Monday, September 19, 2011

Zacamil-Week 9




Hey Familia,
Holy sod. What a week! First, I´ll start with the most exciting part
of the week. We went out with the Seventy and the Area Presidency of
Central America! Hombre... that was sooooo cool! We visited three
families... I taught the first and my comp taught the second two.. well we both taught,
but you know, for the most part.
I taught this lesson that I learned at institute at NAU. Its about studying the
scriptures. Because the family that I taught is pretty darn lazy with
their scripture reading. We read a few scriptures and then we did this
activity. Everyone was going to pretend that they are dying.
They only have 1 week left to live. I told them to write what they
wanted their kids to know on a piece of paper. Everyone wrote
including Elder Martino. We took maybe five min. I wrote as well.
Everyone, from what I could tell, wrote from their heart... just what
I wanted. I collected their papers and told them that I was going to pretend
to be their kid that was reading their letters a year after they died. I started
pretending to read for a little bit and then I crumpled, ripped and
tore all the papers without taking the time of day to read anything.
Then I asked, how would you feel if your children really did that? Then I
drew the connection between that and what the scriptures are to us.
How sometimes we take them for granted when they are for our profit
and learning. It turned out really really good. They have really started
to read. Then the husband had a dream about the Book of Mormon.. But
he didn´t finish the dream.(baptism) He says that he wants it to be true, but
he wants to be sure.. he also said that there is nothing bad in the
Book of Mormon, he just wants to know of a surety. After we had left,
my comp taught the next house with another object lesson with shakes
and smoothies. It turned out good... but Elder Martino said that that
family needs better understanding before baptism. Then the we taught the last family

 which was good. When we were done Elder Martino came to our apartment to talk for a little bit before his ride came. He said something like: Its not everyday that you
have a general authority come into your house. jaja. He talked to us
about the lessons and the families. He said he was really surprised
with my Spanish. And even more surprised when I started to tear up the
notes that everyone had written. But, he said that he was so excited to
go out with us and that we did a great job. That morning we had a
multizona... or zone conference... with him. He said that the mission
is the MTC for life. And that you will never be higher than you were
on your mission. The mission is awesome. We found out the next day
that he went to another zone conference on the other side of the
mission... the far east side. I guess we were the topic of 20 min of
Elder Martinos talk. A few elders that were in our district were all
excited for us. We found out last night that after he returned to
the house of the mission president, he didn´t stop`talking about us all night.
I guess he thought we were zone leaders. He found out that we weren´t
and said that we should be.. jaja.. So we are on good terms with the
president again. jaja. So in other words.. all the gossip is gone!
 No ones talking about us anymore.. at least that I know of... I would definitely say that its a
blessing. To have that experience with him and to have all the gossip gone. :)
At the multi zona, some new missionaries were saying that this is
hard. That the mission is hard. Well, it is hard.. but I have not once
felt that. I´m working hard and everything.. but I only feel what
Lance told me before I left. The mission was the easiest two years of
his life. Don´t get me wrong.. its hard work and I´m working hard.. but
its so easy. So easy because I know that I´m doing exactly what I´m
supposed to be doing.

A good example: There's this super old guy in our ward that lives on
the fourth floor of this apartment building. He´s like 87 years old or
something and he walks to church. Which is about a mile away. He has
to leave two and a half hours early to get there fifteen min. before church
starts. If you don´t go to church because you have some stupid
reason.. look to the example of Julio Vesquez.
So there is a very heavy American influence here. That's why I hear so
much music. And at times, I hear some really weird music.. like not
very common and I´m always super surprised to hear it . This week I
heard Passion Pit. I also heard fix you. That was awesome.
Californiacation by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is really popular here.
You just hear stuff wherever you go. Its like people can't live in
silence here for more than 5 min. I guess its kinda the same in the
states.. jajaja

Padre Tanner!

The 15 of Sept is El Salvador's Independence Day. That's pretty crazy.
Theres parades and fire works and stuff. Every ones out of their houses
which made a soddy day of work.. but it was cool!

Sometimes I just find myself smiling. Its weird.. ´Then I say to
myself.. Tanner, why are you smiling? Then I say: I just like smiling,
smiling´s my favorite:) Also, its super cool when you really start to get to know
the people in the ward.  The ward has only like 100 people,
so its easy to get to know a lot of people. Yesterday in church,  the
cutest little girl just comes running at me yelling elder! And gives
me the biggest hug around my knees. You really aren´t suppose to like
provoke it, but when they run at you with that cute little face, you
just cant resist. It reminds me of my little cousins:)
Also, we had 10 investigators at church yesterday. We had three
families and 10 investigators. That was awesome. Elder Coy said that
normally that never happens.
Speaking of Elder Coy, he´s doing a lot better. He´s never down and
always happy. It was his plan A that broke up with him.. but he´s all
good!

Mum, no I still haven´t got your package, but I´m thinking that I will
get it this Thursday... but we´ll see.. jaja. I was also thinking
about getting a couple hammocks but they are pretty expensive, if you
want it to say El Salvador.. what do you think? should I get a couple?
I probably wont have an opportunity to buy one like that again in the
mission.. Elder Coy said that he´s never seen ones like that.. also, I
decided that if you and dad wanna come visit, that would be cool.
After I´m released. Its not as bad as I thought.. now that I know where and
where not to go.. how to deal with people and how to talk..but I don´t
wanna be released.. so that means the three of us will come back after
I´m home:) sound good? OK! Thanks for everything mum. I love you.
Dad, How was the dunes? It sounded like it was a blast.. I´ve always
wanted to go to those dunes.. but it sounds like it was a killer
drive.. jaja. are you still riding your bike? Also, did the jaw bones
ever get in? not that it really matters right now.. they will still be there when I
get back.. just curious. And I hope you and mum have lots of fun in
Dublin! Get me something Irish! jaja love you pops
Phillip, GOOD WORK! You´re date is pretty darn good looking.. it sounds like
it was all a blast! She seems like a really great girl. Like really
cool from what you say of her. I´ve got a movie for you to watch.. its
called Suits on the Loose. It is absolutely hilarious! You´ve got to
watch it. You will laugh your guts out. Its about these two
"missionaries".. one is black and hilarious.. jaja. Keep reading your
scrips brotha! love ya
Ellie: whats going on? I hope everything is going good! I show yours
and Brynn's picture to almost everyone I talk to! Keep up the good
work.
B, hows it going? it sounds like gym is going good and you are getting
good! and having lots of fun with all your friends! love ya
TTT  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment