Thursday, December 22, 2011

Zacami-Week 22




HOLA!
Hows everything going? From all of your letters, it sounds like it is going great! This week has been pretty good for me... I felt like it went by really slow, but by the time its p -day again, I think the week has gone by super fast!  I have been having a lot of trouble with patience. I learn time and time again that people are more important than time. But its tough to remember. My comp is pretty much a Johnny Raincloud like all the time... so its hard for me to stay positive and smile a lot when he constantly looks at the glass half empty. He kinda complains a lot... which drives me crazy. He seems almost depressed for like a few days... and then he'll suddenly have a happy day where he will actually try and talk to people... but anyway.. the change is almost over so it'll be good for a change.. I like him and stuff... most of the time...on those bad days he has, I always ask him what I can do to make him happy.... then he says that me asking makes it worse... I don't know really what to do... other than endure to the 4 of JAN! jajaja
But anyway, other than that, everything is going great! The 24 and 31`of this month are when the people here celebrate The 25 is just like a normal day.... so we already have like 5 families that want us to come by... so I'm planning on eating a little bit in every house....:)
That little girl that got baptized about a month ago gave me an early Christmas gift. It was that stuffed dog in the picture that I sent. Then she gave me a big hug. It was awesome... I felt honored:)
This week we also got new mattresses! LEGIT! COMFORT!
Hermana Elizabeth and Rosa and Veronica went to do baptisms for the dead in the temple on Saturday! It was insane...Hermana Elizabeth was just like glowing... she was so excited.... and I was too! There's nothing better than seeing someone you baptize go to the temple. I was ecstatic.
This week also was the camping EFY thing that they do here called SOY. It was definitely a success. In sacrament yesterday all of the youth were to give their testimony and what they learned at SOY... all of them said it changed their lives.... stuff like that is just what the people need here... strength. They were all crying and stuff... just like our testimony meetings that we have done in our ward in the past./ my EFY... legit.
So we are teaching this family and we taught them about the word of wisdom and the things that you shouldn't do....then they had the question about pills from a doctor... then I had the idea (or in other words Heavenly Father put the idea in my head) to tell that joke about the guy sitting on the roof top in a flood... and there was like a boat and helicopter that came telling him to get on to save him... but he kept saying that God was going to save him... Then he died and asked God why he didn't save him... then God says, "well I sent a helicopter and a boat and you didn't get on!" I related that to the pills from doctors... it went pretty well.. it wasn't in like a laughing format or anything like that... but it was like one of those ah ha moments for them...but they are a really great family.
Also, Evangelical churches down here are more strict in their "rules" than our church... weird!
Also, we had a baptism yesterday!!! YAY!! FINALLY! It was the baptism of Carmen Concepcion Chavez.... it was legit.. she asked me to baptize her and I was honored.. She is really awesome and will make a great member of the church. She has been a tender mercy for us... we found her on a fast Sunday where a guy gave us a false address... so then we found her.... she is awesome. I can not express the feeling you get when you bring someone to Christ... you cannot put it into words.... But Carmen has a sister... she will be a little harder to work with just because she has already been baptized in another church and active in that church... but.... she has a bad kidney...so she's got a lot of problems... she was married... her husband left her when she got sick... she lost a baby in that marriage... she lives with her three dogs... basically her life sucks... but she has the best attitude about everything...we read the first part of D&C 121 and 122 with her and she really liked that... she has so much faith that God will take care of her and she has the best attitude... she always has a smile on her face... she is an example to me....and should be for my comp!!! I just thought of that right now, as i was typing! Geeze. I just gotta talk to him about her! Thanks family for that idea...
So I know that my next package probably wont be until my birthday... but I do want a few things... ipods are against the rules so I need some Cd's! there's kinda a lot on my list... but we should have all of them except maybe like one... but here's the list:
rob Gardner... the three discs... the Joseph smith one... he is Jesus Christ.... and Lamb of God.... I'm pretty sure that's what they are called:)
Mix of Jon Schmidt
mix of Jim Brickman
Steven C
Reflections of Christ
Alex Boye
men of Mormon tab choir
movie mix ( like from pirates, gladiator, UP, Harry potter 6)
William Joesph... the 2 Cd's  within.... and beyond
and like my classical Debussy stuff
And one more called the vitamin string quartet... or something like that... but they do like coldplay songs but in all strings! so that would be legit...
and anything else that you think that I might like!
also, I would like to have that teeth whitener bleach to put in your retainers if that's cool...
and a new buzzy Gillette razor because mine broke..
and whatever else you think I might need:)
But thank you in advance! you guys are so awesome!!
Mum,Thank you for your letter! I always enjoy reading letters:) also.. I'll call on Friday or Saturday to tell you the plan for Sunday... but here's the deal... I can only call to tell you when I'm calling... and you can't cry.... deal? va...and yes we found a house that has skype so we are gonna skype it up!!! I'm so excited to talk to you all! But yep... thank you for all the sacrifices that you made for me to get me out here.. you are pretty darn amazing, mum. It was you that got my eagle, got me through high school, got me into college and got me on a mission... thank you for everything. and I do love the little notes on the tree... thank you! (and Ellie and whoever else helped:) I love you mum!
Dad, it sounds like you can recognize the marmot's! jaja. I hope they turn out to be a cool family! and yeah, I decided that I will probably need to do a cleanse when I get home to cleanse out my stomach and all the parasites I've probably got growing in there... jaja... but I haven't had any problems with my stomach! so that's all good.. but it sounds like everything is going good! I hope the dunes goes good this year! Alma 37:37. love you pops!
Austin, freak! you are just going to have to make the dunes legit.. that's what its all about... we didn't do anything that you guys cant do! you gotta shoot some fireworks at each other and stuff...and Ash does ac-dec? freak! I had no idea.... but anyway...have a lot of fun this week... don't forget to read your scrips and stuff. love ya!
Ellie. Gracias por todo! te agradezco por todo lo que has hecho para mi! el arbol es super chivo y yo estoy bien agradecido por ti y por tu ejemplo.. TE QUIERO Y FELIZ NAVIDAD!
Brynn, are you pretty darn excited for Christmas? I know that I am! I cant wait to be able to talk to you all! but here's the deal... you cant cry... deal? cross your heart. Cross it! good... no going pack:) (UP) love ya!
I love you all and I'll talk to you all in a bit! HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
ELDER T

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo Tanner! Look at how awesome he is! How great you guys get nice, long letters from him! I hope you are all doing well! Enjoy Skyping on Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete