell LANGUAGE! ... and they call me elder language... jajajaja...
Yesterday I made preparations for the rip tear... that's what I named the whole tearing papers up in front of people lesson... getting ready to excited the ward with the BOMB... I will tell you all about it next week after it happens:)
People have just been coming to Church which puts some pressure on us! blessings.
DyC 138... crazy deep... how important temple work and more importantly family history work is... did you know that we will not be exalted unless we work with family history? that means we better get going on that!
so like all my pants have been coming apart at once.. so I am buying another pair today... otro $30... but this will be the last pair for a while:) so the pants here are a little bit different in style.. and I like them a lot more.. they are more skinny which I love... and they are a little more form fitting... which really makes my butt look bigger...not sure if thats a good thing?......
So at my cooks house, they have a computer so lots of members come over to use it.. some chicas we nonchalantly asking if I had facebook... weird because they never even tried to talk to me when I was first there.. which is more preferable.. but.. anyway.. its probably the pants and the butt issue... jajajaj! just kidding... but its cool though.. my ward is really cool! but whatever! jajaja
I love you all! thanks for everything! hope all goes well this week! say hi to grandma!
SALU!
TTT
bands from elder winter to austin.. they are all indy bands.. which are normally the best ones!
Broken Bells
Local Natives
Miike Snow
Beirut
Fanfarlo
Cloud Control
Fleet Foxes
Department of Eagles
toro 4 mo 1
Arcade Fire

coconut records (i have had a song by them stuck in my head this week... "West Coast":))
CHECK EM OUT! HE SAYS THEY ARE ALL WEIRD AND INDY! BEST GENRE OF MUSIC:) says that if you like the shins, vampire weekend and band of horses, and phoenix.. you`ll love these:) love ya bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment