Thursday, September 20, 2012

La Torre- Week 60



WHATS UP WHATS UP WHATS HAPPENING??
SO, biggest news of the week.... I got changed! yup.. definitely not happy..... Elder Ventura is still in Nuevo but I am in the department of San Vicente in an area called La Torre.. its in the department of San Vicente in the city of San Vicente... freak changes right? So my new comp is Elder Garner from Las Vegas.. and.... wait for it..........I am a zone leader now.... so that's kinda cool... now we get a cell phone which makes things a lot more convenient. but anyway... pretty ordinary:)
I was really bummed to have to leave my old area... the bomb was having tons of success.. and I left 5 baptisms for yesterday in that area and another 2 for the end of the month and two families for Oct.... stupid... but changes are made through inspiration. So its not like you can go ask president to ask the Lord again... Just look at Joseph Smith and Martin Harris right??
So saying goodbye was hard even though I was only there for about 3 months.. The familia Ramos was awesome... where I ripped my pants (btw, didn't get that pair skinnied... those where original from the states!... but she fixed them perfect... the thing I like about El Salvador is how cheap the labor is... i skinnied and fixed two of my broken pants and it was only two bucks... jajaja) The familia Franco has always been super super nice.. they said that if I ever come back that I could stay with them and they would take me to all the beautiful places of the country. They said that one of the reasons they let us in was because I was such a smiley guy..jaja.. "you can win a crowd with a smile"... the familia Recinos was my cooks familia.. and the bishop was good:) I sent pics of all those families. Saying goodbye is sodding hard... had the death cab song stuck in my head "you may tire of me, but our December sun is setting.... on the back of a motorbike, with your arms outstretched trying to take flight..." don't know why... good song...
This week we had the 15 of Sept! it is the independence day of El Salvador:) lots of parades and stuff:)
Being ZL is pretty cool, there is just a bunch of chores to do that aren't very fun...
GOT MY PACKAGE!! THANKS YOUS!! very cool:)
So my new area is a branch... its not a ward.. But its about as big as the last ward I was in.. It seems like it will be a good branch.. There is someone in the branch that looks exactly like brother McDonald's granddaughter.. remember her? Katherine Elizabeth McDonald.. or Katie McDonald... like, i don't think you understand how much she looks like her... like I thought that it was really her and I was going to ask her what she was doing here???.. it was incredible... ..... ... ...... .. .. . . . . ... wonder what she is doing? married? figure it out for me:) then tell her to write me;) everyone forgets about you! jajajaja.. but I am happy.
We are teaching a Doctor in this new area and she is bien pilas, we taught the word of wisdom and she is already living it.. Something that is very unusual in El Salvador.. Especially when everyone and their dog drinks coffee because it is so sodding cheap... The Lord prepares people in ways you wouldn't believe
Mum, thanks for your letter and the package and everything that you do for me! You are very awesome and I am lucky to have such a great mum like you:) I already read Lectures on Faith... very cool book! Thanks mum! love ya!
Dad, hope hunting went well! Sounds like the week went well! So actually Elder Scurr is in my zone and told me about that whole freak bike accident.. I got your email this morning... I have been thinking about it.. and I will continue to think about it.. but its kinda the same thing as any other passion we have had.. They have always been dangerous.. but we have always done them.. I don't think I would live inside on a couch with my head under a blanket... yeah its a dangerous sport and lots of things could happen... but I´ll keep thinking about it... I mean, that turned into my passion in college. but I´ll think some more.. I love ya dad! I hope all goes well this week with all business changes... I´ll keep praying.
Austin.. keep it real... love ya
Ellie.. véase arriba
Brynn... que seas muy muy feliz siempre! que tengas una buena semana!!!
LOVE YA ALL FAM WHIPS!
TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment