Monday, August 15, 2011

Zacamil- Week 4



Qué pasa calavasa?
T-shirt idea: ingrown toenails stink.
jaja... so I forgot my agenda with all my notes that I was gonna use to write all of you, but I´ll do my best to remember everything:) This week was good. Its always good.  Its like time doesn´t exist here. I don't really comprehend time anymore... The weeks fly by like nothing I´ve experienced before. 
I got a haircut this week from a lady in our ward.. I finally got it cut short to the way I would like it. In the mtc, they wouldn´t cut it short enough.  But now its a 1 on the sides and a 2 on top... if I can't wear it long, I want it short!  Speaking of hair, its weird... my hair on the rest of my body doesn´t grow as fast in the humidity.  I was pushing it if I could go a week , but here its  awesome.  So yes, if you´re wondering, I´m still shaving my legs and arms. :)  Maybe its the sweat? I hope my DNA is getting genetically mutated so when I´m back I wont sweat at all. Speaking of genetically muted, I think the bugs here are mutated.  I get mosquito bites under my cloths when I´m in that sheet-sleeping bag.  I think they´ve evolved to be able to pierce through all that.  Not to mention all the mosquito's are the size of small dogs!
Something really cool this week: we finally got our house "clean". Its probably as spotless as it has ever been.  We took a morning and just cleaned up all the garbage, took care of some spiders, mopped ,and cleaned the bathroom, etc.  So its pretty awesome now.  But that night, I went on divisions with a ZL and didn´t get to sleep in the newly cleaned house.  Instead I was in a house filled with spiders.  I. Hate. Spiders! I HATE DEM!! I hate all the spiders in the whole world!! so I was extremely paranoid all night, but I made it through the night and back to our "clean" house.
We had our other baptism on Saturday. It was pretty awesome.  There is no other feeling like bringing the gospel to someone and watching them get baptized.  It's da best!  He's been an investigator of gold.  And I came in on his second lesson, so that was neat!  I confirmed him yesterday.  Talk about nerve racking.  I couldn´t say anything. You talk differently when you´re giving a blessing and I didn´t know how to do it... but my comp said I did good. Better than his previous comp that just went home. He said I need to practice because  his previous comp had never done a confirmation in his whole 2 years. THEN, he brought me into a room and asked me to give a blessing to this guy who had chest pain... i was like... awww man...really? But I did the first part in Spanish and the second in English because my brain was not working.
So an elder from Costa Rica in my zone was talking to me about his companion that came in on the same day as me,because he's having trouble with learning the Spanish and was asking me for advice.  Then he told me that I have the best Spanish that he had ever heard from a north American at one month.  He said I spoke perfect.  Which I  know was a lie, but it felt really good to hear that. But I do not boast in myself. For I boast in my God. For with him I can do all things!  Many miracles have been wrought among this land.  Anyway, so the language is good.  I can understand almost everything and get my point across and spit my thoughts out into conversations.  Again,  I´m so glad that I took 4 years of Spanish because no one else that came with me can speak hardly at all.
We made bread as a district activity with a newly baptized family... it was the coolest thing I´ve ever seen.  He didn´t even use a bowl.  I would send pictures but the elder that usually lets me borrow his camera isn´t with us today.. speaking of that, my cord isn´t recognized on any of the computers down here.. so I´m trying to figure everything out.. I´ll let you know if I need anything:) 
My comp is teaching me a ton.. I´m learning scripture mastery's in Spanish and he´s teaching me songs in Spanish. Everyone loves it when I sing Spanish.. its kinda funny.. Elder Coy will say something like ´canta ventura´and then I´ll sing a song and everyone just laughs. Its pretty enjoyable.. but the thing is, my comp is tone deaf.. I´ve never actually met a person who is like legit tone deaf.. Its pretty funny. At first it really really bothered me because of my "training" :) in music, but now everythings fine:) I still play the piano every week for sacrament meeting. Except they don´t sing the songs correctly so I have to like play to what they sing.. its not like drastically different... its just little timing things. They don´t know any better.. so its all good:) Also, there are songs in Spanish that aren´t in the English hymn book.. so its interesting to play those.. jaja
We played fútbol this morning with our zone... its was really really fun. until I rolled my ankle again.. the ball went over into some grass and I ran up, got the ball, stepped in a hole, and did the same thing I did in the mtc.. luckily not as bad.. but its all good!
I keep finding out,and for some reason it always suprises me, that Spanish is a very affectionate language... I mean, If someone likes you, they tell you.  In English, its not the same at all... Like if I like being around someone... you don't say it, you just hang out with them.. right? There are two hermanas, one from here and one from Guatemala, que me cayen super bien hombre.  And they say the same.  At first I was kinda freaked out.. but I´m learning that's just what they do:) Also everyone and their dog says something about my eyes or asks if I have a novia.. I say no.. and they just give a weird, sly smile.. and I´m like... uhhhh SALUD PUES.  (salud = adios)
So mum, did you make scripture cases for anyone else? ones like mine? cuz if not, sometime I´ll get some made for you.. they´re like 18 bucks a piece. I just had a bunch of cases made for  my scriptures, preach my gospel, my hymn book and all that.. they should be done Thursday.. so I´m pretty excited.. How´s everything going? It sounds like teaching is going good.  Relief Society ?Creo que sí.. How is it with all the kids gone now? quiet? how´s Roxy doing? Tell her to stay alive.  We were able to watch a Manchester game this week.. Well, just the last like ten min.  It was awesome.. and Barca and Real played yesterday and play again on Wednesday.. you don´t find anyone when games like that are going on.. But everythings, good mum! Thanks for everything! Making sure I´m OK and what not.. keep asking me questions if I don´t answer.
Dad, Qué onda, Diesel hombre? sounds like the riding is going awesome. Whats your weight at? I dunno what I´m at now but I´m lighter than I was before I entered the mtc.. My belts prove it! jaja.. But keep riding! Make sure you drink a ton the week of the race.. don´t give in. don´t let up. Keep asking me questions if I don´t answer also.
Austin, Hola pancho! how´s football? school? how was it without the parents for a few days? relief from the wrath? jaja just kidding. BROMA!
Ell bell, how´s it going? sounds like everything is good! schools good and all that.. I never had any of your teachers.. but that's good that your sticking with choir.. stick with piano as well.. if your can play piano and sing, you´re set.  People love that! Don't be exactly half of an 11 lbs. black forest ham.
Brynn, how are you? I hope everythings going good.. sounds like schools going good and all that.  keep trying hard and read your scriptures!
I love you all!
Salud pues
TTT

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure Tanner's letters are some of the funniest things I've ever read :) Glad he's doing well! Thanks for posting these letters! :D

    ReplyDelete