Monday, August 27, 2012

Versallas- Week 55




HELLO!!!!
Sounds like this week went well for you guys! This week was exceptionally ordinary. My comp is doing good.. he is a lot like Escalante.. likes to talk a lot and can't sit down for too long.. jaja I think for almost all Latins, they can leave at 18 years old... but apparently he's turning 19 in Oct. but you know... whatever... Mum, about the moleskin notebooks, ask Elder Cook about them... I decided that I don't want those notebooks I bought at NAU. :) jaja... they are not very practical.
Yesterday, the BOMB took off with the rip tear (Lesson I had planned). I made some modifications to it and everyone was all set to start helping us all out. It was a little bit of a machete but whatever... .
On Tuesday, we had a leadership training thing.. it went well I really like those things.. plus I got to see Elder Mehr and Elder Winter:) The subject was about being an example to the other missionaries in our districts and zones. It was way sick... Elder Winter had a good quote... Attitude is a habit. its way true. Anyway it was way legit. 2 Nephi 2:6-8
So Umbrella by Rhianna came on in the cafe.. remember when I use to sing that at the piano? jajaja:)
So I have been getting to know and Elder Long in my zone.. he is from Florida and was in a band.. he is a way good guy and a hard worker... he is the other district leader.
So we had a sick FHE with a way powerful family in our ward.. The person they presented us to has cancer and has to do a lot of procedures things.. I hope she will be able to come to church. We had another FHE with the language(teenagers) and it was just as powerful as the first.. the person totally got the message and was like "so I need to read the scriptures and pray, go to church, and get baptized, right??" I was like.... I was like... affirmative. jaja
So we started teaching this hermano, and I think that he might be a pastor. He really likes to contend with and argue. We tell him that all he has to do is pray and read the Book of Mormon. He has been reading it a lot, but he has been reading it to find all the contradictions that it has with the bible... it doesn't have any... but according to him it does. What would you suggest that we do?  He is reading. He says he is praying about it. But he is reading to prove it is wrong, not to prove its right.
I find it so hard to find a positive family.. I make it a goal everyday to find a family, but it seems we only find positive widows and widowers. We started teaching 3 widows and 1 widower. What can I do to find a positive family? I don't usually talk with women unless I am knocking doors. I don't look to talk with women on the street, only men. What can be done?
The stake I am serving in right now sends the most missionaries out than any other stake in Central America, and we had two farewells from 2 language(teens) yesterday.. we had a lot of people at church and a lot of non-members, that means we wrote down a lot of references:)
It's been wet wet wet wet wet wet wet wetwetwetwetwetwetwetwetwetwetwetwetwetwewetwetwetwetwetwetwetwetwetwwetwetwetwet..............wet lately... whatever right?
So I don't know if you guys ever met Shannen Olsen, one of my friends from NAU that helped me a lot... anyway.. way cool girl... but we have an investigator that looks exactly like her! It is so weird... I think when people think about Central America, they think of dark skinned people... but they are many many many light skinned people... chellies they call them...jajaja... but anyway...
Anyway... I love you all! Thanks for all you letters and whatnot...have a good week!
Elder TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment