Monday, June 13, 2011

3rd Week at the MTC

Hey Familia!

 Thanks for all the letters and love and support and prayers!  I got a lot this week not only from you guys but also from lots of friends.  Including our whole other Thornton side of the family... you know: Duane, Diana and like all of their kids and families all wrote a letter and but them all in a box and then filled it with candy and a tie and a few other doo-dads and sent it off to me! It was a huge surprise and I was very grateful.  It was cool to see the drawings some of the little ones drew of me also:)  I also got your package full of chips and salsa and stuff! That was a nice surprise and my district/people from my zone really loved and enjoyed it as well:)  then I got another with my card and the book and the new bear... Thank you for getting all that stuff for me!  Now I just have like a butt-load of letters to respond to as always.. But its good!  What else am I going to do on P-Day right?  Anyway.. so the picture my roomate drew? Yeah, my comp is really buff and that one kid is like 6'5" and those things you thought were bags are missionary name-tags of two elders that got transfered to advanced spanish and left yesterday.   That's cool that you're thinking of using those rosetta stone things.. That would be fun! We could talk spanish and stuff...And you coached primary softball? That's cool! I guess they just always want Thornton's to coach or something...jaja:)  It sounds like you guys are gonna have fun at Bears Ears!  Tell everyone Hi for me! And take pictures... you know, because I've never been there and stuff.. jaja.  And I'll send my card home like two weeks before so you can send it back... It would take too long to upload on these computers.  Last week I sent my email with 8 sec left on the timer and then it logged me out... jaja.  So I use like every second they give us on these computers.  That's pretty crazy how big austin is getting... I'm gonna be a malnourished gringo salvadorean when I get back... He'll be like a Tongan! So scott got mouth surgery huh? That kinda stinks... but at least its over right?  And that's cool that you guys went over there to have the church lesson.  I did forget my headlamp... but you can keep it until I get close to leaving or am already there... I've got a flashlight so I'm all good!  So Dad, you went to Eldon last week? That's so cool.. How was the weather? I bet it was a ball... That's still the only thing I miss doing.. pedaling up a mountain.. torturing myself... weird that I miss that, right? haha... But it sounds like it was a blast and THE DIESEL is getting super strong:)  And it sounds like Youth conference was awesome!  I bet you all did awesome.  Austin, I'll send a letter. Along with ellie and brynn.  I'll probably actually be sending another letter for everyone regardless... But let's get down to the nitty gritty.........

This week was pretty good. We had a great fast and testimony meeting on Sunday and mission conference which was really cool.  Then on Tuesday, Yoshihiku Kikuchi of the seventy came to talk to us.  the same guy that spoke at out stake conference when Tim was called to the stake presidency.  that was super cool.. He is such a great speaker and he's funny and If you remember his conversion story... it was awesome... maybe i'll have enough time to write it in a letter.   Anyway... no new districts inour zone this week so that took a huge workload off my comp's and my shoulders..  Just chillando now! Also, if you can find a way to look it up: look up elder holland's miracle of a mission devotional that he gave to the MTC a few years back... It is absolutely amazing! Anyway... I'm doing well and so is my comp.  Thanks for everything! I wouldn't be where I'm at today without you guys and one of the presidency members told me to thank you for him as well. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment