Monday, October 22, 2012

La Torre- Week 65



So, a very uninteresting week. I went to the toe Doctor on Tuesday and she said my toe was bad... so I had to wait a week and take a bunch of antibiotics. But she also said to stay inside all week. There was another Elder in my zone that also had an ingrown so basically we just chilled all week in the house... the week went by super fast.. we just studied and played monopoly all week.. jaja! But it was fun to live as four missionaries for a week. Tomorrow we are going into San Salvador for them to take it out... should be pretty interesting:) jaja but for that reason of being in the house all week, my letter may or may not be a little short:)
 
We had a baptism on Saturday! It was the Doctor. She was so excited. And now she has been bringing her son to church as well so that he can be baptized. The branch president baptized her:) It was very rewarding and I was very happy for her. She has almost finished the book of Mormon for the second time... she will be an excellent asset for this branch.
I finished the Isaiah chapters of the book of Mormon this week... it was a lot easier to understand after studying Isaiah  for about a month... great are the words of Isaiah!!!!
The other family in the picture is the familia Corleto. They used to be a happy family in the church. But the gangs killed the father and set one of  the two sons on fire. The two sons are pretty wayward, but the daughter is super faithful and reminds me a lot of Ashlyn(in case you don't know what that means, that means incredibly awesome) and the mom hasn't been coming to Church for the past month.. They love the missionaries and treat them like their own family.They feed us every Sunday and they are actually taking us out for Boston ice cream tonight. We had a short lesson yesterday and I feel like we helped the mom out a lot... she said that she doesn't have the desire to go to church anymore and she wants more than anything to actually have that desire again. It was days like yesterday during that lesson that remind me of how much I love to do what I do.. helping people. Being a missionary. I love it!
I guess I'll bear my testimony or something... jaja...
Jesus Christ is my King and my Savior. He is my friend, My best friend. My teacher, my advocate. My strength as I pass through this life of probation. I bow to Him continually, especially every morning and night. I worship Him. It is through Him that I may have the gift of Eternal life. I feel his amazing grace every day and I love and serve him. Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives: I know that my Redeemer lives. I add my testimony to many others that have been given of Him: "I testify that He is the Son of the Living God, who was crucified for the sins of the world. He is our Lord, our God and our King. This I know of myself, independent of any other person. I am one of His witnesses and in the coming day, I shall feel the nail marks in His hands and in His feet and shall wet His feet with my tears. and I shall not know any better then, than I know now that He is God´s Almighty Son, That he is our Savior and Redeemer and that salvation comes in and through His atoning love and in no other way" I love Him. and I know that as we begin to understand the atonement, we will use that awesome gift more and more to be made clean. For through Him, that miracle is made possible. In His Holy name, amen.
Mum, I love you and thank you for everything. You are really awesome and I am lucky to have been raised by you.. I love you!
Dad, sounds like the week went a little not according to plan, but that's how life is I guess... trial after trial after trial.. I love you and thank you for being you.
Austin, I had a thought this week that may or may not help you... my comp told me about an 80 year old lady that got baptized and received her patriarchal blessing. It said that she was supposed to have received the gospel 50 years earlier but the missionary that was supposed to find her did not go on a mission. We will be held accountable for what we promised to do in the pre earth life... which led me to start to think about the times that we go on our mission. The age was obviously changed for a reason. And if one doesn't go when they should, think of all the families that they would be missing.. obviously they would be picking up more at the end of the mission, but they could be missing... just a thought:) I love ya bro:)
Ellie, keep on keeping on! always do the right things. And act as if Jesus Christ were at your side everyday.
Brynn, stay super happy all the time! I shuffle every day to stay happy:)
I love you all! SALU!
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment