Friday, February 10, 2012

Ilopango-Week 29



I¨m 20! Crazy. Also, happy birthday to Tate, Troy and Grandma! Christmas in the mission just is hard... but birthdays are legit! I had a lot of fun today. One, it being P-day.... but this morning we played futbol.. legit as always! And then the zone got me a cake and we had a little party... then we changed and went to another party for me at the house of and investigator.. then we went to play basketball and futbol again! and now I´m here.. ! jaja...

 also... legit that Hunter gets back today! Tell him congrats on a full time mission! Also, I got the birthday packet! Thank you. that was really thoughtful everything you guys put in there... I´m going to have another party next week! :) Alvaro was going to come today, but for some reason couldn´t... but leaves the 15 of this month! Hopefully for reals this time...
So.. I got two new people to teach in this area.... ones the bishops daughter and one is an investigator... she´ll probably get baptized... maybe... just takes some time... I had the best day numbers-wise of my mission this week... but this area has been really burnt out.. lots of recently returned missionaries say the same.. this zone always baptizes a ton...this ares has been worked a ton... it just kinda stinks when you work so hard with little success (for El Salvador)... I was kinda getting stressed out about it until a guy in my zone was like, "why don't you get all depressed about it and like not enjoy your mission at all." jaja it made me laugh but its totally true.. I know I did all the work that I could´v done last month with no baptisms. But that's OK because I can look behind me and say"I have fought the good fight" I gave it all I had. its OK! I can look behind me and see the work done. And I am happy!
 I Found some more less actives that don't come to church because of the gossip. nice.
The comp of Niel Thornton has probably the most strong family in the ward. His wife served in the same mission as him as well. They have three daughters and one of them is mentally handicapped.. but she is the cutest thing and you just feel a whole bunch of love for her. Her 10 year old daughter bore a powerful testimony yesterday in church. They are awesome. He actually gave me an idea that Niel used in the mission. No one can say "Thornton" so now I just say that my name is "Elder Tortilla" pretty legit right? jaja.
El Salvador is called "the hammock" because there are always these little earthquakes called temblores... usually they happen once every month to two weeks. But this week there were three! and one really really strong one... but just for like 15 seconds each one... they aren´t considered earthquakes.
Dedicating houses is always a powerful experience every time. I have done a couple since I´ve been here and they are always amazing.  You can just feel the spirit take a seat in the house and its there to stay. legit.
This week we had a legit family home evening on Saturday with Stanley and Rud. The family that we have been working hard with. They are awesome. I just hope they finally can get themselves married. We cooked some meat and they cooked some rice and beans(who would´ve thought?)... and I did the salsa. It was really fun and a good experience to show them that we are cool with doing  different things with them to teach them.
Hermana Glazier called this morning to wish me a happy birthday.. that was really cool;)
Mum, thank you for everything! Thank you for everything! all the stuff in the birthday packet and all that you do for me! I definitely wouldn´t be here if it wasn´t for you! And that's sick that Katie did that song. She´s really a nice girl and always writes me. I still haven´t written of her back... but its just because we are so darn busy!  She´s getting ready to do her junior recital... you should ask about that and see if you can go to that! :) are you still learning Spanish? reading Jesus the Christ? do it... its awesome. also, if you could send benzoyle peroxide and healing cream and those pens that I sent a picture of in the package that Austin sends? please and thank you! I love you MUM!
Dad, thank you for everything! you are awesome. And a diesel. I´ve been getting a little baggy this week to go out and ride! Not only cycling, but also moto! remember those good old days? jaja... but anyway, I love you pops! you are the best!
Austin, I really don't think you know how much that I look up to you. I don't really think that you realize what an example you are to me! I think to myself, "wow, I really wish that I could be as cools as Austin" that's no bull either. I´m serious! just remember to always do the simple things. Read the scrips! all the time. And never stop smiling! I love you brotha and I´m Glad you like the bag. I used that for about two months for church and p day:)
I just got some vertigo for the first time in a while... whooooooo woooooow oooooohhhh freeeeaaaaaakkkk!
Ellie, it sounds like everything is going great with you!  Always hanging out with friends! Just always remember whats really important. I love ya!
Brynn, sounds like you don't have to do a paragraph this week! so cool! and don't worry if you don't want to knit anymore... its cool! I love you!
Listen to Coldplaymy birthday! the whole CD without interruptions.. just listening.:)
I love you all! and yes my comp is teaching how to rap;)
Pancho Messi.

No comments:

Post a Comment