Thursday, August 11, 2011

Zacamil~week 3

Hey Familia!!
Whassup wassup??? This week went by waaayyyy fast.  Holy hannah.  I´ve already been gone for almost three months! Insane. It feels like 3 weeks. But all is good! People are funny here. They are super, super humble, but super funny... i think anyway.. People carry around their things on their heads and stuff.  They wear the crocks shoes like its their job. Like people wear toms and vans in the states.  The women  just breast feed in public like no other.  Even when we´re with the bishops wife, its just weird.  When we´re teaching, women just plop it out there.. its like... awwww! What the $&$&Ç??????
But you know.. whatever. I guess I should get use to having to deal with that.  If that's the worst of my problems then I´m doing pretty darn good.
Our house is like 5 miles away from the volcano.. so that's pretty cool.  The rain storms are insane.. I´ve never seen it rain like it does here.  And the lightning storms are even crazier.  They are so cool! I imagine its like the storms and tempests before Christ came to the Americas.  Its pretty much the best. 
So our daily schedule is as follows: I´m starting to get up at 6 to get another half hour of exercise in.  We usually go play futból at 6 30 for about 45 min. Then we go get our pupusas for breakfast, hurry eat and shower and have personal study for and hour. then companion study for 2. then language, then we go to our cooks to go get lunch.  Then we go work. Then we sweat. Then we usually eat dinner at a members house. and then we come back to our house, and I shower again. then its off to bed!
the pupusas are good! I thought they were good from the start... I just threw them all up.. jaja. I had some horchata for the first time this week. It kinda tasted like coffee... I was like.. WHAAAT! jaja. just kidding... but seriously. It was a little weird, but good. Like that mint mojito gum from orbit that Mons got me hooked on that one time.  Weird, but good:)
So we had our baptism on Saturday. That was awesome.  Elder Coy was in the water with me because she was like 80 years old and needed some extra help.  I baptized her. A Very very cool experience.  Only her family was there and that's exactly how she wanted it.  It was awesome because I was there for her first lesson. It wasn´t like I picked her up from a previous missionary.  It was very cool.  We came earlier that day to fill the font, when me and elder Jones were on divisions, but by the time we got there the font was empty!... what?. so we waited for like another hour to fill it up.  We have another baptism this weekend! It was scheduled for the 20th but we decided to move it up so he could see the temple dedication...which is on the 21st.
On Friday, my comp had to go to another area to do interviews because he is the district leader.. So I was left with an elder that came in on the same day as me but was in beginner Spanish.  So basically, We were two gringos that couldn´t speak very good and our comps left us.. jaja.  Everyone in our ward found out and was all upset with my comp...jaja. Elder Jones(the elder i was with) couldn´t speak hardly at all. But that´s OK, because I can understand mostly everything and say what I need to say.  I´m sooooooo glad that I took 4 years of Spanish. I'd be so lost if I didn´t..jaja. But anyway, elder Jones and I found a couple families while we were together.  That´s exactly what we needed. So elder Coy went over there last night and talked with them a bit.  They were bien bien amable.(they use 'bien' here as 'muy') They are Catholic, but they were really positive and such. Our mission president wants another temple announced here by the time we leave.  If every companionship can baptize a family a month, as well as in the other mission, we´ll have it announced next year. So that's really cool. 
But back to the division I had with elder Jones, our area is kinda filled with bolos (drunks) and your suppose to avoid them because they think you have a bunch of money. (i´ve actually been robbed twice, but of only like a doller..ja) But anyway, elder Jones didn´t know that, so we are walking and he decides to go up to a group of bolos and start talking to them... I was like...oh crap!.  Now what am I gonna have to do to get us out of this?... but it ended up being OK... I got us out and later explained that we cant do that.. jaja:)
Yesterday was fast Sunday. We weren´t 5 min out the door when someone came up to us and was like, hey, when does your church meet? and can you come by my house?..... I was like... we should fast everyday! jaja...but it was really cool. Some of our family investigators came to church and it was all peachy.  Until testimony meeting... I kept getting the impression that I should bare my testimony.. but I didn´t. Later I felt the regret and knew that it would have really helped our family investigators. Never again will I fail to follow the promptings del Espíritu Santo.
Everything is good! I´m understanding everyone. I can get my point across to people.
Dad, how´s the training going? When is the point to point? Everything going good? Hows Utah?
Mum ,thanks for everything! You are awesome. Thanks for the letters and making sure I'm OK.
Austin, hows football? you don´t wanna do it next year? jajajaja. how was the summer?
Ellie, I hope everythings going good! What died on you face? jaja(he's really not that mean! its from Psych)
Brynn, I hope everythings good! starting school and all that. Be happy and read your scriptures!
I love you all! have fun in Utah!
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment