Friday, May 11, 2012

Ilopango - Week 41

What's UP? So this week flew...I´m kinda getting scared for year two... but you know... whatever...  Thanks for all of your letters!  So they have almost completely stopped using dollar bills here... just gold dollars.. weird... I like it better... jajaja! Heard U2 this week. Reminded me of the concert.. The song was "stuck in a moment".. good song.. I´m starting to get worried about my dreams a little bit.. a few have come true... and I didn´t like the ending... jaja.. it was that that lady had found her records... jajaja...  So the multizone last week... repentence... what the pres wanted us to study last week... repentence... this week... forgiveness... see a pattern? I dunno whats been going on but?...whatever.. I'm starting to feel guilty... but I dunno what for... haven´t done anything??? maybe thats what a study of repentence does for you... weird...  I had divivions this week.. with Elder Winter! It was so freaking fun... Elder Mehr and Elder Winter are the best elders in the mission and are freaking hilarious... like I said last week... my favorite/best friends gringos in the mish...Also, he had me get up on a bus and talk with everyone on the bus from the front and preach.  It was so darn fun! and effective. But I did an interview for one of their investigators...Jaime... it was so darn powerful... I almost cried in it... it was so powerful.. he is the most spiritually converted person I have interviewed..crazy.. he's´s probably going to be an apostle.... But then his baptism the next day, the font stopped filling.. so we had to go to a members house and start filling up those 5 gallon jugs and haul them over to the church on our shoulders... I was beat! I´m not strong anymore! sweat... anyway... took a pic.... jaja! Saturday night had a missionary activity. We had like a movie theater thing... we watched the testaments.. it was really good! and a few investigators came and loved it.. said that the Book of Mormon just seemd logical after the movie.. hopefully we´ll get some sucess out of it:) So yesterday they asked me to play the piano for the opening hymn.. I usually don't in this ward... but when I went up to go play... a little 2 year old girl yelled ELDER TORTON!!! It made everyone laugh...:) Also, macheted everyone in church yesterday.. ask me about it on sunday:) So heres my Prayer story mum,  So when I had about two weeks with left with my last comp. I was really frustrated... having basically no success in this area.. so I analyzed my prayers a little bit...I realized that I was just asking to guide us to find someone ready for the gospel...I realized that I was doing it wrong... revelation requires information. So then I asked where I needed to GO to find someone... see the difference? then I sat there and waited for an answer.. all of our references went through my mind...one stuck out in particular... we went there the next day.. knocked the door... I know what you´re thinking... you´re thinking they let us in... NOPE! They came to see who it was and then shut the door... across the street were the people who sell tamales... we started to get to be friends with them, but they want nothing to do with the gospel... but through getting to know them a little bit, they introduced us to a lady. The week before Escalante left, we found someone really really good! she works a lot, so its hard to teach her, but she is really positive and we are hoping and praying to baptize her this week.. so it was just cool that Heavenly Father lead us somewhere but that wasn´t what we had planned.. like I said, revelation requires information... anyway... prayer:) I love you mum! I can't wait to talk to you on Sunday!  Dad,. looks like you freaking killed the whisky! sick whips! Thanks for your letter pops! Talk to you next week:) love ya! Austin, Prom? sick whips... So I was thinking.. I will only miss one summer for no wakeboarding. I wakeboarded the summer I left.. I'll definitely do it when I get back.. so the only summer you´ve got is this one! You better land some sick whips! Only will miss one Lake Powell trip more! I definitely want it to be like a month long trip when I come back:)deal? lets so something sick! BTW, all my mission buds and I are planning for Lake Powell summer 2014! sick. see you lady.. congrats on prom stuff:) ELLIE! CONGRATS ON A GOOD WEEK FILLED WITH GYM! Read your scrips and keep the eternal perspective:) love ya! Brynn, holy crap! you must be getting good at gym too! congrats:) hope this week goes by fast! love ya! Thanks for everything! I´ll let you know about the call on Sunday... I hope I can find somewhere to skype:) PADRE  TANNER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment