Friday, January 13, 2012

Valle Nuevo- Week 25






Well I´m NOT in Usulatán. I am in a place called Ilopango (in other words CHIVO-PANGO...jaja) In an area called Valle Nuevo. And this place is legit...You know how much I hate change... so the first day or two was a little nostalgic....(bet you think I would´ve forgot that word..jajaja!) But it always gets better! Mt comp is Elder Baldimir Escalante... (Baldimir is his first name... I think he told someone to add me on face:)) But anyway... he´s pretty awesome. He´s from la republic Dominicana and legit. The only thing is that he has had three comps so far and all of them have been baggy.... so he doesn´t really know anything different than to be baggy... but we´ve been working hard this past week. He´s definitely not afraid of work... He just is a little disobedient in a few areas... which isn´t his fault... just what he has been taught by sodding baggy elders... but I´ve been praying about it and I received my answer instantly.. step by step, line upon line, here a little there a little. So slowly but surely I´m going to start helping him be a little more obedient:) and he´s told me a lot, that almost all of his comps didn´t really like to work that much.. But he is so awesome. He´s 21 and got baptized a year and a half ago. He actually served a mission for the catholic church for a year and 10 months. He also raps like a mother bear!  He is awesome. He can improvise on the spot and make something up. legit. You would be amazed if you heard him. Amazed! I started talking to him a little more about it and he was telling me his story and stuff.. But I guess he has recorded with a lot of companies and stuff.. and when he had his mission call in his hand, a record company offered him a $2 million contract to sing... but he turned it down to come to the mish. I thought he must be crazy! But then he said something that I´ll never forget. Something that I have always heard ... Money does not make you happy. Then he showed me his favorite scripture. 2Tim2:3-4. Its legit. Then everything started to click in my brain. He´s legit...LEGIT!!! He looks at things from a completely different view than everyone else.. philosophically? its just different... that's all:) But I´m looking forward to being able to work with him
This week I met a guy in my new ward that had Neal Thornton as his second to last comp. Small world!
Also, Met a guy with like a 260 acre coffee farm that speaks perfect English and was already great friends with my comp... but he´s pretty awesome as well.. he said if anything ever happens to us, all we have to do is call him up and he´ll get us out of trouble. He always offers to take us to the beach...jaja
Today my comp and I went to the lake of Ilopango.. its pretty legit there... just saying... I wouldn´t mind going back there after the mish:)
Elder Reece Scurr is in my zone now!! Legit! PARTY TIME!
I got a few more letters and a little packet from the Allen's and Troy´s fam.. I accidentally threw away the addresses... but I don't have time like I thought I would here.... so if you could thank them for me that would be great! I was really so grateful:)
That hermana that you were talking about last week is hermana Jones... I took one last picture with her before I left... she got here the same day that I did and we have spent the last six months in the same district... and she is staying there again! crazy.
Also, before I left, Alvaro came over to our house because he wanted to just talk for a few minutes and he wanted some advice... It was just really cool of him to come to me to ask for help... I sent a picture with me him and Brose... It felt cool to know that he could come to me.. anyway..

My last day in Zacamil was good... we just went around saying goodbye to all of our conversos and members... We taught the family Mejia how to make smores. That was cool.


we visited a ton of people. Hermana Elizibeth cried... hermana abuelita(first baptism) started like breaking down... that was hard... because she is so quiet that I didn´t know that our visits to here meant that much to her... and also Hermana Lopez Alegria started crying... that one was a surprise to me...  I loved my area... I spent a half a year of my life there.. it was legit... I hope that I only have like 4 areas throughout my mish... because its awesome to be close like that with everyone... but we´ll see what happens! Then for dinner we made pupusas with Carmen.... it was yummy..... she walked us out to the gate and wait for it.........................................................................she gave me a hug! freak! I didn´t even see it coming! I was shocked. Speechless.... I mean, she obviously didn´t know the rules... but you know... whatever... jaja.... Hermana Ochoa did it also... I guess that's life... jaja!
I took a 4 generation foto with my pops in the mission... and my son... and my grandson! legit!
Yesterday for fast and testimony meeting was legit... as soon as the bishop sat down, like half of the ward stood up and went to go sit up on the stand to bear their testimony. The meeting lasted like almost 2 hours! In all my years as a member, I have never seen that in all my life! This ward is Legit! The ward mission leader served in CA and speaks perfect and loves to work and make sure we reach the mission goals... chivo. This ward is powerful. Its just good to know that wherever you go, the church is always true! jajaja. The gospel is legit!
Mum, I hope I answered all of your questions! Freak! But everything is going great! You would hate my house.... it only has water every other day... jajaja...Its dirty... but its OK... its not the end of the world! jaja.. but my area is pretty awesome! I love you so much and I miss you! have a good week!
Dad, sounds like the diet is pretty legit! already lost five pounds!  freak! I have been doing a lot of exercising myself... hopefully I´ll loose a few:) I love you pops!
STEE, sounds like starting the first week of school went well! and it sounds like the football banquet went well... and you´re going to do it next year as well? you´re crazy... good luck! jaja.. I love ya bro... see ya
Ellie, how´s everything going? school going good? sounds like it! keep reading your scrips and have a great week! love ya
Brynn, I AM IN VALLE NUEVO! jajaja... there... answered your question... hey how´s school? GOOD! crazy. what grade are you in? cool. I love ya!
Hey btw, tell Jill congrats on her baby and tell her to get to church! jaja
OS AMO MUCHO! SALU PANCHOS! GRACIAS POR TODO! SEAIS TRANQUILOS
SHORTY

No comments:

Post a Comment