Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ilopango- Week 33



Hola familia!  This week flew... just like every other week... I really like don't know what to write about anymore.... its weird... but here´s a few of the things that have happened this week:)
I had divisions with Elder Oliva. our ZL. He´s from the other side of El Salvador and he´s finishing his mission this week. He´s a baller. Not only with futbol, but also with missionary stuff. I really learned a lot. He actually reminds me a lot of Hunter. Kinda quiet but like incredibly funny. He has the same sense of humor as Hunter and I learned a ton with him.
Yesterday were the elections for like the departments here. alcadias. I don't know what it would be in English. But anyway, they changed church to start at 7 yesterday morning for only one hour. So really it started at like 7:15 and ended like at 7:50. in other words? half hour church. sick. like no one came yesterday. We weren´t allowed to leave the house yesterday because people apparently go crazy. So we cleaned the house a bit, and I got a boatload of studying done. Its weird how much I have come to love studying the scrips. weird. mi comp put his mattress outside on the porch..nice

So wedding news.... everything all the sudden got super complicated for the family and it would be a miracle if they get married on the 24. The ward like doesn´t want to help us... or if they do, they don't have the right attitude. But we are praying. We had two other baptismal dates and they are falling through because they are trying to move and they haven´t ever been to church. So its sounding like another month sin bautismos. que cacaso. que chafa. freak...... I don't know what it is... its like satan´s real or something..jaja. did you catch the sarcasm? I dunno.. its like you start to have a little bit of success and then you don't have it anymore with the snap of the finger.
In spite of all these trials and complications, the Lord is blessing us in other ways. We had a baptism of a little 8 yr old girl(doesn´t count for us) from a less active family. They are all active now. Good news:) also, we had a little success visiting another less active family that finally started to realize a little bit with our visit and said they were going to start to come again.. they have a little 9 yr old boy that hasn´t been baptized. It would be cool to have the dad baptize him?? cool beans. also, we are finding a lot of new investigators.
One of the families of new investigators: we made tamales with them. that was really cool and now they said that we are welcome at their house whenever we want to come. (con mi exaltación. véase foto:)) but it was a cool experience to make them... they make them a little different here. With banana tree leaves. It gives them a different flavor and they are better than any tamale I have had:)
So this family that we made tamales with has a stand where they sell stuff right? Well, we went to go sit with them for a little bit and got talking with a señora a little bit. Asked if we could come by another day.. then she was like, no wayI have a church.. but we kept talking... not necessarily about the Gospel... just talking like friends of a relationship of years talk...then she was about to leave and we asked here again if we could come by... she was like, the only day I have off work is Sunday and Saturday... and I want my son to be there when you come.. so like 8 next Saturday?:) She should be a good investigator right? It was just kinda cool that at first she didn´t want anything to do with us but by the end, she wanted us to come when her son is in the house. Only because we talked for like a half an hour... about, really, nothing! Weird how people are sometimes... jaja.her name is shirly.
Mum, thanks for everything! your letter, everything. you sent another package? why? whats in it? I really don't need anything... but thank you! no I haven´t got the one from Austin yet but I´m sure it´ll be this week.. this week is our deal with  70 member:) Elder mehr is from Wisconsin. Yesterday we talked on the phone about the deep doctrine that we were studying. The thing is that during study time, you aren´t suppose to study deep doctrine, but anytime other than that, you can study all you want! Normally you don't have anytime.. but there are little slots of time where you can read. I was going to ask you if you could send me the books ¨docterine of salvation¨ and ¨the great apostosy¨ and ¨teachings of the prophet Joseph smith¨just when you decide to send a package... there´s no rush. please and thank you mum! I love you all the way to space and back. Have fun with the utards!
Dad, hey thanks for you letter.. and the foto of Roxy.. it looks like she´s hanging in there.. just sleeping a lot? I hope she holds up like one more year.. but it sounds like everything is going great! I was going to send you something about sugar and stuff but I haven´t got around to it alright? but keep off the suger! you´re doing great. I love you pops!
stee, have a fun time in Utah! snowboard it up! just don't hurt yourself! love ya
Ellie.. have loads of fun this spring break! don't let it go by too fast!
Brynn, I found your bear.. but here´s the deal... i´m going to give it to a little girl in my ward so you can make another for me:) sound good? it would be cool if you could send them in every package so I could give them to little girls who don't have something like that... sound good? lemme know! I love you!
I love you all! gozátelo mi negro! se la pica! tell grandma hi and that I love her as well!
Elder TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment