Monday, January 16, 2012

Valle Nuevo- Week 26



HEY!
So this stupid Internet cafe ruined my memory and now I have no fotos.... but guess what? I bought a thumb drive last week and transferred everything to that... then switched my 8 gb card to send to you guys and put in my 2 gb.. the one I already sent home... so I really only lost like 6 fotos... good news right? kinda... jajaja.
So I get 8 months on Wednesday... that means that no sister missionary will come to the mission field and leave before me now...(you know, because the gringas have 2 months when they enter the mission field) SO that's pretty cool I guess... jaja...
This week my comp talked me into putting two baby birds in my hands... I was afraid... there was a nest out back... jajaja.

So the president called last Monday to talk to Elder Escalante... I guess he had some questions about some of his former comps... I guess word got to the president about his baggy comps.. then the pres wanted to talk to me...He said he put me with him because it would be like training again... because he is a new member and a new missionary and basically described him as a sponge... he told me to mold him into a great missionary...He said that that was why he put me with him. I felt really good that the president trusts me that much.. but  you know... whatever. Then on Tuesday we had interviews with the pres and his wife. I went with his wife first and she asked me a question... If your mum were here, what would she brag about? I was like... what??? Why don't we call her up? jaja... but I just said that I know that she said that she was proud of me... then I started to get teary-eyed... I told her  sorry, I get a little emotional when I talk about my family.. so then she said we could stop and talk about something different.............. Then it was time for the interview with the president.. uh oh... jajaja... jk. But it went well! He just went over a few things of what he told me the day before...then asked me about my personal study and how its been going... then he told me to make the goal to read the Book of Mormon at least once a year for the rest of my life... I told him OK... jajaja. But its a great goal! I have already read it once in my mish... got a little distracted with Jesus the Christ and now I´ve started up again. Its legit in Spanish too! jaja...
I saw like 30 seconds of a basketball game... I FORGOT HOW MUCH I LOVE RONDO!!!!!! It was a Celtics game btw... but it was cool.. we played a little soccer this morning and we are going to play basketball I think a little later with some investigators... should be good! Also, went to the lake again... legit as ever.. jaja
So we are trying to baptize a less active member who lost their records... she was saying that she´s already been baptized in THIS church, so why would she have to do it again? In reality, her reasoning makes sense... with any luck, we´ll get her this weekend... but what did you do mum? was it even that hard for you? Mum and dad, you still haven´t sent me conversion stories... just saying..
Also, on Friday, we have a special meeting with Elder Nelson of the twelve. LEGIT! With the two missions... in other words... WITH ELDER TRUMP! WHOOP! I´m stoked:)
My comp is great... he´s just got a few bad habits from his sodding baggy companions... but we are working on them... I´m senior comp... but I don't really know the area so its hard for me to lead the area when he´s been here for a while...but we are working on obedience little by little... Just like my answer was... but you know..
There´s 4 mesa guys in my zone... so we just have AZ parties all the time.. legit...
So I called the familia Lopez Alegria (mi familia salvadoreña) this week to ask some questions... The son answered and was like THORNTON!!! and was like, What´s up? Where are you at? Hey, my mom is crying now because you called.................I was like what?! So I talked to her for a few minutes... asked her about my toenail that fell out this week... because I didn´t know what to do about it... then talked to Alvaro for a little bit because the package still hasn´t got here yet... so I just told him that he´s going to have to write me when he gets to Mexico so that I can send the ring to him there... he is really grateful for that... he says thank you:) but then passed the phone back to the mom and I told her thanks for everything, then she started crying a little bit... said that they all loved me a lot. and said goodbye... I was really touched... I was a little baggy for my old area! FREAK! Its just nice to know that even though I´m far away from all of you, I still have some family here that keeps an eye on me:) I am going to give them one of my name badges... its not much...but a missionary cant give much right? jajaja.... They also said before I left that they would come to the airport with signs and stuff when I leave...so I could have a group when I leave and when I arrive... jaja.. that would be pretty cool... but anyway... that was probably the highlight of my week:)
Mum, Thank you for everything. you are so awesome and I am lucky to have you! Azua. that's where my comp is from in la republica dominicana. I don't know where it is, but he keeps telling me that I need to come visit:) he says its an awesome tourist place... maybe one day:) I love you mum!
Popa! Sounds like everything is going great! sounds like the training is going to start up again! I cant believe its already almost been a year since we did the whiskey 50 and the tour de mesa... that was so fun! its crazy how fast time goes... I hope everything is going great! and that you´re reading your scriptures everyday. Alma 37:6-7. I share that one a lot with members and relate it to you and your job and how sometimes there´s work and sometimes no... but we are always fine and it "confuses the wise":) I love you pops!
Austin, freak your arms are big... there are a few things that I want... I want a few head bands like I used to have... and also, those songs I couldn´t listen to... so if you could try and burn them to a CD and send them, that would be cool? But no pressure... I don't need anything for my b day:) BTW, my comp got baptized on my birthday... he complete 2 years as a member this year.. crazy right? No, I haven´t found those bags yet... but I don't know if you have noticed the bag that I have in a few of the fotos that I have sent home... its like red, green and yellow... I actually bought that for you... I just use it on P-day:) I´ve just gotta find a place that I can send a package... don't worry, I´m working:) but everything is legit brotha! stay strong. don't get fat. read your scrips. put the scrips on top of your books when you start your homework... study before homework... do it... it helps! I love ya brotha! salu
Ellie, sounds like this week has been heck for you... crud.. it stinks to be sick... but I hope you are feeling better! get lots of rest and drink lots of water... even if you are going to throw up, its a lot easier to throw up water than dry heave in the toilet... jaja.. I hope you feel better! I love ya!
Brynn, my favorite color is blue.. how are you? Good? jeez... 5th grade already? that's insane... holy crap... but I hope everything is going good! make sure to read your scrips! every day. I love you!
I love you all and I Hope everything goes well this week!
SALU PANCHOS!
ELDER TTT

1 comment:

  1. I learn something new everytime I read one of these letters. He is such an amazing person! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete