Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ilopongo- Week 32


HEY!
dude... I dunno what to write about.... so.... hmmmm.... other than.... I AM SO FREAKING JEALOUS OF YOU PANCHOS GOING TO COLDPLAY ! Do you want me to come home early? freak. But that's legit. Happy anniversary! 23 years of a happy marriage! that's legit.. congrats... also forgot to wish Rylee a happy birthday like two weeks ago... sorry!
So this week went insanely fast. I don't even know what happened! We had a special multi zona training thing. That was legit. I realized that I need to completely change up the way I study. I finished the Book of Mormon for the 2nd time in the mish last night... first time in Spanish.  I went and tried out Moroni's promise again... its true in Spanish as well. I didn't really feel anything spectacular, rather a knowing familiar feeling and then the thought came to my mind... It has to be true. There is no doubt about it. But its just food for thought, you cant really recreate the spirit you felt the first time, rather the spirit touches you on the shoulder and reminds of what you already know. That's my experience anyway.
BTW, mum and dad STILL owe me their conversion stories.
But anyway, about the study change, its just funny that its taken me 9 months in the mish to figure it out. But I am so stoked. My mission leader in the ward is telling me all about how he did it in the mission and he´s giving me a lot of tips. And he knows a ton about the church. He told me that when he left on the mish, he really didn´t know that much about the church, so he developed this way of studying and now he is teaching me. I am so excited to start it up. Its crazy that the more you study, the more you realize how much you don't know. I have learned that time and time again in the mission.
My mission leader served in Hollywood. So that's legit.. but he wanted a hymn book in English so I gave him mine... so then he gave me a watch.. jaja! its sick, not gonna lie.   
In the multi zona I  had to do a little shpeel with my comp... again... I just gave a talk in English in the last multizona and now, another demonstration... at least I´m scoring points right? or maybe he´s just giving me chances to redeem my self from the first... but you know... whatever...
 Elder Mehr and I are going to Spain after the mish. for maybe a week or two... live on some guys couch for a couple weeks..jaja! legit! Elder Mehr is so legit. He is so funny and a great missionary and friend. When we do exchanges, we always have a blast. jaja... but you know... whatever.
Well, we didn´t baptize in Feb, but the work was done... March looks a lot better!  I did another interview this week... interviews are a huge spiritual experience for me and for the person getting baptized.. this time the lady like started crying on me... I was like... what the.. but it was really awesome. I´m grateful for this opportunity.
Mum, happy anniversary! congrats on living 23 years with dad! jaja.. I am so darn jealous of you. Coldplay. I think I might cry... but anyway! I love you mum and thank you for everything! I wouldn´t be here if it wasn´t for you and pops.
Dad, congrats on living with a woman for 23 years! jajajajajajajaja just kidding... (doctrine side note-woman in the scriptures is a huge sign of respect. Jesus said, woman, why weepest thou? Jesus the Christ.. read it!) jaja.. .. But i´m glad everything is going good! That was cool what mum did with the balloons and stuff. That's a woman for ya... if you hadn´t figured it out yet... she´s a keeper! I cant believe that the Tour de Mesa is almost here again and that the whiskey 50 is right around the corner. I´m so jealous. So are you guys planning on coming to El Salvador with me after graduation? we definitely should. Just food for thought! anyway, I love you pops!
Stee, hey don't worry about not writing.. life gets busy... I think that I know that better than anyone... so many people have written me but I haven´t had time to write back... that's the mission for ya... every time I learn something new about the mission I think about what I could just tell you so you don't have to learn it the hard way like I've had to... its insane! The mission is legit. Do everything you can to get on one. Keep throwing strong. its all mental, naturally you throw worse when they measure.. you just gotta conquer the mental part of it... just go out there and have fun.. that's something that I never learned, like when we used to race and stuff. I am just now figuring out how... a little.. jaja love ya bro!
Ellie. you always are hanging out. and choir concert this week? legit. sing good! and keep practicing the piano. the boys like it. especially if you can sing as well! love ya.. have a great week!
Brynn, now you are making perfumes and stuff? dang... you are quite the homemaker.. way to go! i´m jealous.. I´m glad school is going good and keep working hard and doing whats right! love ya!

Lights will guide you home.. and ignite your bones. and I will try to fix you.
I love you all! thanks for everything!
TTT

2 comments:

  1. That was nice of him to remember my birthday! What is the best way to write him? Should I just send him a Dear Elder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, dear elder works great! Hope your doing good Ry!

      Delete