Monday, November 28, 2011

Zacamil- Week 19

Our Thanksgiving!

HOLA FAM,
So whats up? I guess the weekend must have been good because you ALL forgot to write me! jaja just kidding... I honestly didn´t expect you to write me this week. Walking to the ceber this morning I thought to myself... they probably didn´t write me today... but that's OK:) I hope everything went well on your Thanksgiving weekend! Its crazy its already Thanksgiving. A TON has definitely changed this past year. jaja.. I´ll probably say the same thing when January rolls around... jaja. But anyway!
So changes were this week. It is crazy to always look back on a change. How fast it goes. Then you start a new change and think that it goes slow sometimes... Its weird... We both stayed in Zacamil just like I thought.. so I will be here until Jan 4.. at least! with any luck I´ll have another change here and spend my birthday here as well.. that would be sweet. But we got some new members to our zone! Our new district leader is legit. He entered the MTC on the same day that I did. He is from the Dominican Republic and is so legit. I actually met him in the temple my first week when I was sicker than a dog. He was there with me for a while. And he talks to me like a black person would in English. Its legit. He is a way good missionary and a way good leader. Just the way that he goes about being a leader is way different than any other district leader I have had yet.. but you know... lo que sea!
SO we had a Thanksgiving as well. We cooked a boatload of food and I thought that I was going to explode!  I made arroz con leche and Elder Brose made some pupusas and some kinda of desert thing that he thought might taste good... it was...... interesting. jaja. But it was awesome.
Also on Thanksgiving I  received the packages! I opened them right away for one reason... to see if there was food in there... because if there was food, the ants would definitely get to it... so I found everything and it was awesome.. I didn´t open presents! I´m going to wait, but I did set up the tree and stuff. (see picture) and it was legit. I found austin´s little note... all i´m gonna say is that i have the coolest brother on earth... Thanks lady:)
I also got some letters on thanksgiving. Two from Mons and one from Sister Cottam. One of the ones that Mons sent was sent in Sept. and the other like two weeks ago... weird! Anyway, it was nice to here from him... also say thank you to Carolyn for me. She is so awesome and never fails to send a letter. It sounds like Alexis and Elena are also doing awesome! As well as Cody and Monson. Its weird how we are like all over the world right now.... crazy.
ON a not so great note... I got sick. The weather changed so fast and no one was ready for it so a lot of people are sick right now... Its still bloody hot, but the nights are pretty nice and cold. jaja But you know me... I´m loading up on medicine! (sarcasm) jaja...
So we kinda starting teaching this super old grandma about three weeks ago. She´s like 86 or something. She has a testimony. She knows the church is true. She has been taught by many missionaries that have passed through this area. and she says that she´ll get baptized next year... but she doesn´t know when yet. :) I was thinking, "you don't have much time left, you gotta get this done!" I didn´t really think that we would be able to baptize her anyway... I thought it would be better wait and do the work for the dead... but we challenged her anyway and she said next year but doesn´t know when! big surprise... but you know... whatever.
So remember the culebras that we were teaching? Well they are getting their testimony an has a baptismal date! well, one is.... she came to church yesterday and really enjoyed it. It was pretty funny because a few of the priests were all asking me if she had a boyfriend (she does) and asking me when we are going to go visit her again... we always have some trouble getting priests to come out with us... but they were like,.... I´ll come the day that you go visit her! I was like, yeah right...NICE!  jaja.... she is pretty cute, I  have to say...I  know that I´m a missionary and not supposed to notice, but its hard not to! when everyone here wears tons of make-up and dresses funny....I guess its just nice to see someone who dresses more like they are from the U.S. and cute... there´s a difference! jaja... OK! I´m done talking about this! Back to missionary mode! But she is really a great investigator... most people here don't read. So to have someone that actually reads what we leave them is pretty awesome... not only does she read, but she studies! and highlights and takes notes! its insane...and it came from the fruits of fasting! legit!
DAD, Thanks for your letter this morning! It sounds like the dunes were pretty awesome. Yeah we didn´t make a turkey but we had our own Thanksgiving where we just ate a ton of food! Elder Brose is starting to like soccer... but you know... pinche gringos no le gusta futbol... but yep! I´m getting something super cool made for our family that you will definitely enjoy! I just don't know when they are going to be done! hopefully soon... but thanks for everything dad! you are the best! love you pops
MUM, thanks for you letter this morning! This week went a lot better numbers wise than last week... We found a lot of good people and we are excited! Thanks for always thinking of me and always wanting the best for me! You always know how to make me happy and always are thinking of creative things to make me happy:) Thanks mum! I love you!
LADY. all I´m gonna say is that you are the best brotha ever. And happy birthday this week! 17 years old! that's pretty legit! love ya brotha. Tell me all about the b day.
L-BEL. it sounds like the dunes were a blast!  Riley really knows how to drive the razor huh? all I have been hearing is that you always had a huge smile on your face! that's awesome! always keep a smile on your face.. I made a goal this week to put the biggest smile on my face when something doesn't go my way... it helps a ton!
BRNNIE TAY. I think that you can't ever go wrong with getting like a freedom t shirt for Austin for his b day... but you know! whatever! It sounds like the dunes have been awesome and that you had fun! love ya!
Thanks for everything and I´ll talk to you soon!
ELDER TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment