Saturday, July 9, 2011

Almost There!


Hey family!

jeez... what a crazy week!  So during the week I write down things that I need to write home about.  I forgot one last week and it was about the Tour de France! Is it over yet? Who won? Who's winning? Which team is doing good? I wanna know it all!

And I'll send a list of "Thorntonisms" next week.. We were just waiting to the end of the MTC to make a list of them all and copy it for all of us.  I also decided that when I get home, I wanna learn french, Portuguese and Italian... I dunno, It just makes sense to know languages! Hearing everyone here and their cool languages makes me wanna learn more of them!  jaja... So for the 4th , we had a special celebration where we sang stuff like Yankee doodle and heard some talks about the declaration and the Founding fathers... Then we went outside and watched the fireworks for the Stadium of Fire... That thing in the BYU stadium.. Pretty cool... Just made me want to be at Lake Powell with all of you... Oh well!  Also I forgot to mention that there's this cool elder form Mozambique here and he speaks like 5 languages! He's so legit... I wanna be him.. or just black... jaja. Also, fun fact: I've really been working on moving my ears.  I'm getting really good.  On Sunday, Dallin H Oaks's daughter came and played the violin for us.  I guess she's like pro and stuff... absolutely amazing.  Best devotional I've been to here at the MTC.  Maybe even better than the apostles coming.  I just learn so much more through music..Her name is Jenny Oaks Baker btw... in case you were wondering. Also, I did decide that Spanish is pretty darn awesome. There are 5 words for love in Spanish and each means a different thing.  So Spanish = boss. I also found the tree that I was told about.  The tree that smells like red cream soda!  Its insane.  I want one.  There's no place like the MTC.  There's 52,225 missionaries in 340 missions around the world.  Missionary work is the life blood of the church.  According to Pres Monson.  There's no place like the MTC.  There's no spirit like the MTC.  It is absolutely amazing.  Though I'm excited to leave, I know I won't be able to come back ever again.. Unless as an old man, but its different then.. anyway! Sorry this 1st paragraph is all choppy, it always is... I just try to get through all the things I really need to tell you! One last thing: a kid broke his ankle in basketball, it was insane. It looked like my finger when I dislocated it.  And then another crazy story happened but I already wrote it and its in the mail... Its a miracle story.  I guess you could say that I'm experiencing things I've never experienced before, now that I'm on a mission...jaja... the letter is very drama filled and long! You can tell whoever, it doesn't really have to do with me, I just don't have time to write it on this email!

Mum, I've started probiotics. That plan of salvation thing that you gave me works wonders! Especially for like 5 min lessons on the entire plan of salvation. Thank you! Also, You all should watch elder Holland's talk "Safety for the Soul" again... its so good!.  I also want the picture of when I left and everyone was looking out the window at waffle house? Is that cool? Yeah Jill wrote me! And I understood all of her "Spain Spanish" so that was pretty cool. I wrote her back in Latin American Spanish." But all is well in Zion! send pics of Lake Powell!

I'm sorry I don't have time to write you all but I'll attach to my handwritten letter....:)
I love you all and hope you had a safe trip back and a good holiday. ~T

No comments:

Post a Comment