Friday, July 15, 2011

SOOOOO CLLOOOSSSEEE!


Mt. View Missionaries!

Hey family!

So first on my list of things to write home about is about El Pato.  Pato = Duck in Spanish! No wonder there's a duck on the can of that sauce of deliciousness.  So anyway, last Friday we were playing futból (that's Spanish for soccer for you Americans out there) and it was raining a bit so the field was wet.  I was going for the ball, sliding on the grass and then my foot caught and I rolled over the top of it.  At first it felt like it was broken.  It felt like it did when I broke my wrist and/or dislocated my finger... so at the time, I was thinking it was a combination of both... So I was on crutches for all day Friday and then limped around the next couple days... Then, on Tuesday, I was back on the field for the pride of El Salvador. So no worries, not broken, I just had it taped and played.. It was epic, to say the least. Also, I got my travel plans!!! I'm still leaving on Monday, I fly to Dallas and then to El Salvador.  We leave the MTC at like 5 in the morning and then we have like a 5 hour layover in Dallas from like noon to 4:30 ish... something like that... so I'll give you a call sometime during the layover:)  So everything's just about packed up for me! I sent a towel and the fleece lining to my rain jacket home because they were heavy and I have a sweater and three other towels:) So we  gave ourselves spirit animals for the elders in my district... I am a koala bear, my comp is a rhino, the kid that does parkour is a pit bull, the other kid from mesa is a hyena, tucker is a meerkat, and there's three others who are a husky, gazelle, and lizard. I dunno why I'm a koala... my ears move when I eat ? who knows... I also had my first soda since I was 12... I thought I was gonna die... I got sicker than a.... sick thing normally does... jaja:) Anyway, the Elders convinced me because they said I'm gonna have to drink a lot of coke in El Salvador.  Joke time: What did one muffin say to the other when he said, "gosh its warm in here"???? Answer: "oh my gosh! A talking muffin!"  jaja... Something cool I learned this week: might be coincidence but who knows.. so the first settlements of people on the earth were like the middle east, India,  northern Africa and Asia.  We currently do not have missionaries there right now.. well we do in some places, but not all.  Anyway, its just kinda cool because in the scriptures it says the first shall be the last and the last shall be the first... fun fact for you there..jaja.

I'm also finding out that a lot of missionaries have a motto... like Andrew's was "go shake hell".. and stuff like that.. I haven't figured out mine yet... but I like what one elders was.. he was in my zone before he left last week. anyway: "Don't give in. Don't let up" I like it... but I'll let you know when I find mine:)  So that package that you put in my bag to open in El Salvador? I opened it today when I was packing... THANK YOU!!! That was the coolest thing and I was so stoked about it! Why was I not suppose to open it until now? I love it. Thank you thank you thank you:) And that was cool that you put that song by Sara Evans in Spanish.. that's legit:) I'm sorry I didn't have enough time to write you all individually.. we had a lot to do today to get ready to go...!!!

Mum, Thanks for everything that you do for me and all the preparing that you put me through and making me do stuff I didn't always wanna do.  Thanks for the consistent like 2Xweek letters that you've sent me. Thanks for making that book for me. Thanks for getting me ready to go. Thanks for teaching me all that you did.  I love you, mum.

That goes the same for you too, dad:) And happy birthday coming up:)

Austin, you're a stud.

Ellie, don't be a silly goose.

Brynn, Don't be the third Jackson twin with dreadlocks:)

I Love you all!                                                        

<3 - TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment