Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Versalles- Week 50




Oh Judas....
Sounds like the Lake Powell trip was fun but not one of the best! jajajajaj... problems that  the jerrys fixed and all that.... then Austin with his shoulder... that's cool! I´m sure it hurt a bit, but I feel like one dislocated bone is a million.. I´m sure it doesn´t take long to be able to do stuff, just it´ll be sore for about a week or two..but here´s the good news.... THAT WAS THE LAST LAKE POWELL TRIP I WILL EVER MISS IN MY LIFE! WHOOP! so that's good news....
So I haven't received any packages yet... I am pretty certain that the one year package must have gotten lost, but whatever... some gang guy probably liked what was inside... jajaja... but I do need more face stuff... and can you send me my other harmonica? the one in the black case... not the one that was from great grandpa... please and thank you! Those two pictures are Elder Mehr and I playing our harmonicas for money... jaja...JK! We´ll probably do some more of that today.. the picture from last week was in his apartment. He wasn´t the one I said reminded me of grandpa skelton, but I guess he could be... he´s super funny:) We do have water everyday here... but I still don't really like the area too much.. but you know... costumbre...
So two elders were teaching two people in our area... so we picked up two gifts that should get baptized in two weeks.. 2 bichas... one 20 years old... other 15... but you know... blessings!
Every night for dinner I buy a liquado(smoothie) from this girl... because the members don't give us dinner... and I see here everywhere... I saw here across town this morning... weird... culebra?
I did my first bus contact/presentation this week in this area.. Theres not many big buses to do that in this area, but it went well! The thing is that when you talk in front of like 50 people on a bus, people don't feel pressured to accept the invitation to come by, but when they do accept, its because they are really interested:) it felt really good to preach like that again:)
So the rain has really been coming down in the nights... and the thing is that umbrellas don't really help because there has been wind... so either way you get soaked... jaja., its still bloody hot... jaja
So we have been really been focusing on finding this week.. found 18 new investigators... with some positive families.. the thing is that the majority of the baptisms that I have are from members bringing people to church.. not from us finding people... so Elder Mehr and I are planning a new project: the bomb project. its a project to blow the wards up with excitement for missionary work.. cool beans right? Elder mehr and I are good from brainstorming receiving revelation for our districts:) hopefully we can be comps one day!
We found this one old guy of like 67 years old and he is sick... first we knocked on his door and he was like: I´m catholic... I was like, that's OK- we are just here to share a message and all that... then towards the end he was like: I´m not really catholic I just said that so you would leave.. but you can come back any day you want. So we went back.. we start talking to him and started a lesson.. then he starts going off on all these stories that he´s got. I love older people and their stories. So we listened to him for an hour... but then he was like, sorry,this was supposed to be your thing... but come back next week and I´ll listen to you from 5:30 to 7.. I was thinking... cool! Even though we are not supposed to teach very long... but you know, whatever. cool guy... maybe future bishop?
I am so hungry for study... I really could study like all day.... I want to study all day... I have so many questions and so many things I want to study... but I have a big fear... will this  hunger last? Will I still want to study like this when I am home? I have a big fear that I wont study for like an hour every day... advice? ...
I love you all! Thanks for everything! Sounds like Lake Powell was legit! Plan like at least a two weeker for when I´m back! thanks! jaja...
cool cool beans!
ELDER TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment