Thursday, February 2, 2012

IIopango- Week 28

¿Qué ondas?
Hey whats going on? Yes, yes... I called Kristen Stewart...so sue me! There was an earthquake! I knew that Cody was alright because the Lord is protecting him, but I just wanted the confirmation.... but all I did really was worry Kristen to death..jaja! But you know... whatever!
Elder Dera... he was the comp of Neil... but Latinos have like a million names... so this is one of them...  jaja!
So remember that video about the dedication of the temple here? and they are all practicing the dance in a church building and then they are all praying in a huge circle? Well, that's the church building I go to and that's my stake. Cool beans right? I think that you all think that I´m out in the boonies, but that's not the case... I´m still in the city. Technically, our area is in Soyapango (famous for being the most dangerous...jaja!).. but the stake is called Ilopango because most of the stake lives in the city of Ilopango. We walk for ten min and we are in Ilopango. If you are looking for it on google maps, I live pretty darn close to the airport of El Salvador.. so in other words, I could jump on a plane and be home tomorrow if you like..jaja! And about the houses, they are made to only have water every other day.. so we have a BIG sink that we fill up every other day and use that water for the next day... So its not so bad.. jaja
So this morning, I went to the mall that's here close to us and went to go get a legit pedicure. legit. like I was sitting in a throne and some Latina was working on my feet. why? because that's what the nurse of the mission told me to do... I have had a nasty sodding in-grown toenail for a while and my other toenail fell out a few weeks ago. So it was like ten bucks to take out the ingrown and like ten bucks for the pedicure. All of which is paid for by the mish!  I decided that after the mish, I´m never cutting my own toenails again. ya estuvo
So we started teaching this inactive lawyer. nuff said. lawyer. tough cooking. hard heart.
Got the first packet full of cd´s! Thank you! I think the thing that made me smile most was the few songs from the movie Tangled. I love that movie. And it made me smile so hard! I love that movie... probably one of my favorites. But thank you a million! And I need instructions on how to use the tooth bleach... is it like a leave in your mouth all night kinda thing? or just a 30 min deal?
So we had a multi-zona this week (or a zone conference) But it was legit. It was on the doctrine of Christ. 2 Nephi 31. And applying all the scriptures to ourselves before the investigator. Its always easy to apply scriptures to other people, but hard for ourselves. So it was about getting the gospel to enter us first. It was really good and I felt the spirit strong. Remember when I compared my first lesson in Spanish to a train wreck? Well, I had to give a talk in ENGLISH in the multi-zona and it was also a train wreck!!!... I couldn´t even think straight. I started up in Spanish like 4 times... but it ended up well towards the end:) But it was a little rough... and I only have 8 months...But after the multi zona was done, the mission pres´s wife came up to me and said that after I sat down from my talk, the Pres. leaned over to her and said,"wow, he is such a great elder." I was like, "are you sure he was talking about me?" But she assured me that that is what he said and how he felt... I felt really humbled that the mish pres thinks that of me.. he has trusted me with a lot of responsibility since I got here and I´m very grateful for it. I honestly didn´t know what to think other than the scripture "I don't boast in myself, but in my God" But it was really cool.
I am so sick of gossip in the church... it sucks. there are so many less active members in the church here just because the other members would talk bad about them... DON'T TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE! ITS NOT YOUR BUSINESS! I have had my own experience before and during my mish... don't pass on the gossip... be their friend. love them. As Jesus loved you.
Stanly y Rut: Una familia poderosa.This is the family where the wife is a less active and we are trying to baptize the husband. The one I talked about last week. anyway, I know I said it last week, but I think this week I had two of the most powerful lessons of my mish with this family.. 2 in the same week! legit. Before the first lesson of the week, the wife comes up to us and tells us that he has never really fallen in well with the elders that have come and doesn´t really listen... but with us 2, he likes us. He listens to us. So try and take advantage, is what she said. It was just kinda a testimony that we are sent to our missions because there are people there that only we can teach. I am in El Salvador because there are people that only I can touch. . That's why it doesn't matter where you serve. So what? I´m in a cool, dangerous country in the most dangerous part of the country and teaching the gospel. It would be the same if I where in Provo. It would be no different. Its the same message, its just the people that only I can teach are here. :) Its amazing. Last night, Stanly told me that I am a part of his family. No matter what. That if I ever need his help, he will come and get me wherever I am. That the doors to his house are always open for me during or after my mish if I decide to visit I would have a bed. He said that no Elder has ever shown that they have cared like I have. shown that they loved them like I have. So for that reason, he said that we are his family.. ..for forever. last week I gave him my email addresses so that he could write and send pics of his kids growing up... and I come to the Internet cafe today to see an email from him. Where ever people serve, its because that they are people there that only they can serve.. that only they can teach.. and that's why I´m here... in case you were wondering:)
Mum, I´m sorry I didn´t call you.. but it would have made me really baggy! jaja.. but I just wanted to thank you for everything that you have done for me. Showing real charity for everyone and always making sure Im OK! I love you!
DAD, thanks for everything as well.. Í think that Ihave already told you but I use a lot of stories of you and mum to teach. lots of stuff that you have done for me to show and teach by example... Just like Christ did... taught by example... thank you for everything pops! Sounds like the training is going good! I kinda got a little baggy this week to ride.. but you know... whatevs. I love you!
Lady.. sounds like every things going good! sounds like Sadie's is cool.. even if you don't really know her.. but you know... whatever.. jaja! welp, love ya brotha! tell Smith happy b day!
Ellie, sounds like everything is going good with you and that every things good with your friends! make sure to always stay nice! I love you!
Brynn, thank you for your letter. when your fears surround you, wrap my love around you:) I love you!
Thanks for everything and I love you all!
ELDER T

No comments:

Post a Comment