Monday, April 30, 2012

Ilopango- Week 40

Hey Family!
So,  the week flew by.... again....
So we had a multizona this week. We freaking got macheted con todo... the main subject was repentance. Basically, Our central objective in life is to get in harmony with the Lord´s will through repentance... CENTRAL OBJECTIVE! crazy right? I learned a lot... also, I learned that what a missionary learns in two years is the equivalent to 16 yrs for any normal member. Crazy right? So basically I better learn as much as I can for what time I have left here in the mish!

Tito, our ward mission leader told me something that really made me feel good. I was talking to him on the phone about something I don't remember... then he was like, hey thanks for everything. I really consider you as one of my really good friends.. thanks for everything:) I dunno, I think the world of him so it was cool that he said that.. anyway...jaja..
Speaking of compliments I have gotten this week... I got two new hermanas in my district last week... they told me the other day that they are always confused when they call me and I answer the phone because they expect a gringo.. they said I speak puro Español. Puro Latino... jajajajaja... so that's pretty cool I guess.. I guess that I don't have a bad accent... jaja,,,
I went on divisions with Elder Naylor... my ZL... I hosted him at the MTC btw... he´s a pretty cool guy.. Hey also rides  bikes.. so that's cool.. he´s a legit snowboarder. I like the guy a lot as a person... but I honestly don't like the way he works as a missionary.. just two way different styles.. but you know.. whatever:) But anyway, so Elder Naylor, Winter and Mehr and I made plans to all hit up Lake Powell -SUMMER 2014. legit right? I thought so... jaja...Elder Winter and Elder Mehr are so legit... probably my favorite gringos I have met since I have been here... so fun so totally funny.
The Shins have been in my head this week.
This week my name tag has broke twice... .. so I have been wearing a plack from Elder Mann.. he left a long  time ago.. but left a plack... whatever right? jaja..
So that baptism we had for this weekend? a member.... second time we have got a reference telling us to baptize them and finding out at the last minute that they are members... nice.... but I have seen a huge change in her since we started teaching her.. so that's good!
So I think that we were inspired to visit a less active this week... We showed up and he was told us that he was waiting for us and that he knew that we would come.. we shared a short powerful message and yesterday he came to church with most of his family.. I am so grateful for the spirit that guides you even when you don't realize  it.. jaja..
So we started up with Stanly and Rud this week... we had stopped visiting them so much because they weren´t going to get married until June... so we stopped by and made sure that everything was still going good. Everything is going great! And they are already semi planning on the baptism the day after the wedding , because he wants me to do it... I hope I can baptize that family before I leave this area... We went to their house yesterday morning to cook them breakfast to help them get to church... weird what you have to do sometimes to get people to church! jaja! but they came... so that was good:) Other than that, everythings good! I´ve got a headache like a mother ... but you know whatever..
Mum, I´m glad everything is going good with the shoulder stuff! that's sick... listen to the Shins.. they´re sick... also, I was thinking of Vampire Weekend this week... remembering that song that I sang when we stopped at that Mexican place last December... "in December drinking horchata I´d look sycotic in a balaclava..." jajaja! I love you!
Dad, how´d the whisky 50 go? did it suck? I thought that race kinda sucked... but you know.. whatever..jaja-- hey thanks for everything pops! I love you!
Austin, whats up lady? how´s everything going? dude.. don't do football... it´ll suck the rest of your life... trust me... jajaja.. anyway, love ya!
Ellie, don't worry about all the drama.. just stay out of it... don't go out with anyone... just wait and date a lot when you are 16.. its better that way... trust me... love ya!
Brynn. dang it sounds like your week was boring... but you have to make it fun! that's what its all about! making your own fun! I love you!


I love you all and thanks for everything!
Elder Thornton

No comments:

Post a Comment