Friday, April 13, 2012

Ilopango- Week 37





Hey fam! whats going on? This week has been good... it just goes by so darn fast and by the time Monday rolls around, I dunno what happened all week! I don't remember anything! jajaja...
First,my new comp, awesome... he is from Guatemala. He has been a member for like 5 years.. he was a testigo de jehova... but converted... cool right?  But I am enjoying training a lot more than the last time I trained... My comp really looks up to me.. I think anyway... I always tell him that if he wants to do something different or wants me to do something different, all he has to do is tell me... but all he says is: just keep being a good teacher! because I need to learn everything I can...... love em both right?
So we had interviews with the president. Mine are always like really short... I dunno if that is a good thing or a bad thing. jaja... but he asked me about my comp etc... then he asked me if I had seen the movie Remember the Titans... then he told me about the line when there getting their butts kicked because the referees aren't calling a good game... then the coaches said: LEAVE NO DOUBT. It could be applied in a million ways, but the way he applied it was that I should leave no doubt with my comp of whether or not I love him. I have been trying to do that lately... leave no doubt. Not just in the sense that he used it in. But leaving no doubt wherever I go.. its kinda cool right? jaja
We found and starting teaching a Dominican this week... too bad Escalante wasn't here... jaja... but it was so cool! Because we like asked him to pray about everything that we had talked about to find out through the spirit if it was true.. he was like: there's no need! I already believe everything! I was like: sweet! lets fill the font! jajaja... but he's got some sabbath day issues...he works... but we'll work with him!
Did some service this week. Stanly and Rud were moving so we painted their new house and helped them move... just down the street.. did I tell you that they have a marriage date for June? They finally decided that they want to do it their way... jajaja We also went to the tamale house to do service there... that was were the pic was taken and sent to you mum... jajaja! the stuff in the spoon is the stuff you put in tamales... sick whips!
This whole mission thing is taking a tole on my body... my knees like constantly hurt... my whole body aches like all the time... but you know... whatever... I don't ever feel it when I'm teaching!  So all I need to do is teach a lot right? jaja
This week we had the Birthday of Christ and the Death and resurrection of Christ and the organization of the churchs anniversary ... a really special week right? remember remember...
So we've been trying to change things up a little bit more... I am trying to rely more and more on the Lord and I am starting to recognize the lords hand a little bit more every day in our work. I am constantly making a effort to rely on him always... its tough sometimes but you know... it was never meant to be easy.
Had the first mas o menos storm this week... I had forgotten how crazy the thunder and lightning storms are here.... its nothing like it would be at home...
So traditions in ES... for semana santa... its really for all the catholics but everyone gets like a week off work and heads to the beach... in other words.. not many people home in their house... but on Friday, all the catholics make these alfombras... they are like these huge murals that they make on the streets.. I am talking like huge. And their all made with salt colored to make the pictures look like something that has to do with Christ... they are really cool. I was very impressed with how well and how cool they really looked. But that was my week!
Mum, thanks for everything! I believe that my comps mom is sending something for him... but could you send me one of my harmonicas? the honher in the gray case:) Also, there's a guy in my ward bugging me for beef jerky.. so if you could like send a pack of that, he would like it. And maybe the soundtrack for Tarzan? I dunno if that's against the rules.. if it is I wont listen to it... jaja!. I love you mum and i'm so grateful for everything you do for me.. always making sure i'm OK... Also, what date is mothers day? I haven't heard anything from the pres about that yet.. but it is kinda early... you know... what ever... jaja! I love you!
Dad, keep´me updated on the bike stuff... I wanna hear all about it! and yeah, I would definitely ride your bike when I get back.. at least for a year or so... i hear that you should get a new one every 3 to 4 years... but I really don't know anything anymore! jaja... no but I was thinking that I would want to ride a pinarrello when I get home... or an orbea... or the classic specialized.. but my heart was/is leaning towards a pinarrello... and would be especially good because I will have no money when I get back...jajaj! Funny, i'm only like half way done and i'm talking about this stuff... but it seriously goes by so sodding fast.. it feels like last week we raced the whisky 50... I remember so vividly that I didn"t feel good from the start of that duy...jaja! So I guess its never too early to think about that stuff. Also, I think we are going to the temple in may... Also, I am about 80% positive that there's a bike store over by the temple.. I once saw some El Salvador kits in there... interested? Or just wait until you come to visit.. I wouldn't be surprised if the sizing is way different here.. also, my ZL is a legit cyclist as well! and I had no idea for a while... but you know... whatever.. btw.. the only reason I am a leader is because the lord wants me to learn something that I haven't learned yet... Yes I am still in Ilopango:) I love you pops... thanks for everything!
Lady, whats up stud? dude, I love Rondo... and the Suns... so stoked for Rondo... anyway, congrats on being number 1 thrower in discus this week! that's so legit..keep up the good work. Let the little things stay little.. Make everything easy:) love ya bro
Ell Bell. I was thinking this week that you would be a great missionary as well! I know its not really expected, but you know... it would be an awesome experience for you... all the experiences that I am having here could be yours.. prepare for a mish. Its awesome. You will be amazed at what an eye opener it is.. and you would be a huge example to your sister.. food for thought? Try it out! I love you!
Brynn! thank you for you nice letter! It sounds like Easter was good and that you are having fun... Thank you for making bears! You are awesome. I love you!

I love you all!
ElDeR ThOrNtOn

No comments:

Post a Comment