Friday, October 5, 2012

La Torre- Week 62



Hello family!
So, all I read this morning is that everyone is all fetched off because I supposedly didn't write a letter last week! Throw me a freaking bone! Its like the ms gang is hunting me down now... cuz I didn't write a letter... but little did you all know, I DID WRITE A LETTER! I just forgot to put it in the right address.... whoops!.. SORRY!.. but anyway... come what may and love it, right?
So I guess I´ll just start with my letter for this week..
Elder Scurr is a district leader in our zone and he always has such a great attitude about everything! Even though his area is a little hard and the members live in apostasy... and he is really good at shuffling.. so he tells me and many others that whenever your down, shuffle... everyday, when your down whenever... just keep shuffling! so I try to shuffle every day for a little bit:)
I really like my comp a lot! he kinda seems like he thinks that he knows a lot , I have a lot of fun with him... one, he is experienced, and he knows how to work and he knows how to laugh. The time has been going so much faster since I got put with him, maybe because I don't have to worry about what my comp is doing or something like that, because he already knows what to do! And he is really smart and knows the doctrine:)
So we have been working in a small city called Apastapeque. And it is super golden! We knock like one street and have like 8 new investigators! Its super awesome! So we travel to that area about once or twice a week:) The thing is that at night, there are no more buses that go into San Vicente, so we do a little hitch hiking into the city... its pretty fun:) Lots of people at NAU would hitchhike from the resort, to the campus. super hippie:) Remember when I went to school without shoes for like two months? yep, awesome.. Loved that school.
Speaking of school, one of these days, maybe like in December, you guys will have to talk to NAU so I can get permish to sign up for class from here.. just a heads up.. I was thinking I was going to change my major and still do the pre-med requirements.... I was kinda thinking Spanish, or music production (producing music)... can you look into that please? at least the majors? Please and thank you.
WE HAD A BAPTISM ON FRIDAY! ... he wanted me to baptize him and I was very honored. He has been ready for baptism for a long time, but the president of the branch wanted to wait for a little extra preparation for him for who knows what, but he is very cool and is a teacher in the Aaronic priesthood now:)
For Christmas, definitely don't need socks, shirts, or pants... just so you know:) but I would like the things that I described in my last letter that y'all didn't get... plus, my Debussy piano book porfa:)
So the bomb took a phase two yesterday because we had the third hour of the 5th Sunday of the month. Ít was off the hook! First, we did a bungee lesson.. I think I explained what a bungee lesson was a long time ago, it is basically a short lesson filled with testimony.. So we did a practice with the branch pres (as if he were an inv.) in front of the branch to show them all how we teach as missionaries. Then, the classic RIP TEAR. you know all about that. That has my trademark on it. Then we came with a new little project called JAM ON. (Jam on lee!) Jam on is getting the members to do something.. so we gave them all folletos with a sticky note on it so that they could give the folleto to one of their friends and write the address and name of the person on the sticky and give the sticky to us. We already got one! So I think that I received a little revelation... maybe there are some people that have references ( like the branch pres in this case) that wont give us references unless we ask. Just like God sometimes doesn't give us blessings unless we ask. anyway... JAM ON! Also, DON'T STOP TILL YOU GET E-NUFF. Meaning, you got to follow up with the members and make sure they DON'T STOP. (Also, Elder Cook came up with that to have us always fight for families) But we changed it to fit the bomb.,. so the BOMB is the overall project, but has sub projects to help it... such as the BUNGEE, RIP TEAR, JAM ON, and DON'T STOP TIL YOU GET E-NUFF. So yeah... hope we see some progress there!
I like my area! Its one of the coolest areas I have had for working.. The members, good ... I think Valle Nuevo will be the best in that sense... but also Nuevo Lourdes had the bomb take off! So that makes a little competition... but as for working and cool stuff in our area? This is by far the coolest:)
Mum, I love you and thanks for all you do for me! Thanks for the letter and sorry mine didn't get to you last week:) my bad Thanks for everything!
Dad, sounds like that trip was way legit! Glad you had fun! I hope all goes well with the meeting tomorrow,.,. if the bright family wouldn't have had a son that doesn't know how to type, maybe my advice would have helped! jajajaja... oh well... love ya pops!
Austin,,, to help you with your question, you can read 2 Nephi 4.. its my favorite chapter.. from like vs 15 to the end... take into account that Nephi had seen everything that John the revelator saw and a boatload of things that Isaiah saw.. and he still felt inferior.. basically if you are feeling that, you are felling what you call Godly sorrow, a necessary step for repentance... and it doesn't matter who you are... Everyone will always have a need for repentance. That chapter will help ya I think:) love ya!
Ellie and Brynn, holy crap, when I saw the fotos of your guys, I almost flew out of my chair.. you guys have gotten BIG! Ellie's almost as tall as Austin and Austin is taller than me! holy moly! Definitely haven't seen a picture of you guys in like 6 months! Both of you are huge! Congrats. anyway, love ya!! come what may and love it! (sick talk I read this morning... his last talk before he died)
I love you all and I hope you are not too distraught with the no letter last week:) jaja.. have a good week!
SALU

No comments:

Post a Comment