Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ilopango- Week 34

HOLA! wazzup panchos?
So this week flew by like every other week. Hey thanks for your letters... I think this week has been the best week, letters-wise... everyone said something awesome and it was like exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you!
So first thing on the docket. We had a meeting with Elder Amado from the 70 and the area presidency of central America. Legit right? He was so awesome. We all took a picture with him and then we all got to meet him and shake his hand and tell him a little bit about ourselves. I told him where I was from etc etc. Then he asked me how many baptisms I had had this month. I had to tell him none. Then he asked about last month. none. Then he asked when the last time I baptized was. I said December. Then he said something that  I´ll never forget. I know you are working hard and being obedient, but baptizing is important. Then he talked a lot in his talk about how a lot of times the obedient don't baptize but the disobedient do... we should not expect the Lord to bless us with a baptism for being obedient. He said that the Lord will never take the agency away from anyone. Then he went into his point... that we need to always keep a prayer in our heart and constantly be asking for help and guidance to help THEM MAKE THE DECISION. DyC 82:10.  But Heavenly Father is not obligated to take the agency away from people. Something that I understood, but didn´t really understand, if you know what I mean. He kept asking us throughout the meeting: do you still have a prayer in your heart?... it was a really good lesson. He also talked about when we are teaching and preaching the gospel, we forget about everything else... if we´re hungry or tired etc... and its totally true! Its insane... but you know.... por alli vamos..he also reminded us that we always need to be animated and happy and excited. (i´ll talk more about that in a second) but it reminded me of something that Elder Martino said: you have permission to be unanimated for 5 min... every 6 months... jajaa....He also talked about Latinos learning English and said that most only know how to say:WHAT TIME IS IT MISTER?! It  was really funny! Then he said that when you dream in the language, you´ve dominated it... I thought: well, I started dreaming within my first 3 months in the mish... but I don't feel like I´ve dominated it! jaja... but you know... whatever.
Also, one more thing that I learned from Elder Amado... that the primary is the largest organization in the church and one of the most important... He said that they always put the best teachers in the primary... so in other words, good job on being an awesome teacher, pops! jaja


So, that stand that we started to hang around...that sells tamales? sent a pic... but anyway, we were trying something a little different with them... trying to serve them before teaching... Ammon right? Then when the ask where we are, the servant's will say:feeding the horses. jajajajajaja... but we were eating tamales at their stand and the pastor comes by... starts telling us about our own church.. jaja.. saying that we worship smith and what not.. starts like chewing us our right? that happens on almost a daily basis, but that's not the point.. he was like: you do not have permission to teach them.. so do not share anything with them...(tamale friends) I was like: what happened to agency? right? jaja... but anyway, next day,  we tried to teach them a little bit, just so they would know the truth about the church right? instead of all the gossip.. but, they weren't very receptive. :0
So we started teaching this woman and a kid who has friends in the church... it was a legit lesson! She was so in tune and was asking fantastic questions and would never take her eyes off us. At the end of the lesson, she was like: I don't have any questions, but I want you to know that I am going to read this book. and I´m going to pray. and I´m going to find out if it really is true. I will do it!. .... so legit... she has a great story.... but I´ll tell it if she decides to get baptised:) but when we started the lesson, she was like: no missionary has ever been in this house. I always see them, but they seem like always way serious. But when I met you two, you were very animated and fun loving and just happy! But at the same time, very respectful and educated. That's why I wanted you to come to my house....... I talked about her last week in my letter.. she was the one who at first didn´t want anything to do with us, but by the end wanted her son to be there. Her name is Shirley and her son is Marcos. :)
mal cae. see attached foto with the hermanas:)
Hey I don't have much time... but I want to say that I love all of you! And thank you so much for the letters! and I got the package this week! thanks for the legit shirt Austin! that was legit:) I love you all!
ELDER T

No comments:

Post a Comment