Saturday, July 9, 2011

2 1/2 weeks left!

Hola familia! Como estan? Everything's good here! Last week I met my Mission president and his wife. That was really cool! He's a really cool guy and I can't wait to get out there.  He said there's a new system for training new elders that they've tried in like 6 different countries and it brings out great results! So in short, I will be ready to train someone within two transfers.  So that's pretty cool! Also I shook Elder Christofferson's hand last week! That was awesome!  Then I saw L Tom Perry coming out of the bathroom so that was insane.  Big Man, he is! Also last week, Elder Bednar talked to us about becoming a Preach My Gospel missionary.  That was very helpful.  Then he gave us an apostolic blessing, which was very powerful.  That basically means that he put his hands on all of our heads and pronounced this blessing upon all of us.  Sick.  Then Sunday we had another fireside where Stephen Allen talked to us about how to handle change and to never give up.  Also,  I'm finally completely released from being a ZL.  No more training, no more meetings, I'm free!  Tucker got moved into my district as well so that's pretty cool.  That was a nice surprise:)  Also question: What happens when a letter you send comes back to you and says return to sender?  That happened with a letter to Katie but it came back so I just put it in the mail again... I hope that's what you do...jaja:) I also got to host yesterday!  Which means I get to greet all the new missionaries coming in.  I got to see my buddy Christian and Reece came in yesterday as well.  I saw both of them and that was really cool.  Then I hosted a guy going to my mission and a guy from Italy... but he didn't talk much..soooo.. lo que sea.    Today we saw some elder try and get a sister's address to write her! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen! jaja.  Then he walked by her and gave her his address.  So now I know what not to do;) jaja. 

Mum, thanks for the package!  the shoes are perfect.  I just have one more request before I leave here.  I kinda want the other reflections of Christ book.  The first project.  I know you just sent me a package and you're going to lake Powell, but if it be possible, Could you send me that book as well? I know its a lot to ask for again, and a huge inconvenience,  i love you mum! your the best.. if you can't make that happen, its cool..Seriously. Those projects have just helped me through some tough times and bring things into perspective for me and there's no doubt they'll be hard times on the mish.. But don't make the mistake of thinking something is wrong right now, Everythings fantastic! The best!

Dad, are you getting ready for lake Powell? or are you already there? I dunno if you remember but while I was at school, you sent me a text with the scripture Alma 38:2-3 on it.  I came across it the other day and it made me cry.  Thanks dad! your the best.  That scripture has got me out of a lot of hard times at school, here, just anywhere hard, so thank you. 

Austin, thanks for the pics and letter! I'll send a letter if there's time. 

Ellie, Thanks for the letter! and the union jack bear and the scripture marker! You're awesome.  Stay fresh.  Don't be a giant snapping turtle:)

Brynn, I have a confession.   I've been slacking on putting your bear in pictures.  But I promise I'll do better.  I just forgot about it for about a week and a half so none of my pictures have any but I'll start putting them in now. Sound ok? Love you!

I Love you all!

T

     


No comments:

Post a Comment