Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Zacamil-Week 8

Hey Familia,
So yesterday was 9'11. Weird its already been ten years. I remember that day perfectly. Even though I was only in fourth grade, I remember everything. Mum was sitting on the ottoman and just started crying. Then Mr. Stewart tried to teach but couldn´t really do it. It just doesn´t seem like its been that long.
Thanks for your letters! I always love to read how everything is going. I had my first dream in Spanish this week! I´ll probably put that down in my top 5 accomplishments of my life...jaja. also, I´m pretty darn sure that its Brimley´s birthday this week. Tell her happy birthday for me!
The past couple weeks, the world cup in fútbol playa (beach soccer) has been on. And El Salvador killed it. Out of the hundreds of nations in the world, little, tiny, poor El Salvador took fourth! Very very cool for the people in El Salvador. The cool thing is that every other country that was there has leagues that play in their countries. El Salvador doesn´t. They aren´t even professional players. They are fishermen in a place called La Union and they just play for fun. I think that is why they did so well. Because they have nothing else to play for other than the love of the game. They play with all their heart and not for money. They are so humble and when they got into the top four bracket, Winning against Italia (in Italy) , it was so cool to see just how excited they were. They didn't play for the money, Just playing with all their heart. Elder Coy actually knows some of the players, because he was in that area.
So Friday we had our p day. Its a long pointless story. But that is why I´m writing so late today. Because today isn't really our p day.
So the day when I heard the coldplay song. I just knew that it was going to be a good day. From the very start, we went to go get our breakfast and for some reason I had that Jonas brothers song stuck in my head, "Music´s in my soul. I can fell it everyday and every night its the one thing on my mind. music´s in my soul". I just want to play my music loud! anyway, I got the chills as I was singing this song and I just couldn´t stop smiling. Later I heard the new song!. It was the" Every teardrop is a waterfall". I can play it on the piano now.. jaja. My ear has been getting better since I left, because usually I have to listen to things over and over, but I´ve figured out a bunch of songs that I never have played before. But anyway, I think the song is crazy good. And that is so cool, Austin! That people think it reminds them of me! jaja. I am the number 1 coldplay fan in the world. I want to be Chris Martin! jaja. Anyway, about music, I heard the band Phoenix this week. I thought that was weird because that is not a very common band.. especially for Latinos. Anyway. Also, Death Cab for Cutie has been in my head this week. I thought dad might like the narrow stairs album. Its kinda funky.. like pink Floyd.. ish.. "I will posses your heart" made me think that dad my like it. Listen to it!
Elder Coy´s girlfriend broke up with him this week. That was kinda a roller coaster. He handled it really well. I kinda just let him do what he needs to do to forget about it.. so sometimes we exercises for a really long time, but he is always a lot happier.. anyway.
I had to tell someone that their baptism wasn´t valid this week. That was nerve racking. jaja. We were on splits with a couple of kids preparing to go on missions so I talked for like an hour and a half over baptism to try and prepare to tell them. And they took it alright... I think.. we haven´t been back yet since then.. jaja
You asked about all the gossip in El Salvador. It is because they all watch these telenovelas all day every day. So they naturally look for drama in every single thing. It kinda sucks. But stake conference was this weekend and Elder Martino, a 70 member came and spoke to us. He started his mission in El Salvador when Guatemala  and El Salvador were one mission. He said very clearly to everyone in the congregation NO VELAS. And he made everyone repeat it like three times. It was sick. So he knows all about those types of problems that we have. I sure hope that it hits some people. The next day, on Sunday, he talked a little about marriage. He talked about our  mission president and his wife because they are in our stake. They spoke as well. Hey asked the congregation how we could tell that our president and his wife love each other. He called on someone and she gave her answer. I thought about what I would have said. It didn´t take me long to figure it out. I know that he loves his wife because he looks at his wife the same way that Dad looks at Mum. Thanks Mum and Dad for loving each other and showing it for us, the kids.  He went on to talk about his marriage. He said there is always differences, but never contention. The same has always been shown in our house. Thank you, Thank You! He went on a little bit more and said, regardless of any situation we are in, we can feel joy through the atonement of Jesus Christ. Regardless of poverty, if we cant feed ourselves or the family, we can still feel joy. Sunday afternoon, we got a call from The President. He was like, I dont know how to tell you this, but Elder Martino waqnts to go out with some missionaries on Tuesday and I have chosen you and Elder Coy to go out with him. Would that be alright? Of course that would be alright president!  jaja. So tomorrow, we are going out on divisions with a member of the 70 and the area president of Central America. Nothing unusual right? jaja, Not! That is amazing!
I forgot to mention that we had a baptism on Saturday. Our president and his wife actually came. We baptized hermana Elizabeth. remember her? She is the one holding the picture of the temple in the picture I sent last week. It was a beautiful baptism. I cant figure out how to send pictures on this computer so I´ll send some next week! I baptized her, and she is another convert of gold.
We visited a family this week, they our  in our stake and we just went to pick up a movie that we had left, but the sister sat us down and talked with us about her daughter who is married to a fool (her words)who doesn´t do anything. Then she said something else that hit me. She said that a common phrase for a missionary is: is there anything that I can do for you before we leave? We say it at every house we visit. But she said that often times, after the missionary goes home, they forget to keep asking that . I hope that I will never forget that phrase and I hope to never loose the desire to help and serve others. I don´t want any of you to forget to always offer service either.
Mum, question: what is sustenex? I brought a bunch of those pills,  but I don't know what they do? Also, for the record, I still prefer spandex garments. Its just sometimes I don´t have time to shave my legs so spandex equals bad in that situation... in my opinion.. jaja. Thanks for everything mum. I love you.
Dad, I'm getting a really cool scripture case made for you. My arms are getting huge by the way maybe I'll be able to beat you at arm wrestling . jaja. But I´m glad everything went well with the race! Cool, that the lotoja race was this week. I would like to do both of those when I get back. Also I think another tour might be going on right now??? Maybe the tour de España? I´m not for certain.. maybe it was just a rerun that I saw.. but Thanks for everything dad. I love you.
Stee, whats up brotha! hey thanks for your letter. That's super sweet. All of it. I hope you have a great time at homecoming! Hey thanks for everything brotha! Love ya.
L, Hey I heard you gave a great talk in church! That's my sis right there. And it sounds like every things going good and that you had a great time at the lake! Keep up the good work! practice piano and read the scrips.
B, Hey brynnie!  so you got some braces huh? que chivo eso hombre! I´m sure they were a little bit sore but that's super cool! and that Taft got some on the same day? que chivo hombre. Keep up the good work! Try your hardest at gym! Practice the piano and read the scrips!

Hey I love you all and thank you for everything! Tell Mons congrats on going through the temple for his endowment! Wish I could be there.
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment