Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ilopango- Week 32



HOLA HOLA COCA COLA!
This week went by amazingly fast. Wednesday I went on divisions with Elder Mehr. (one of my new responsibilities) and it was really fun! Not only is Elder Mehr a great elder, but he is so fun to be around. We stayed up late talking about deep doctrine.. go figure right? but you know.. whatever... then...ON Friday, we had divisions with the hermanas... I went with an hermana Mendoza and my comp with hna Jones......................jajajajaja just kidding.. my comp and I went to go work in their area with them for a day. Those sisters are insane. Way good teachers... but the ZL´s sent me to work with them to help them baptize this month... and now they have a baptismal date so that's good... now we just need to baptize right? jaja
So my new study... its so freaking legit.. I am learning so much. What I have started is I have written all the questions I have about the gospel, or things that I really don't know much about,and I study it, write everything down, until I´m satisfied with the answer that I have.. legit. I really consider myself to not know much about the gospel... so i figured that I needed to change stuff up. I´m really excited to be studying more. I started reading Our Search For Happiness on Thursday in my free time and I finished that this morning... M Russell Ballard wrote it and its a really cool book. You should read it.
So there were some major changes in the mission this week. Great changes. Its not necessarily major changes but it was enough change to think, wait what? when I talk to you sometime I´ll tell you more about it...jajajaja
Contacts in the street are weird sometimes... sometimes no one wants to give you the time of day and other days people are all smiley and want to listen and are actually interested in what you have to say. We had one day this week where we got 0 references... then the next day was like a complete 180... its just weird...
Today for P day we played some Basketball and futbol and we started practicing for a special musical number for a meeting we have with a 70 member in a couple weeks... it should be good! But... wait for it......................................................................................i´m singing alto.... yes..... in other words, one of the women´s parts...  why am I singing alto? no one else can... apparently... its just weird how my voice has kinda changed.. in high school I was a baritone.. college a tenor..... mission an alto. usually for boys your voice gets lower... i´m going up.. i don't get it.. is there something wrong with me? jaja but its cool. I like it:) We are singing  the song Nearer my God to Thee.. so its not insanely high for the alto.. but you know whatever.
So, Tito, our mission leader is legit. So we are not having that much success in the ward right... why? one reason would be that the members don't help us. So our lider misional had this great idea to start training the ward to use preach my gospel. For the 3rd hour of church he talked about PMG and the blessing it is. The idea is to train the members to be missionaries also.. like yesterday was just an intro, but most people don't know how to be a missionary, but all the answers are in PMG. What a blessing it really is to know that you can know the lessons you will teach before you enter the MTC. Most people think in the MTC, you learn all this new stuff and how to teach etc... NO... no es así. Everything that they teach us in the MTC is in PMG. PMG is a chance to make an MTC in the home with our families. So that we can be more prepared as members to share the gospel. legit right? Most members don't realize the difference they make in missionary work. Just being present in a lesson makes a huge difference. Mum, offer the sisters in our ward your help when they need it. It really helps them a ton. (and feed them:) members aren´t really feeding us right now...jaja) But anyway. the training was legit yesterday. It was a big PowerPoint thing and legit. We invited our president to come to one in the future. I am excited:) Tito called it our mission plan for the ward. (he´s also teaching me a lot about how to study more effectively:))
Last night,after we finished our fast, we visited with Stanly and Rud. The family that we have been working really hard with. The family that I was sent here to Valle Nuevo for. We talked about them getting them married. I talked about the qualities that they both have and compared them to Dad and Mum. Told them some of the dearest stories to my heart to them about Mum and Dad. And then talked about the temple and the blessing to being sealed to one another and to their family. Then mi comp  talked about how he loves it when I talk about the blessings I have with a sealed family, because he doesn´t have that blessing. And how he wishes his family to be sealed. But then he talked about what he now knows he will do when he decides to get married. Temple Time... jaja. So then we put the date of the baptism and wedding for the 24 of this month. Then Stanly asked Rud to marry him. He said that we wern´t just having a discussion like so many times before, about marriage. He said that today he was going to talk with his family and tell them that he has made a big decision in his life and that he would be getting married. Rud, wanted to wait another month to plan it all out nice and pretty... but we told her no.......jajajaja... in a nice way. And we told her that we would be planning everything and be putting together everything. Reluctantly, she put her trust in two missionaries. one negro and one blanco. (i´m negro). So as of yesterday, we are officially in wedding plan mode.. other words, experience for something I definitely wont have to worry about when I return... jajajajajajajajajajajaja! I´m hilarious. My wife will be in charge of everything.
That's the most recent stuff..jajaja... I´m pretty excited:)
Mum, thanks for your letter and your conversion story:) loved it. Did you get newtons? sick. Keep learning Spanish:) love you!
Dad, I love you too, but you still owe me your conversion story. Keep riding and have fun this week!
Stee, keep up the good work and finish off the quarter strong! love ya.
Ellie, sounds like everything is going great and that you are enjoying choir:) Did i tell you? I´m singing alto in a small choir:) jaja... love ya!
Brynn, I honestly haven't looked for the bear..I´m sorry! I just forget..I´m really really sorry... I promise that I´ll try to remember! I love you!
Hey.... I have the most legit family of the world. I´m so darn lucky... I love you! and Mum, don't be baggy...I´m almost half way done already... crazy right?  Just listen to every coldplay CD from parachutes to Mylo Xyloto. all the way through without breaks and without distractions:)
Hey I love you all!
Elder TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment