Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Zacamil- Week 17


Hola Panchos!
SO today was a good day... I got a haircut... reluctantly...and a pedicure... it was legit. Hermana Lopez does haircuts and pedicures.. she does the haircuts for free and she gave us both a pedicure for 4 bucks. I thought: Deal. So she cleaned up my feet:) I don't think I'll ever cut my own toenails again...jaja just kidding:) Also today, our district went to go try some exotic food. Armadillo, iguana, etc. I didn't eat any... not because I didn't want to because I really wanted to.. but just because it was like 10 bucks a plate for something like that. So I just got a carne asada... and my comp got  armadillo. legit!
So this week, on Friday, I will complete 6 months on my mish... that's legit... I think the thing I'm most excited about is using a new toothbrush. :) You know how they say that you should change your toothbrush ever 6 months? Well, ladies and gentlemen, on Friday I will use my new toothbrush! I'm stoked.
So last week there was a funeral.. Everyone we talked to that day said that we need to be there... so we went. It went well... about as well as a funeral normally goes.. jaja.
I feel like I should explain a little bit about my comp... I think that I have made it sound like I'm having a hard time with  him... definitely not the case... I really do like him! He's an awesome missionary and a really hard worker and has a funny sense of humor. I'm learning a lot from him and it feels almost as though that he's training me more than I'm training him...jaja. I dunno...I think that I have just been missing Elder Coy a little bit... but its all good! My comp is an awesome guy...
So a little bit about the familia Ochoa... I completely forgot about following up about the word of wisdom... so they had been drinking coffee.. Uhh Ohh! Before their baptism... of course... But anyway, the day of their interview, the interviewer asked them about it all and they gave him all of their coffee. I felt really proud of them..It was almost as if they were laying down their weapons of war. Like the Anti Lehi Nephis. I felt so proud of them.. and I let them know it. Then the wife on Saturday told me all about the per-pressure she had been getting from her friends and all that to drink coffee. But she said that she has been withstanding! Normally you have to have them give it up for a while before you can baptize, but the Elder who interviewed them just said that he just felt that they were ready! So that next Sunday morning, we baptized them. It went super well and it was probably my most rewarding  baptism yet... It was so awesome. There is just something different about a whole family. It was awesome!We went to see how they were doing afterwards and their house ever felt different.. They all have the gift of the Holy Ghost!!!! :)
So a few days ago, the cultural event for the temple played again... it was even cooler to see it a second time. I don't know if you all saw it, but maybe it is on lds.org now??? it would be worth it to check it out.
So remember when I said that there was an Elder that looks like Abed from the show called community? Well that Elder is now the AP (assistant to the pres) He is really funny. He came out for soccer in like everything the whole she-bang!.. he had a Manchester United jersey on but it actually looked like he played for Manchester... it was hilarious! It was like he was dressed up for Halloween.. exactly like something that Abed would do. Jaja
We have found a lot of new families. We are teaching like four new families... the only problem is that they all have to get married... its ridiculous. So basically we are going to be pros at putting together weddings... jaja...
So there is still quite a bit of gossip in our ward/stake. It is actually really funny. We had an activity on Saturday and there was some prepared dances that were pretty cool. Then the girl that everyone thinks is my girlfriend got up with a few people and started their dance. I was taking pictures of everybodys acts... .but I turned to look at the audience and like ALL of our ward was looking at me!! I was like, What the bloody hell are you looking at? I guess that was pretty funny, as well... but you know, whatever. I guess I haven't lost any of my skills with the women... jaja  just kidding...
Anyway, thank you for all of your letters and stuff! I was able to watch the videos today...  the song is cool! and Roxy looks tired... but she'll hang in there... :)The shower looks sweet as well!
Anyway, I love you all! I love you mum. I love you dad. I love you lady. I love you L. I love you B.
SALU PANCHOS!
ELDER TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment