Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Zacamil- Week 10


Hi familia,
Thanks for all your letters this week. Its awesome getting letters and stuff. But its even more awesome when you get a package! Thank you all! Very, very cool. Those little toffee candies remind me of dads old office in Tempe when he always had them on his desk... jaja. But, something that you should probably know... They have honey bunches, and actually a lot of stuff you sent. I dont normally buy it here so it was nice for little bit of a change in diet... but I don't want you to spend a bunch of money to send stuff that I could get here... There's a lot of stuff you sent that I can't get here though... But all in all, THANK YOU! and my comp is really thankful as well. I love you guys and you are awesome to always be thinking of me:)
So some bad news: I left my memory card in an internet cafe last week and it got stolen and I lost all of my fotos. I was really depressed for a day. But I hope that you have been saving them! I didn't send all of them home, but I hope I sent all the good ones :)
So me and my comp were thinking it would be really funny to make a movie about our companionship. We are always laughing and doing funny stuff and we always say stuff like, "This would be great for our movie" jaja. The name of the movie could be: The ELDERS. Kinda catchy right?
So someone asked a couple weeks ago about the soda down here... They have pretty much all the same kinds that we do in the US, but one that they dont have is called Kolashanpan. Its really, really good. At first it tasted really weird, but its probably my favorite down here. jaja. too bad. I don't really like soda.. jaja
So, for the Drama: Its pretty funny when you go to a baptism in the ward and half of the ward looks at you like they hate you and half like they love you. Its still all that gossip and stuff... But the most recent is that everyones all ticked at me because I wont teach a primary kid the piano. But to be fair, we brought it up to the president this week and he said that we dont have time to teach piano. But whatever... I dont care what people think of me.. Its my calling as a missionary to preach the gospel.... not piano... jaja. I actually find it pretty amusing. but,whatever.
Has Elder Martino called you guys yet? Maybe he can't until he goes to the states for general conference?? Maybe He'll speak! That would be awesome.. jaja.
There's this family that we have been teaching, se llama la familia Crespin. There's 4 girls, mom, and 2 boys. We have been visiting them for months... but they still haven't budged towards baptism. They know that the BOM is true. I know that they do. It just sucks the death out of you because they won't commit! We go by their house almost every sunday to bring them to church and they always have some kind of excuse for us. When just the day before they said that they could go.... JUST COME TO CHURCH!
So, sometimes people think that I'm a lot older than I really am. One lady said that I look like I'm thirty. The average guess is around 25. I wont have that, I wont have it!! So I decided to grow my hair out a bit to appear a little bit younger. Good idea right? Yeah, I thought so too:) For the record, I'm not even close to going bald yet! In fact I'm not going bald. Its genetics 101. If I go bald, it wont be because of dad. jaja
So sometimes gang members get on the buses and demands money from everyone. My comp always told me that it happens but I didnt really believe until this week.....So I got robbed again. Not everyone paid him, but because I'm white, he said it was necesery. I heard that sometimes if you dont have money, you could get stabbed or something... anyway, cool beans!
Also, our district leader is kinda funny... We called him every night to give our numbers and stuff. last monday, we asked him how his p-day was. He was like, "Buenismo! I took a nap for an hour without one mosquito bite!" It probably doesn't sound very funny... but if you knew him.. jaja
D&C 129- good to know if you're gonna be in latin america. Thats all i'm gonna say...
So last week we had lots of investigators to church right? So the president called us to ask us how we are doing it... because we always have good numbers for sacrament meeting attendence. His wife takes notes, so she talked to me because she doesn't speak great spanish.. well she does, but she just wanted to be sure... anyway, so I talked to her, I sounded like Michael from the office talking to David Walker about his branch.. about how they are doing so good... to say the least, I sounded like a retard...I tried to tell her what we are doing but I didn't know what to say! But I figured it out later... we are working smart... we not killing ourselves like some missionaries. We are just working smart. If I had to give advice to anyone going on a mission... Just work smart..................Later that week, we had interviews with the president. He said something about me that I really liked..He said that I reminded him about a quote that Neal A. Maxwell said.. something about plants being low maintenance and high yield. He said that he dosen't really have much to say to me because everythings going good! and I dont have any problems to tell him, so he said that I'm low maintenance and high yield! That was kinda cool... I guess thats what I've always been taught right? From you guys... thanks mum and dad...Anyway, it made me feel good... But once again I'll say that I dont boast in myself, only in my God.
Thats so awesome about Mons. It sounded like he did great and stuff. And he goes in next week which is also awesome... I have been blessed with the best friends anyone could ask for. Cody is gone, Mons is leaving, Hunter is almost done.. Its crazy awesome how blessed I've been with my friends.
Family History: DO IT! You were doing it for a little while, but continue to do it... because it is super importante!
Today, we went to a place called Soyapango. We met the other panchos that got moved from our district.  They came into the capitol today so we went to go see them.. That was pretty awesome. I miss those guys. I got pictures, but I'm at a computer super chafa.. so I can't send pictures... sorry.
I took the lead in a lesson this week.. I actually do that quite a lot, why are you so surprised? But anyway, how to recognize the spirit... For this super bueno familia. Anyway, I focused on a scripture in Alma 32. verses 27-33 with emphasis on 28. Because, if I remember right, its kinda the same way that dad felt before he got baptized. Which reminds me... Mum, dad, I want hand written copies of your conversion stories.. all the details. how you felt, when was the pivotal moment, why you let the missionaries in?... all that jazz. Please and thank you:)
Dad, thanks for everything. You have no idea how much you have taught me. Alma 38:2-3 is one of the scriptures that I can say changed my mission. Lots of missionaries have scriptures that they say changed their mission. I know that I dont have a lot of time in the mission, but that always changes my attitude. Thanks pops.. also, thanks for the JB's! I sometimes get these cravings to do stuff here in the mish. Like two weeks ago... I had a craving to ride my bike, this week has been wakeboarding in lake powell. Who knows what this week will bring? But thanks for everything dad. I love you.
Mum, HI! thanks for the package and making sure that I have everything and all that jazz. You do more for me than you think. and I notice more things than you think.. I hope that Dublin is awesome! Bring me back something Irish! jaja I love you.
Austin, I forgot to mention that you started doing your hair like Cristiano Ronaldo. Sick. I'm glad that you had fun at HC and the day activity was all thumbs up. Just hang in there and read your scriptures before you start your homework. Love you brotha
Ellie, Sounds like everythings going good! Sounds like you are liking choir and all that. Good, stick with it. and the piano. practice practice practice. And I guess I'm finally moved out of the house if you're gonna take over my room...:( salu panchos... jaja just kidding.. love ya!
Brynn, Dont put up with any crap. Do what you gotta do. don't let anyone push you around. But more importantly, read your scriptures and pray every morning and night. love ya!

Hey love you all and Salu!
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment